Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vitamins and Eating a Meal

I don't believe in all the supplement hype.

I do take a generic multivitamin or one of my kid's vitamins and a calcium pill at least five or six times a week.

One of my co-workers saw me washing the pills down with coffee and warned me to eat them with a full meal instead. I do that now but am curious:

Why should you have to take a vitamin with a meal? Doesn't most of the vitamin just wash out of my body anyway?

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 2:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I don't believe that vitamins give you energy either.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 3:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some vitamins are fat soluble, and others are water soluble. That's why you should eat them with a meal. It's easier for your body to absorb vitamins that are solubilized in their solvent (either water or fat). This is also the reason you have oil in salad dressings.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, so these hard pills and even chewables are not the ideal vehicle for the vitamins but probably one of the most convenient for storage and handling, etc.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 5:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The process of heating up the powder and compacting (or whatever the appropriate word would be...) it into pill form has been shown to actually kill off a large percentage of the minerals & vitamins in there.

As you said, the body gets rid of most of the pill anyway because it can't break down the pill form correctly. Anyone that takes multivitamin pills in the morning would notice the bright yellow piss a few hours later....

Its not as convenient, but if possible, try to buy a multivitamin powder.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 5:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you or anyone recommend a good multivitamin powder? Where are they sold?

That explains the orange color in the bathroom everyday.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 5:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was also thinking that your body really does need all that stuff anyway so it just passes through your system unused.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 9:11pm

Style: Deciding On A Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ut oh! I could talk about this topic forever ;)

You can get most of the nutrients you need simply by popping a multivitamin, but you'll miss out on very important micronutrients.
    Fruites & veggies contain phytochemicals which are powerful disease fighters.
    Unfortunately, our foods {america} don't have the same nutritional value as it did years ago.
    Our farmers generally only add back 3 nutrients into the soil to recrop. Plants & veggies absorb 67 vitamins & minerals from the soil.
    This has created a HUGE nutritional deficiency in our daily diets & our body cells are not receiving enough Megahertz resonation from the foods to regenerate our cells.
    The way it works is that our body cells need a certain electromagnetic frequency in order to stay healthy during their life cycles. The minimum energy level needed for normal cell regeneration is 70 Megahertz. Our diets RARELY excede 50 Megahertz which is why everyone needs a vitamin suppliment, as much as I hate to admit it.
    I just wrote an eZine article that I think you'll find rather interesting.. it should be out in a week or two & I'll provide a link for you to read it.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 9:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Electromagnetic freq...could this be the secret to Chi Bolts flashing out of my fingertips????

Serious, very interesting Sasha, please let me see your article.

Posted On:
    2/02/2004 9:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sachet, I've never heard of Megahertz being used to define an energy level. What are you talking about and what is your background in this stuff?

FoM: you can't heat-denature minerals. You can heat denature vitamins, but things are not heated to sufficient temperatures to cause this. For example, Vitamin B6 has a melting temperature of 290 degrees C, which is about 554 degrees F.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast