Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 9:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Spirit View Post
    Persoanlly, I think this is a bunch of crap. As has been hashed and rehashed time and again, The' is not "the" GM. Apparently, there are sevral that make the same claim. All Shaolin, or just Shao-lin? Shaolin Do, Shaolin Ryu, Shaolin Kung Fu? This is ridiculous. Yeah, I was a member of the Kool Aid Do gang for quite a while and I learned some good things and some not so good things. But I had cross trained fromway back and continue to do so today. Okay, so he booted a couple folks. Who cares? IT is not like they do not have MA skills or cannot continue to train. GMT can say my rank is rescinded and it doesn't change what I know. Congratulations to those that are finally released from the yoke they were under with the SDA.
    They were never under the SDA completely separate org. The people that were/are in care.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 10:59am

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF,

Don't get me wrong. I understand when you put your energy into something and stay with it for a while and provide support for the organization. It becomes a part of your life and your perception of yourself. Been there and done that. What I am saying is that there is life after a separation, don't be down on yourself or beat yourself up because a small group of people is down on you. Of course, I am not saying you, specifically, but anyone. Did it bother me when I had words with my former teacher and left? You bet your ass it did. Do I miss some of the people, the exchanges and what we used to do? Absolutely! But then I also will never throw away or ignore the many good things I received from it and a few of my close buddies from then, regardless of my lack of status with the organization. My intent was to try to cheer up those that are now out of the club and point out that they still have their skills.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:05am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF,

Don't get me wrong. I understand when you put your energy into something and stay with it for a while and provide support for the organization. It becomes a part of your life and your perception of yourself. Been there and done that. What I am saying is that there is life after a separation, don't be down on yourself or beat yourself up because a small group of people is down on you. Of course, I am not saying you, specifically, but anyone. Did it bother me when I had words with my former teacher and left? You bet your ass it did. Do I miss some of the people, the exchanges and what we used to do? Absolutely! But then I also will never throw away or ignore the many good things I received from it and a few of my close buddies from then, regardless of my lack of status with the organization. My intent was to try to cheer up those that are now out of the club and point out that they still have their skills.
    Oh they are fine. This is more about getting people the information that they (Soards) hide. That is all. The 9 schools that left are staying together so, it isn't one specific person they are still essentially a group.

Also, so people understand that this isn't the SDA group this is the Chinese Shaolin-Center group. Different from the one you left just the same forms done....ah but that is another thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I did not even know they were that separate. Yes, you are right about the different thread thing. Amazing!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 12:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah there are IMO four.

There is the SDA that you know headed by Leonard.
    There is the CSC headed by the Soards.
    There is the Atlanta CSC (zero Soards association) headed by Grooms.

Now the Splinter group of nine west schools.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And GMT treats them equally and deals with them separately? (Except for the newest group).

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 1:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And GMT treats them equally
    IMO No. He could handle it better and most of the animosity would be gone. He goes where the money flows IMO.

deals with them separately? (Except for the newest group).
    Yes as far as I know and understand.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 3:37pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes as far as I know and understand.
    As for the newer group, I think that has largely to come to light how he will deal with that association of schools as a whole, but The Phoenix CSC (The one recognized by AZ state law and not just by the Soards) is "persona non grata" so far as The' and the Soards have indicated.

I will also add a confirmation that that school and the other break away schools are doing well. In the Phoenix school in particular there has been a pretty good showing of late of how much the instructors have from the students. They have been up front with what has been going on and answered numerous question from students about what this means going forward. I think to date I have not heard of any students being dis-satisfied with the answers they have been given or the amount of input they have been able to give and have honestly considered. As a result, spirits seem to be not only good, but positive and looking forward to a new era of training and possibly increased ability to learn more, not less after the disassociation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:34am

Style: Traditional Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    In the Phoenix school in particular there has been a pretty good showing of late of how much the instructors have from the students. They have been up front with what has been going on and answered numerous question from students about what this means going forward. I think to date I have not heard of any students being dis-satisfied with the answers they have been given or the amount of input they have been able to give and have honestly considered. As a result, spirits seem to be not only good, but positive and looking forward to a new era of training and possibly increased ability to learn more, not less after the disassociation.
    Yup, you said it! We are all excited with the latest changes and consider ourselves lucky to have instructors who can think for themselves and stand up for what they know is right, regardless of the personal cost. We are looking forward to some great training, free of the limitations imposed by people we can never again trust or respect.

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

copywrite

I learned shaolin do back in the 80's but currently train with my instructor who is no longer part of the SDA or affiliated with the shaolin do name. I still practice what I know and it has been beneficial.
    But looking at that letter sent by GM sin the', how can he possibly copywrite forms he didn't create?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast