Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 6:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He hasn't said word one about the incidents in this situation. He made a comment on your "rape" post. The same thing I commented on when I called you a douchebag. He even clarified twice that was all he was addressing.

YOU keep making it is about the Soards and The'.
    And I'm suppose to care about your opinion of me.....How?

This is about the Soards and The'. It's also about a group of people who will use everything at their idsposal to get what they want.

In any case care to comment on exactly what "recent developments" you people are talking about in the case. I would be interested.

Also, what "big Picture" is The' missing out on? I've heard that from other places but no one has yet to explain it. I think he has all the information that he needs and has made correct decisions based on that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 7:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Staff View Post
    And I'm suppose to care about your opinion of me.....How?
    For a person who doens't care you sure bring it up constantly.

This is about the Soards and The'.
    No, it is about artards experience in SD/CSC. It morphed into the Soards court case. Are you asking for a separate thread?

In any case care to comment on exactly what "recent developments" you people are talking about in the case. I would be interested.
    What happened to your source?

Also, what "big Picture" is The' missing out on? I've heard that from other places but no one has yet to explain it.
    If you read your own post you actually dismissed the reason.

I think he has all the information that he needs and has made correct decisions based on that.
    He who the DA?

Everyone else has already made their decisions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 7:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Everyone else has already made their decisions.
    Including GM The'

Just wondering what will happen next after he sends the letters to the other eight schools that they are out of the art.

I've got a good idea!

I have a feeling that The' does too.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 7:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Including GM The'
    Yes you saw the letter.

Just wondering what will happen next after he sends the letters to the other eight schools that they are out of the art.
    The same thing that happens when, there are no sexual allegations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 9:10pm

Style: Traditional Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The incidents that Soard was charged with happened four years ago. If there has been anything else then someone needs to come forward.
    Um, they did.... They pressed charges.

Is there something else out there that's going to be made public if the nine school don't get there way? I've heard that. In fact I've heard certain things about both Soard and The'.
    I don't even know how to begin to respond to the first statement. Yeah, we've all heard things. What exactly are you trying to say?

Anyway don't hold your breath on any civil case being filed.
    How would you know? Are we to infer from this statement that you are omnisicent/prescient? Is this a Shaolin-Do thing?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 9:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone that researched this entire situation, instead of going purely on hearsay, would know that there is more.

Granted, this one is harassment but, it is a start.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/04/2009 9:24pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 10:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Girl View Post
    Um, they did.... They pressed charges.
    Case/Docket Number Please

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:16am

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I look at the facts. Funny thing is the two women that David supposely attacked are instructors from the nine schools...What are the odds of that?
    Actually to clarify of the two women involved in the current case one was an instructor of a school and one was the head of a rec club. Of the two additional women that made statements to the press, one of them was an instructor, and one was not.

As to the odds, considering instructors are the ones most likely to be caught alone with the Soards, and which have the most invested in their continued viability and success... I'd say that that puts them in pretty good odds to be preferred targets. And before someone takes issue with my use of the term targets, yes it is intentional because personally hearing what I have of each account I have no doubt myself that he knew very well what he was doing and how consensual or wanted it was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:01am

Style: Traditional Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know; I didn't ask her. But I know for a fact that she pressed charges and it was for an incident way earlier than 4 years ago.

Also, despite my wanting to keep an open mind about your misogynistic innuendos and other snide remarks, I can't help but suspect you are a Soard troll and my mother told me not to ever feed them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 2:43pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my earlier posts (Assuming you took time to actually read the thread) You would have seen the following posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    In recent news of the CSC faction:
    Elder Master David Soard of Boulder, CO, was tried for charges of unwanted sexual contact on Jan. 28 and Jan. 29, 2009 in Colorado Springs, CO. case # 07M10204. The original police report filed is CSPD 0733976.

This was not an isolated allegation, and though there were several testimonies on file with the prosecutor the judge did not allow additional testimony.

Unfortunately, he was found not guilty.
    Now that the case has been resolved and she has come forward to make statements to the press I feel I can in good conscience point out that this was Cynthia Clark that filed the charges leading to this case.

The following was the second court case:
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    Soard, David
    Court Docket Number: 09CR417
    1 F4 SEXUAL ASSAULT Dismissed
    2 M1 UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONTACT Dismissed
    3 M2 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONTACT Dismissed
    4 M3 HARASSMENT Pled Guilty

So in summary the charges were plea bargained down to a harassment charge. (Thus the greater charges being dismissed)

Sentencing is Sept 25th at 10am. Minimum- 2 years supervised probation, and mandatory counseling.
    So that is three people that pressed charges and saw it to court. Given that David Soard got off of the first charges, the DA's decision to take the plea and make sure that he had a record makes a bit more sense. It would especially make sense if the DA knew of other charges coming down the line, but I don't personally know of any additional charges being pressed at this time. That is not however a surprise since what can be said about a ongoing investigation or court case and by who is pretty limited. So as someone else already pointed out, information in that regards will likely be limited until it is decided by the courts.

As to civil cases, the same would also apply, and it is entirely common for civil cases to only start after the initial criminal case has been ruled upon since it the burden of proof is much lower and a guilt verdict on the criminal case generally makes the civil case much quicker.

As for dates and the question regarding these events taking place four years ago, one of the incidents (possibly the one Shaolin girl is referring to) that the second case addressed happened just over three years ago (about three years before the arraignment).

As to what will happen with the break away schools, I would not be surprised if they were "kicked out of the art" as well, and the Soards sent out new students as instructors to start up their own schools in those areas. That does seem to be the pattern that they have followed in the past when they have parted ways with instructors.

As for what those schools want though, surprisingly most businesses that advertise teaching self defense and honor would not find it beneficial to be associated with someone who had even these allegations leveled against them. So even aside from the possible personal views of not wanting to be around, or support, this sort of person from a business standpoint the disassociation makes sense on a umber of levels.

Will the Soards fight it? I would be surprised if they didn't. The loss of this many schools is definitely a blow to their money flow, and likely would endanger their ability to dictate decisions to other schools without question as they have in the past.
    Last edited by krsd; 10/05/2009 2:58pm at .
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast