Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 8:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shinya Aoki: "I'm Better And Capable Of Beating UFC Fighters"

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/04/shiny...-lightweights/

“I am not concerned about my opponent. It does not matter who I face — as long as I let my style shine and fully express myself in the ring, everything will be fine. Yes, I want a belt. Actually, let me rephrase that: I just want to win and do not want to lose. For every fight, it simply boils down to my wanting to win, or rather, my dogged determination to win. The belt will follow my victory, so I am focused solely on winning and do not allow myself to be distracted by belt or all the other frivolous stuff…. I am interested in fighting in a cage since a lot of the major promotions hold their fights in the cage nowadays. I am aware that some people raise the question about my viability in the cage — it upsets me whenever I hear them say that I will not succeed fighting in the cage under a different set of rules. I think I will not be beaten by anyone. It is often said that UFC is the pre-eminent force in the MMA world with the best fighters and BJ Penn is number one: (Raising his voice) It does not anger me, but it makes me want to challenge the assertion. I acknowledge their major league status, financial power, the caliber of their fighters, but I do not consider them the number one. I think I am the better fighter and capable of beating their fighters… so yeah, regardless of the opponent, I cannot afford to lose.”

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 9:07am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC rules would hurt him. There would be no magic pants and wrestlers could grind him up against the cage. Elbows would also be hard for him to deal with. On the contrary though no knees to the head on the ground would benefit him (look at Sakurai fight).

If he could adjust to the rules he would be a force in the UFC. He may very well have the best submission game in all of MMA.

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hansen(twice)
    Shaolin
    JZ
    Alvarez
    Uno
    Kikuchi(twice)
    Kuniyoshi Hironaka

with this record you can't doubt Aoki

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 12:24pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he's a god among men, but he's really too small for the top UFC lightweights.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 1:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to see Aoki in the UFC but I think that he would have problems (as people had said) with the elbows and the cage. That said i think he would beat pretty much everyone except BJ who would out box him on the feet. Still its a fight I would love to see.

('._.)

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 1:20pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I think he's a god among men, but he's really too small for the top UFC lightweights.
    Complete and utter bullshit, Aoki is a big lightweight that cuts a lot of weight.

He sure as hell is bigger than a lot of the bulked up featherweights like Griffin and Edgar in the UFC.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 1:32pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're welcome to your opinion, but aoki comes in underweight when he fights up a weight class. That suggests he isn't cutting much at all.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 2:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, make this **** happen, Dana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 2:15pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm not convinced he can be a challenge for bj penn, but he presents a lot of problems for virtually everyone else.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    10/07/2009 2:16pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJ Penn has never had to deal with someone with leglocks like Aoki. Aoki has mentioned that he believes American fighters don't know leglocks well, so he'd probably go for them.

I can see Aoki winning by leglock. Maybe not anything else.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast