Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 10:39pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage is a total douche. All he has is excuses and complaints, he makes horrible decisions (going to get something to eat when his fighter is about to fight) and I dont even think he really says anything when he talks. He just cracks jokes and seems clueless.

On the flip side Rashad is coming off great. Forget the wins/losses, just coaching ability and caring for his fighters. He seems like a nice guy, which is good because a lot of people used to think he was cocky or just didnt relate to him. Im definetly impressed with his decisions,coaching and attitude.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage is the worst coach in the history of TUF.

He is actually worse than Ken Shamrock.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post

On the flip side Rashad is coming off great. Forget the wins/losses, just coaching ability and caring for his fighters. He seems like a nice guy, which is good because a lot of people used to think he was cocky or just didnt relate to him. Im definetly impressed with his decisions,coaching and attitude.
    Yeah I feel the same. When the season started I was a fan of Rampage and didn't really like Rashad that much (although I was rooting for him when he was in the last heavyweight TUF season). But much like the Tito and Ken season, Tito really impressed me with how he treated his guys and trained his team. It was cool to see that his attitude was (mostly) for the cameras. Rashad's coaching and the way he stepped up after tonight's fight when Jackson's guy lost, really won me over.

I still like Rampage, though. I just think he should stick to fighting and throwing rednecks over a flea's eye view camera man in slo-mo (I hope the keep that classic BA move in the A-Team movie).
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Cesar View Post
    Why wasn't there a replay of that submission? I never would have guessed he would have tapped out to that, the guys were completely parallel with each other.

From personal experience I have been put in that hold several times during sparing, and the pressure is only bad when my sparing partner manages to hook my body with his legs and come in that way for the finish. Did I miss something? Ahhhhhh why the hell did they not show the replay?
    More commonly see it parallel. You can increase the force of the choke and add in a crank by moving in toward their body. Didn't pay attention to it enough to recall if that were an option.

Take that with the caveat that I've probably never done an anaconda on anyone over blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod View Post
    Rampage is the worst coach in the history of TUF.

He is actually worse than Ken Shamrock.
    Possibly, though I would suggest that Rampage's assisstant's are overall better choices. Close though.

Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post
    Rampage is a total douche. All he has is excuses and complaints, he makes horrible decisions (going to get something to eat when his fighter is about to fight) and I dont even think he really says anything when he talks. He just cracks jokes and seems clueless.

Agreed. Rampage is a horrible coach and I suspect that he's a horrible teammate.

Rashad comforting Rampage's fighter seemed, to me, to be done in all honesty. He seems like a good guy. He also seems to possess more than enough introspection to allow empathy (Jardine:Junk). Rampage is just an idiot. On top of that he seems like a good coach.

I do also think that Damico has potential; he didn't look too bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 3:33am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why wasn't there a replay of that submission? I never would have guessed he would have tapped out to that, the guys were completely parallel with each other.

From personal experience I have been put in that hold several times during sparing, and the pressure is only bad when my sparing partner manages to hook my body with his legs and come in that way for the finish. Did I miss something? Ahhhhhh why the hell did they not show the replay?
    we've learned that variation of the anacaonda choke. basically the key to it is 3 things. the first is squeezing the rnc grip, kinda like a darce. the second is arching your back and the third is walking up. the walking up part is the part that really tightens it up. Walking into the opponent starts to crumple the opponents posture and the choke gets much tighter.
    Last edited by wingchunx2z; 10/08/2009 3:37am at .

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 6:43am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

He walked towards the head, the tap didn't come till he was near perpendicular. It was a textbook setup and finish.

As for Rampage, seriously he is terrible. First, he doesn't even care enough to warm up his fighter. Second, he just ditches his fighter after the loss. And Third, his guy lost to Jiu-Jitsu so his new strategy is to "forget this passing the guard Jiu-Jitsu ****." Anyone that wins on Team Rampage will be due to pure talent and not their coaching.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Possibly, though I would suggest that Rampage's assisstant's are overall better choices. Close though.
    Shamrock bringing a nutritionist was dumb but at least he was a competent nutritionist. Rampage's ground coach is a guy that got outgrappled by James Irvin.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shamrock brought in a boxing coach and his old bodybuilder training partner from the 90's, right? And all the guys on his team wanted a jiu-jitsu coach.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 9:42am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want Rampage to leave and never ever come back. His interview segments are moronic, he looks like an imbecile when he's coaching, and his post-fight behavior was so selfish I could not believe it. He even said "I'm dissapointed in my boy" or something similar. Within earshot of the fighter who just lost! What the ****?! You don't do that. Not one single person on the whole fucking team came over though.

Evans' coaches did come over and console / prop up Damico. That's the biggest sign to me of the class and caliber of the coaching on both sides.

I used to think Rampage was a goofball. Now I think he's a selfish stupid prick.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 9:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They spent a fair amount of time telling us how well Kimbo did, how his boxing was controlling Nelson" and how "if he hadn't fired that knee, it might have been a different story" during this episode.

Not sure if they were trying to convince the viewers or themselves, or both.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast