Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 5:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His organization is international.

His support has made it possible for myself and others to have our published materials in places like Japan, England, Ireland, and Austrailia but, that is just me. You do not have to like bruce but he is legit and connected to a whole world of tallented people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinbujitsu View Post
    I have personally known and associated with Bruce Juchnik for just under sixteen years. While he is the preverbial business man he is verry ligit. There have been instructors at the gathering that have not stood up to the test, as well as instructors i will never forget. The main goal was not to be the "uniter of martial arts" but to unite martial artists and get them to lose the ego behind "my system is better".

In the years of attending the gathering i have made countless connections with some top notch martial artists. I do not always agree with Bruce and admit i have been dissapointed once or twice. However he has been tenfold the supporter and senior advisor i respect him for.

You may not like all or the instructors at the gathering but you will leave the event having grown and making new friends with a lot to offer.

Remember it is about your personal journey, growth and humility. Go to the gathering, if only to find the connections you need to grow and to have more to share. Bruce is just the guy who opened the door.

It is up tu us to unite the MA, Bruce just had the idea. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 9:19am

Style: Koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His organization is international.

His support has made it possible for myself and others to have our published materials in places like Japan, England, Ireland, and Austrailia but, that is just me. You do not have to like bruce but he is legit and connected to a whole world of tallented people.
    Was something published in Japan? I haven't seen or read anything (but I may be missing it). Point me to where, if you would.

I noticed since my post the quote I posted from the Martial Arts Collective website was taken down.

Posted On:
    6/21/2009 5:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No nothing was published IN Japan. Something I published was shared with people visiting from Japan and taken back to Japan. As simple as that seems, at the time (1998) it was significant in my journey. Bruce was instrumental in this and has been supportive for a lot of years. Make no mistake Bruceis the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mekugi View Post
    Was something published in Japan? I haven't seen or read anything (but I may be missing it). Point me to where, if you would.

I noticed since my post the quote I posted from the Martial Arts Collective website was taken down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No nothing was published IN Japan. Something I published was shared with people visiting from Japan and taken back to Japan.
    Oh...I see. They aren't part of the Martial Arts Collective, they were visiting and you gave them a gift....is that correct?
    I'm not sure of the situation you are talking about because there is no context for me to understand it, but please allow me to ask:

Why was it such a big deal?

Furthermore:

Do you know much about common Japanese "saho"(作法)? If so, could it be possible that you were experiencing that and not something else?

Just curious!

:toothy5:

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 11:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to saho, it is completely possible. It isn't so much a big deal, my comments were more to show the extent that Bruce was willing to go in order to support people.

I respect the person who asks WHY? I also respect the person willing to share knowlege. How can I get in direct contact with you?

Quote Originally Posted by mekugi View Post
    Oh...I see. They aren't part of the Martial Arts Collective, they were visiting and you gave them a gift....is that correct?
    I'm not sure of the situation you are talking about because there is no context for me to understand it, but please allow me to ask:

Why was it such a big deal?

Furthermore:

Do you know much about common Japanese "saho"(作法)? If so, could it be possible that you were experiencing that and not something else?

Just curious!

:toothy5:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 12:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to saho, it is completely possible. It isn't so much a big deal, my comments were more to show the extent that Bruce was willing to go in order to support people.

I respect the person who asks WHY? I also respect the person willing to share knowlege. How can I get in direct contact with you?
    Hi again!
    I see what you mean now, thanks!
    :)

I'll send you a pm!
    <edit>
    Oops, your PM's are off.
    Use this email:
    Russ @ sosuishitsuryu . com
    Delete the spaces!
    Last edited by mekugi; 6/22/2009 12:28pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12