Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 9:29am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    8 in the past month. I tell them you're one of my best friends.
    Oh, so you are lying to help get them in the door now :eusa_thin

Really...8 in one month? That is really great. It is good to know all the hard work is paying off.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 9:59am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5 of them actually ended up joining too.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:00am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS. Coffeefan will be sending the application in and contacting you, oh and you have a PM.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 3:34pm

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out View Post
    Great vid, your school sounds awesome.
    +1 on this.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    PS. Coffeefan will be sending the application in and contacting you, oh and you have a PM.
    awsome!
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blisterstarr View Post
    1. Great vid, you are a great face for your art/sport. I mean face as in representative, not as in like your pretty. Im not say your face is not pret... you know what i mean.

2. The pad work is strange. The elbow down hooks surprised me (1:21). Ive always heard that those were crap. With my little time messing with them i didn't like them and found them to have no power. Im not sure if what your doing is different than that systema vids Ive seen but with my elbow up the power just seems to bow out under with out my full body to brace behind it. I am familiar with the over hands rights (that i use all the time) but when you turn your shoulder for it the body alignment is different (right?). Having trained with you I know the quality of what you teach. I might give them a second look/try.
    YouTube - How to throw the Fedor Punch AKA Sambo's "casting" punch

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 4:01pm

Style: Catch as Catch Can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I’ve been working this “casting punch” during shadow boxing since you posted it up. Trying to understand it and watching Fedor use it. Seeing how he uses his hips with it, using this wired hip to arm whip motion, I had never noticed him turning his hand over like that until you pointed it out. To my understanding much like a haymaker that you would see Gomi throw, but only with some elbow deception and with the forearm or the back of the hand as a striking surface like you guys showed in the video. I spent a lot of time thinking about this.
    Last night I returned to the gym (after some time off from training after hurting my wrist during a in house fight.), after a few minutes of stretching out one of the guys in the mma class wanted to spar with me to get ready for a fight that he has coming up. So I got a chance to try the the casting punch live, without ever throwing it at someone slow, or hitting a bag. I throw it at his guard a few times and it felt pretty good. I thought Ill use it for the throw.
    First try I wrapped him up and hip threw him. I was thinking OMG no way, that was too easy, a flook. So I give it a round so he wouldn’t expect it and tried it again. Again casting punch to hip throw = success. Im sure it did not look as good as it would if a pro did it, but hey it worked well.
    Afterward he told me that when I threw him he was vary surprised; “you were hitting me and then wam!… I hit (the ground) pretty hard, did you see me ball up?”
    So to make a long story short, (after you’ve already wasted your time reading all this). Thanks.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blisterstarr View Post
    So I’ve been working this “casting punch” during shadow boxing since you posted it up. Trying to understand it and watching Fedor use it. Seeing how he uses his hips with it, using this wired hip to arm whip motion, I had never noticed him turning his hand over like that until you pointed it out. To my understanding much like a haymaker that you would see Gomi throw, but only with some elbow deception and with the forearm or the back of the hand as a striking surface like you guys showed in the video. I spent a lot of time thinking about this.
    Last night I returned to the gym (after some time off from training after hurting my wrist during a in house fight.), after a few minutes of stretching out one of the guys in the mma class wanted to spar with me to get ready for a fight that he has coming up. So I got a chance to try the the casting punch live, without ever throwing it at someone slow, or hitting a bag. I throw it at his guard a few times and it felt pretty good. I thought Ill use it for the throw.
    First try I wrapped him up and hip threw him. I was thinking OMG no way, that was too easy, a flook. So I give it a round so he wouldn’t expect it and tried it again. Again casting punch to hip throw = success. Im sure it did not look as good as it would if a pro did it, but hey it worked well.
    Afterward he told me that when I threw him he was vary surprised; “you were hitting me and then wam!… I hit (the ground) pretty hard, did you see me ball up?”
    So to make a long story short, (after you’ve already wasted your time reading all this). Thanks.
    That is awsome!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 4:48pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear God, Sambo as well as striking with both Kyokushin and Muay Thai roots? If I were living in NY...

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/07/2009 9:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    Dear God, Sambo as well as striking with both Kyokushin and Muay Thai roots? If I were living in NY...
    If you are ever in town, stop by!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast