Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 8:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi! Dillman's Pressure Point Secrets Make Hapkido Awesomer!

Hapkido does work.. and no you dont have to grab my wrist. a deflection that strikes a pressure point in your arm can easily can send you off balance and lead to grab or trap that will lead you into a joint lock. then its all over.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, only if you have shitty balance and commit way too much into a strike, and somehow you have uber accurate, super fast, super deadly pressure point "deflections" And even then, its not really all over. Once we hit the ground we can start the deadly groundwork, and then its a whole another game all over again.

In other words, you are incorrect. In reality, none of the elements listed above is going to work like you planned.

In fact, thats not what HKD teaches you to do at all. Unless you chose to only remember the pressure points and a few defensive techniques (out of MANY) that might hint at you to "deflect, striking a pressure point to send opponent off balance."

How long have you been training in HKD?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if your not going to commit to the punch it probably wont land anyway.

its not hard to deflect down the arm and activate points.

if your on the ground and im not.. well good luck to ya.

ive been traing for about a year in hkd but i previously trained in dillman method of pressure points with vital point fighting.

and once locked your broken if technique is applied right and your in the lock.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so dwkfym if you dont thin hapkido works why do you train in it?

you do know that pressure points are involved in all 12 basic techniques right.

I know it works because we have Randori every week where we have honest attack and if you dont do technique you get hit- hit hard. we dont play.

we also do grab defense that works off the same 12 basic technques with the pressure points. all tecnique no muscle power. re direct energy and lock the joint and or break it.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:26am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, I never said HKD doesn't work. I merely said what you said doesn't work.

I stopped training in HKD several years ago. But I that is the MA I started out with. I stuck through with it, and by no means am I a master of the art, I do have two black belts from different legitimate schools in Korea. (damn, I don't want to say this so often, makes my arrogant head look even bigger) Some more about me:

1. I also have training in different arts, and by that I mean my current focus is not HKD.
    2. I embrace the hapkido principles that was ingrained in me from an early age (I was born and raised in Korea which is where I trained HKD) in a way that it survives throughout my evolution of style. Your way does not. <=== This is one of the main points I'm trying to get across.

Hapkido is a good art, but you still haven't learned it yet.

Its okay if you don't understand me, and its okay if you never understand what I say. But don't try and discredit me by saying untrue facts like "if your not going to commit to the punch it probably wont land anyway." -- and regarding that statement, a good punch does not over-commit nor does it under-commit. Its the most basic concept in martial arts, across the board. You really think you can hit a pressure point when trying to defend against a one-two? Maybe if you time it, but thats the timing that makes you a good fighter, and not the pressure points.

Only 1/4 of my first basic hoshinsul techniques had anything to do with pressure points, unless you include joint manipulation as pressure points. (wow, its been a while)

I just wanted to let you know the things you are saying about HKD that make it sound like it brings it above the level of other martial arts are very basic and nothing unique. Sure, there are indeed things that make HKD unique but what you are saying is not.
    You just told me once you are in the lock, you are broken. You don't think thats true about ANY joint lock, from ANY martial art? Redirection of energy, relaxing, all that. Did you think that was unique to HKD? Don't try to talk about what a martial art is so definatively and with finality if you don't know yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 8:29am

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zeropwr,

Where do you train?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 9:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go.

Play.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 9:42am

Style: Nin Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropwr View Post
    Hapkido does work.. and no you dont have to grab my wrist. a deflection that strikes a pressure point in your arm can easily can send you off balance and lead to grab or trap that will lead you into a joint lock. then its all over.
    Good luck with that....

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zeropwr,

why deflect when you can easily can X-block?
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zeropwr, there is some talk about setting up a Florida area throwdown some time soon. I see your new, just FYI these are friendly meetups and not a death match of any kind.

I think you should definitely attend the next Florida throwdown, and bring your Dillamn pressure point goodness with you. And bring video cameras too. I would love to see you take down all of the members with your technique and show them once and for all that all this mma sport fighting hype is for the birds.

Result A, you are right, and everyone who has ever spoken bad about Dillman will post a public apology and convert immediately to Hapkido. Result B, you are wrong, and you get your ass handed to you time and again by amateur martial artists with live training under their belts. You have to admit you are a closet homosexual and fantasize about being double teamed by George Dillman and Bong Soo Han.

Sound like a plan?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast