Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    lol @ "Explode on his face." Ha ha! Decent fight, though.

I actually could see Simms mowing through all these greenhorns and ending up in the finals v. Nelson. I could see it going the other way too, since Simms is generally believed to suck. But experience can count for a lot in these situations. I mean, he is 22-12. Plus he's on a 3 fight win streak (cannot speak to the quality of his opponents) where he finished each fight with sub or KO.
    Yeah, I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of Simms, he seems like the kind of guy that would get a lot of airtime. I guess it's been mostly taken up thus far with Kimbo and now Mitrione ducking Marcus. I think he'll do pretty well, he has been fighting for awhile now, probably has a better skill set than most of these goobers.

Rogers sitting around waiting for Jackson and Tiki to get back from lunch was depressing to watch, and then Rashad had to come over and console him after the loss. Rampage is a dick, I'm embarrassed I used to like the guy. If they were going to fight, I'd be rooting for Rashad.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 10:43am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace View Post
    Yeah, I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of Simms, he seems like the kind of guy that would get a lot of airtime. I guess it's been mostly taken up thus far with Kimbo and now Mitrione ducking Marcus. I think he'll do pretty well, he has been fighting for awhile now, probably has a better skill set than most of these goobers.
    This whole part of the show sort of stunned me. Matt is a friend and I train with him fairly regularly. I can definitely say he's not the "meathead" he's portrayed to be. He's actually a pretty well spoken and intelligent individual. I'm holding out opinion on the "ducking" for now because it's hard for me to believe. I've never seen that guy shy away from a challenge. Of course I doubt he's ever fought anyone as big as Marcus. It's also, not something I want to bring up with him right now. Hopefully he comes off a lot better later.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I crazy, or is it starting to look like the timing of Rampage's retirement had something to do with the air schedule of the show? How bad is he going to look over the next few weeks?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 11:17am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear that rampage is leaving MMA to take up acting full time.
    So maybe he levaing MMA is legit and not a show grabber.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 11:26am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbox View Post
    I hear that rampage is leaving MMA to take up acting full time.
    So maybe he levaing MMA is legit and not a show grabber.
    dude! are you serious?! where on earth did you hear that?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:41pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    LOL at all the suckers who tuned in thinking Kimbo was going to replace Marcus this episode!!

I hope Marcus steps in a gets beaten already. The guy seems horribly out of shape and is going to get schooled.

I can't believe they brought Rampage back for a second time coaching. He was crap the first time he did it, and now he is not only advising dumb things like not passing guard, but he is being an asshole to boot. **** him.

Anaconda FTW! I love that choke.
    I dunno man, Marcus' cardio certainly seems to be less than it could be but, I asked Matt about it before the tournament last Sat and he said that he had sparred Marcus before and personally attested to the power of the man. Lol from what I've heard he's not gonna be easy to beat. His standup power is much more than average and yuou can't just take him down like you can Kimbo becasue once he's down he's got Jits from Rob to back him up.

I don't know if he'sll win it but I don;t think itt's be as easy to beat him as some ppl thnk.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I don't know if he'sll win it but I don;t think itt's be as easy to beat him as some ppl thnk.
    Here's the thing. Wes Shivers looked strong as hell. Significantly stronger than McSweeney. But that fight would have been won by any fighter who had the endurance to go for five minutes solid.

This is the Bob Sapp dilemma. It doesn't matter how strong you are, if you only have the endurance to fight hard for two minutes, because you can't always knock someone out in an opening flurry.

Jones is a physical specimen, no doubt about it.
    But that alone is just not enough.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fwiw according to Marcus' blog he was recovering from a staph infection when he first got on the show so his cardio was worse than normal.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:16pm

Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage is a such a dick. He doesnt show any care for his fighters....except kimbo of course.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod View Post
    fwiw according to Marcus' blog he was recovering from a staph infection when he first got on the show so his cardio was worse than normal.
    Good to keep in mind.

Still, it doesn't erase Shivers' sad gassing out, nor does it erase Marcus' own comments in episode 1 that football just doesn't prepare you for the sort of constant exertion of MMA, but it does temper it a bit.

And for that matter, what was McSweeney's excuse?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast