Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2009 8:13pm

Style: Kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

David Soard Pleads Guilty to Harrasment Chinese Shaolin Center/ Shaolin-Do

In recent news of the CSC faction:
    Elder Master David Soard of Boulder, CO, was tried for charges of unwanted sexual contact on Jan. 28 and Jan. 29, 2009 in Colorado Springs, CO. case # 07M10204. The original police report filed is CSPD 0733976.

This was not an isolated allegation, and though there were several testimonies on file with the prosecutor the judge did not allow additional testimony.

Unfortunately, he was found not guilty.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2009 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krsd View Post
    In recent news of the CSC faction:
    Elder Master David Soard of Boulder, CO, was tried for charges of unwanted sexual contact on Jan. 28 and Jan. 29, 2009 in Colorado Springs, CO. case # 07M10204. The original police report filed is CSPD 0733976.

This was not an isolated allegation, and though there were several testimonies on file with the prosecutor the judge did not allow additional testimony.

Unfortunately, he was found not guilty.
    To start with I am a former member of the Chinese Shaolin Center in Colorado. However I'm not going to give much information about myself for obvious reasons. I still have many friends in the program.

I first started hearing about all of this maybe a year ago. At the schools it is kind of an open secret with people taking sides. In fact that is one of the reasons I left the school. I wanted to remain neutral and train without having to worry about whether or not Master David was going to jail....but that was impossible.

The students who are still at the school are firmly behind the Soards. The rest were either kicked out (I know of at least two people who were asked to leave) or just left on thier own.

What surprises me is that the Soards have managed to keep this under wraps for the most part. I can't speak about Colorado Springs but in Denver and Boulder there has been absolutely nothing in the media about the charges against Master David.

I believe (although I not sure) that Master David will face more charges in either Denver or Boulder. It will be interesting to see the press coverage if he does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Staff View Post
    To start with I am a former member of the Chinese Shaolin Center in Colorado. However I'm not going to give much information about myself for obvious reasons. I still have many friends in the program.
    I'm sorry you felt the need to leave, but can see where that is a difficult situation to deal with. I can certainly understand your desire to remain as apart from things as possible, and to that end will be keeping this post short myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Staff View Post
    I believe (although I not sure) that Master David will face more charges in either Denver or Boulder. It will be interesting to see the press coverage if he does.
    More Charges have been brought for separate incidents and court proceedings are underway.

This is definitely something that will leave it's mark on the CSC's regardless of the outcome of the trial. The Phoenix AZ school has broken off from the Soards, from what I understand, and now is directly under Grandmaster The'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soard, David
    Court Docket Number: 09CR417
    1 F4 SEXUAL ASSAULT Dismissed
    2 M1 UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONTACT Dismissed
    3 M2 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT UNLAWFUL SEXUAL CONTACT Dismissed
    4 M3 HARASSMENT Pled Guilty

So in summary the charges were plea bargained down to a harassment charge. (Thus the greater charges being dismissed)

Sentencing is Sept 25th at 10am. Minimum- 2 years supervised probation, and mandatory counseling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 1:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had dinner with some current and former CSC students the other night and they confirmed that the sentencing is tomorrow. Apparently there has been heaps of drama around the schools recently and long-time students getting kicked out left and right and starting their own independent practice groups. I have no idea if the average student knows about the legal stuff though or how it's affecting business.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 1:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, all I'll say is they do lie about people leaving. I know this for a fact.

Oh and it isn't recent it has just became more public. This garbage has been simmering since 2000 easily.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Results of the sentencing from a contact of mine: "He got two years probation, is required to attend therapy and counseling and pass a sexual history polygraph. [name removed] is also pursuing a retaliation claim, and a few others who have lost there [sic] jobs or schools may do that as well."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2009 11:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

David Soard, Elder Master at the Boulder and Denver CSC Charged with Sexual Assault

One of what will probably be several news articles about this.

"Boulder Shaolin master was accused of sexual assault but pleaded to harassment"
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_13423591

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 6:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I haven't seen him in almost 5 years. This **** aged him pretty bad.
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_13423591

Sad thing is, I commented on the cult like status. One of the reasons why I quit instructing. People didn't believe me then, after talking to an instructor, most of them see it now.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/10/2011 6:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2009 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That daily camera article is the most viewed article on the site right now and has like 120 comments on it since being posted less than 24 hours ago. I have only read a few of them but the drama quotient is ridiculous.
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast