Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 9:27am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The original setup was pretty dumb, Obesely, but if you're going to have mats and refs in a real gym if you plead a hangover and duck out of just rolling with the guy I'm going to have to say that would be a bit wimpy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 10:47am

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy just wants to let out some energy, he literally has himself convinced that I'll beat him... he's not out to best me at anything. So, in light of that (and the fact that Sunday is probably not going to happen, nor will anytihng like this ever), I don't care anymore. The gym Sang linked me to has some sparring on Sundays as well, so... to be honest, I really just want to go to that. At least there I'll LEARN something and get my ass handed to me relatively safely ie. in the same capacity that I'd receive a beating at boxing or judo separately. Even if they don't have equipment like gloves, then at least I'll get some decent no-gi going.

@Sang, I'll PM Mr. Miyagi and ask if it's alright to attend/if I can snag a lift (pretty sure we all live near each other anyway/I'm still on my L's... FML).

EDIT: Nah, MrGalt, this would just be two friends meeting for that typical backyard brawling/rolling, not actually a challenge. There's like... grass and a swimming pool.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    Very true...Ive had it handed to me several times in the gym by slight unassuming guys who have no real menace or 'toughness' about them...
    Gad yes, I was lucky in my first dojo (it had the r3al sparring) and I was blown away how normal looking little guys who happened to be wearing black belts would, if provoked, beat the **** out of aggressive large noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obesely View Post
    The guy just wants to let out some energy... there's like... grass and a swimming pool.
    Oh good, smoking grass by the swimming pool sounds way more fun than fighting. Maybe you can pick up some girls?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 1:27pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't got into anything like that since about grade 7. How'd you manage it?
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Ronin View Post
    Similar thing happened to me. A cousin of mine brought a friend along when we met up to watch some live music at one of the dives on Southend-on-sea. She mentions her boyfriend is into boxing, and me, being the naive muppet I am mention how it would be kewl if we could spar sometime. She mentions that she dosn't think it will be a good idea, as hes quite agressive. "thats fine" I tell her, rather blazae, we can wear gloves and just do some gentle sparring. He can show me some boxing, I can show him alittle Judo and clinche work, it'll be fun. Now, I thought this is perfectly reasonable and polite. However, apprently she wasn't quite that good at delivering messages, as the next day I get a text saying "ZOMG mai boyfriend is super pissed you wanna fight him, he freaking out noaw, u shud call him [insert number]"

Rather confused, I call the guys mobile number, ready to exsplain myself and my intentions ^_^.

Oh **** was he angry. He was one angry, ketamine/coke addicted wigga.
    "Hi, [name]. Its me Mike..Your.."
    "Yo, yo, ait, Its him! So yeah, I hear youz wanna fight me!"
    "No no, I don't wanna fight. I was just talking to your girlfriend and she mentioned you box, mentioned it might be cool some time to meet up and do some sparring together."
    "Mate I'll fucking fight you, Ill fucking break your stupid fat face..yeah she told me about you, youz short, fat and fuckin dumb, Ill fucking put an axe in your face! Where you live man, where you work!?"
    "**** you, im not tell you anything about me. I think you're miss understanding my intentions, buddy."
    "Tomorrow mate, me and my crew, come down here and we can rumble mate, bare knuckle."
    "I'll think I'll pass. I have work torrow, and that dosn't sound like fun."
    "Mate, you going to be a *****, or you going to fight me. Ill **** you up, Ill elbow you fucking face of with my Silate bull-****"
    "Oh, kewl, you do Silate?"
    "Yeah mate, fucking mess you up with it, you fat ****."
    "Ummmm, im not fat"
    "**** you bitch..."
    and so on and so forth. Needless to say I decide to decline the gentlemans invitation to a possible day of murder/gang rape. Indeed he decided I was a chicken ****. Perhaps I was, but Im still breathing.

TL:DR
    If people have so little self respect they can't compare ability in a sensible way, forget them and move on. The worlds full of real tallent that can kick you're as, and do it in a poilte and education manner.

Hahahahaha!!!!

That sums up some of the chav scum from Southend On Sea alright! I lived there up till 5 years ago when I decided enough was enough and moved out into the sticks. To be honest most are more talk than action but there are a few loonies who will stick an axe in your head.

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:58pm

Style: Kickboxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure someone is watching

Anyways, if it happens...tell us how it goes!

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 6:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it might be stupid? No sir, it's definitely stupid. A great way to get injured and interfere with your training.

That said. You need a second. Maybe a third or more. bring some friends simply to keep you from getting rat packed. Good friends. Ones that won't just watch you get beat down, or run when things get hairy. One's that will jump into the fray if things go too far.

Also, the guy has strength and experience. Those two things can carry a fight, especially if your THINKING about your technique. Forget trying to do something you learned in class. The hesitation of trying to strategize will be all the time he needs to rock your world.

Simply go as hard and aggressive as you can. Use your skills to deliver the pain with precision, and FOLLOW THROUGH. Do not, and I repeat do not let up until he is unable to continue fighting, either broken in spirit or body. Preferably spirit, but you health is on the line, so do what you have to.

The only way you can beat the brute is to bring his own game, combined with your training. But you must bring the violence, or your going to get the tar kicked out of you.

Is this dangerous, even illegal? Yeah. Most likely. Is it overkill? Generally yes.

But what do you think will happen to you if he gets the upper hand. You've just agreed to a street fight. What did you think is going to happen? You'd get a hot oil and shiatsu?

No man, it's going to be brutal. You must be more brutal. You have the skills to prevail, but do you have to balls out attitude to match his? You could "win" if you do. But the truth is, nobody wins this stuff. It's simply a matter of who is less damaged after the fact. Stupid. Pointless. And as far from the pinnacle of martial achievement as it gets. (read your Sun Tzu, good read, big medicine)

If you do this, you've got to commit. $@% him up completely or not at all. I know you're 19, and this stuff seems really important to you, but it's not. I did some stupid **** when I was your age, but it was in self defense. You sir, picked this battle, for worse, or even worse than that.

Try to win it one piece due.

Stay safe bro, I mean that.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 10/06/2009 6:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 7:15pm

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Its me, I spar when im comfortable, where im comfortable and in the company of people I feel comfortable with. Ive nothing to proove to anyone but myself, and niether do you. You are beholden to none but yourself.
    Thiers always a bigger, badder fish. Sometimes the bigger fish it a ketamine addicted **** like in my case.
    If you're not comfortable, offer appologise and move on. Im 21, some say young and hot headed, and I know when the risks really arn't worth the hubris.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 7:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamn don't be a cock weasel.

Buy Headgear (x2) and 6oz MMA gloves (x2)

then throwdown. Advise light contact.

Also, check your fucking PMs. Now.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123