Had
    Before
    Ever
    A
    Billion
    Times.
    Well obvously, these topics are FUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaka peach View Post
    she simply would have put her fingers in his nose to take him down...
    While being dropped by a double leg might not be the time to do it*, finger in nose works well, just like wang grab works well. It's how you do it. I'd probably use finger (or pen, pencil, key etc) in eye first, but if you shove your finger hard up some person's nose they will back up quickly. Everyone in Bullshido land agrees that competition stuff like BJJ, boxing and so forth teach real fighting skills, but remember how many times UFC fights have been stopped by a finger to the eye? I used my left jab in the street (actually, on the lawn) and it worked well stop the fellow (such a different feeling, his teeth through his lips on my knucles, than one gets in class with gloves on), but if it had been a serious self-defense situation I might have left jab poked his eye - it's the same move and once you got a good fast jab down it's pretty easy to connect, especially if you are facing an aggressive clown.

*One cage fight did end when the guy being dropped did a douple strike to the shooters neck, mid air, real hard and fast, so doing that kind of thing is possible, if not high percentage.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 12:27pm

Style: Boxing/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick View Post
    Okay, I'm going to say this slowly:

Do
    Not
    Put
    Words
    In
    My
    Mouth (so to speak)

I never said this, so I have no obligation to defend the statement, for it is stupid.

OP, Sorry, but your posts read like you're what? 22? 25? I think I've got years of this kind of argument behind me, stop trying to false premise me, ain't going to work.

Actually, screaming and running is the best and first defense in these situations, and what I would teach my daughter (if I had one).

*slaps forehead*

Oh **** me, you have to be like 12, not 21.

Again, I never said this ridiculous and pathetic thing, so no obligation to defend it.

What I've been trying to get you to understand is this: your professed attitude (I can knock out my attacker) is exactly, no, MORE dangerous than the attitude you attempted to critizise (i.e. the way women's self defense is taught in many classes).

I'm glad you train. I'm glad you're not a victim, like 90% of the women I see out there, who think they can get drunk with impunity, or lip off to people, or just generally act irresponsible and expect to be treated like the delicate little flowers that daddy told them they were. They have "fresh meat" written on their foreheads and will pay for it someday.

But if you are ever attacked on the street by a stranger (statistically very unlikely as has been pointed out), I hope you will scream and run.

And if you can't fucking take the guy's eye out, don't punch him. Don't grapple him. Scratch his fucking eyes out.

for the record, I'm actually 27 years old. and I still don't get why you don't seem to be able to remain polite and calm when discussing a topic, wheter or not you agree with what I'm saying. :sad3:

of course screaming and running are effective things to do if you are attacked, this is not the point. the point is that you'd better be able to do something else if those don't cut it. As I said before, I'm not a particularly fast runner, and I can easily picture a guy being able to get me as I attempt to flee, thus the need to be able to at least TRY to defend myself once he's on me. Being 6 foot 1 and 170 pounds, I probably have a better chance to fend him off compared to a 5 foot 1 105 pounds girl. I don't know if being tall will by itself discourage potential rapist, that could be nice. But I'm actually VERY AWARE of my physical limitation, as my 5 foot 8 165 pounds brother is a lot stronger physically. (we spar) I know I don't stand a chance if I try to fend an agressor with strength, I know running is the most intelligent thing to do, but every girl can scream and run and yet rapes happens everyday.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 1:22pm

Style: Adult Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say just act as insane as possible. Who wants to mess with some one who seams mentally unstable. I have used this technique in the past with very good results. I used to be picked on a lot in school until I realized that if I just act insane then people back away and find some other poor victim to mess with. I am not saying that this will work every time, but it is worth a try.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    I say just act as insane as possible. Who wants to mess with some one who seams mentally unstable.
    Me! Here, watch this!

I have used this technique in the past with very good results. I used to be picked on a lot in school until I realized that if I just act insane then people back away and find some other poor victim to mess with. I am not saying that this will work every time, but it is worth a try.
    LOL @ "act"

Senior Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:31pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaka peach View Post
    for the record, I'm actually 27 years old. and I still don't get why you don't seem to be able to remain polite and calm when discussing a topic, wheter or not you agree with what I'm saying. :sad3:
    Because you made a series of stupid comments, then posted that I said them. This pisses me off.

Anyway, kind of beating the horse to death here, an d off on a road trip for the weekend. Please talk amongst yourselves.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:39pm

Style: Boxing/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because you made a series of stupid comments, then posted that I said them. This pisses me off.

Anyway, kind of beating the horse to death here, an d off on a road trip for the weekend. Please talk amongst yourselves.

By being so aggressive on a mere internet thread, I wonder if you have any clue at all about avoiding escalation of violence:pain10:

I'm not here to fall into a trashtalking game, so I won't bother with criticism unless it is construtive AND polite.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:43pm

Style: Adult Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    Me! Here, watch this!

LOL @ "act"

Are you insinuating that I AM insane, or did I misuse or misspell the word? I am a bit insane at times but I would not call myself insane. But I guess an insane person cannot diagnose themselves huh? Just wanting a clarification on it thats all.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 2:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you insinuating that I AM insane, or did I misuse or misspell the word? I am a bit insane at times but I would not call myself insane. But I guess an insane person cannot diagnose themselves huh? Just wanting a clarification on it thats all.
    Why? Is it really that important? No.

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just out of curiosity, JKDChick, how many actual sanctioned matches have you had? You like to place yourself in the same category as Kidspatula and Annatrocity. Alternatively, how many times have you had to actually physically defend yourself?

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the Universal Kempo's warmups: arm stretch moves in all directions with the pointy finger pointing (because they are eye poke strikes) and shrimping and then guard to side to full with partners across the hard hard floor (basic BJJ as a kempo warmup? Whaddah idea!). That attitude is that all training is self defense. This type of training gives "muscle memory" because it's the stuff they do every workout.

The best thing my daughter got out of getting shodan in Okinawan karate was a sense of body space. One enters with permission and after many years it becomes an automatic response to fight an intruder. I know of two local girls who didn't get raped or killed. One came up with a nut kick after being doubled over when the asshole punched her in the gut (he dropped and she ran to the nearest house and 911'd him right to jail) and my kid who was frontally grabbed and inward blocked and reverse punched and screamed.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast