Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Suck it up and throw down. The anxiety you feel is mutual. Your minimal experience will probably be more than enough to overwhelm him. You are making him out to be much bigger and tougher in your mind than he actually is.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, loose some teeth or break your neck, it will be worth it for your pride (and all the rep you will earn).
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 12:14am

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I did suggest we just roll... and he agreed. I think that's gotta be considerably safe than the original option. And then I can always just be hung over and avoid it altogether. Phew. This was easier than I expected.

EDIT: Yeah, I generally tend to be a blabbermouth. In my defense, I never talked myself up, I genuinely wanted to go in and have a learning experience and get better.
    Last edited by Obesely; 10/06/2009 12:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 12:32am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Obesely View Post
    EDIT: Yeah, I generally tend to be a blabbermouth. In my defense, I never talked myself up, I genuinely wanted to go in and have a learning experience and get better.

You wont gain learning experiences by punching on with a powerlifter.... You will get better by training and your confidence will build over time, its always best to enjoy your training at the begining and not try to prove your worth.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Tai Chi, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you have this guy built up in your mind as some sort of blood thirsty monster that is going to rip your head off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 1:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's good that you changed it from a bare-knuckle fight to rolling, but it would be more badass if you just throw on some gloves and a mouth piece and do some mma on mats.

If he only wants bare-knuckle, you can easily convince him by saying something like:

"BUT THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT IN UFC AND THEY PWN"

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 7:43am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you out of your mind. Sparring with no gear is stupid. Just tell him no protection no match...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least you are not going ahead with the stupidity. I would haven't wished you ill, but if you had gotten hurt you would have deserved it.

That said, the best thing you can do is crash into him, close distance, get him down and try to pin for 15 minutes.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 9:11am

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Similar thing happened to me. A cousin of mine brought a friend along when we met up to watch some live music at one of the dives on Southend-on-sea. She mentions her boyfriend is into boxing, and me, being the naive muppet I am mention how it would be kewl if we could spar sometime. She mentions that she dosn't think it will be a good idea, as hes quite agressive. "thats fine" I tell her, rather blazae, we can wear gloves and just do some gentle sparring. He can show me some boxing, I can show him alittle Judo and clinche work, it'll be fun. Now, I thought this is perfectly reasonable and polite. However, apprently she wasn't quite that good at delivering messages, as the next day I get a text saying "ZOMG mai boyfriend is super pissed you wanna fight him, he freaking out noaw, u shud call him [insert number]"

Rather confused, I call the guys mobile number, ready to exsplain myself and my intentions ^_^.

Oh **** was he angry. He was one angry, ketamine/coke addicted wigga.
    "Hi, [name]. Its me Mike..Your.."
    "Yo, yo, ait, Its him! So yeah, I hear youz wanna fight me!"
    "No no, I don't wanna fight. I was just talking to your girlfriend and she mentioned you box, mentioned it might be cool some time to meet up and do some sparring together."
    "Mate I'll fucking fight you, Ill fucking break your stupid fat face..yeah she told me about you, youz short, fat and fuckin dumb, Ill fucking put an axe in your face! Where you live man, where you work!?"
    "**** you, im not tell you anything about me. I think you're miss understanding my intentions, buddy."
    "Tomorrow mate, me and my crew, come down here and we can rumble mate, bare knuckle."
    "I'll think I'll pass. I have work torrow, and that dosn't sound like fun."
    "Mate, you going to be a *****, or you going to fight me. Ill **** you up, Ill elbow you fucking face of with my Silate bull-****"
    "Oh, kewl, you do Silate?"
    "Yeah mate, fucking mess you up with it, you fat ****."
    "Ummmm, im not fat"
    "**** you bitch..."
    and so on and so forth. Needless to say I decide to decline the gentlemans invitation to a possible day of murder/gang rape. Indeed he decided I was a chicken ****. Perhaps I was, but Im still breathing.

TL:DR
    If people have so little self respect they can't compare ability in a sensible way, forget them and move on. The worlds full of real tallent that can kick you're as, and do it in a poilte and education manner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 9:20am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Ronin View Post
    The worlds full of real tallent that can kick you're as, and do it in a poilte and education manner.

Very true...Ive had it handed to me several times in the gym by slight unassuming guys who have no real menace or 'toughness' about them...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast