Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 10:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Subliminal BJJ, Anyone Try This for kicks?

I was browsing various subliminal sites to help me with my new age hippie crap relaxation/meditation sessions, when I caught sight of this:

http://www.realsubliminal.com/produc...u-training-aid

JIU JITSU TRAINING AID SUBLIMINAL

Dramatically improve your jujitsu training and develop at an accelerated rate with our powerful subliminal mp3 album!
    • Do you want to improve your Jujitsu skills and technique?
    • Are you already at a good standard but want to push yourself to reach the top!?
    • Are you struggling to see the results from many hours of training?
    • Do you feel slower than your opponents, or sometimes just don't see the attack coming?
    If you can relate to any of the above statements, and you are serious about your jujitsu training then we can help you!
    Our subliminal mp3album will work in 3 ways: to give you the strength of mind to stay confident, and make sure you are "in the zone" at all times, and also to focus you on your jujitsu training with intensity so you will improve your skills at a faster rate.
    • Train your mind to be more dominant, assertive, and confident.
    • Improve your concentration and focus - stay sharp in sparring or a fight!
    • Become faster and agile due to heightened senses and concentration, and a focused mind!
    • Subliminally align your unconscious mind with the goal of improving your jujitsu skill, and remove any limiting barriers to your success.
    • Reprogram your mind to increase your confidence in your skills and yourself: fight "in the moment" - without worry or FEAR!
    • Reprogram your mind to increase your motivation to train, and drive to succeed!
    • Strengthen your mind - Develop a "never quit" mentality!
    With this album not only will you improve your strength, reflexes, and speed to be physically better than your opponent, you will also gain the mind power, concentration, and focus to be in peak condition mentally, so you will KNOW you are better, and will also approach your training with complete dedication.
    Being skeptical, I tend to avoid things like this, but I do recall an earlier thread about subliminal wrestling or some such, so I thought I would post this for the general Bullshido populace in hopes that a hypnotherapist/mentalist/psychologist among us can help either confirm or debunk the effectiveness of such material.

My question is this:
    Has anyone tried something similar? Anyone familiar with the product? Is someone in the field of hypnotherapy familiar with this?

Does it indeed give someone any kind of benifit towards training, or is this simply reliance on the placebo effect?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone's willing to put up the money for it, I'll give it a shot. I used to listen to my bio lectures in college to see if they'd help me on the final, but my roommate caught me actually studying a couple times and he said it negated the experiment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:24pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i shamefully admit to using hypnotherapy for concentration, brainwave stuff, it got me an A- grade in university level calculus.

however, it works for me for 2 reasons:
    1) keeps me away from the computer, thus i am studying books and doing assignments.
    2) blocks out other noises with something relaxing, so i can concentrate on my book instead of acting like an overtly caffeinated crackhead squirrel suffering from ADHD.

How this is going to help in BJJ, i dunno lol.

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:43pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if anyone wants to paypal me half... i'll pay for the other half out of pocket.

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double post
    Last edited by maofas; 10/04/2009 11:50pm at .

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Total ****. Subliminal messages can only prime your brain to give simple reactions (i.e. flashing a picture of a werewolf vs. a picture of kittens too quickly for your brain to process right before showing you a picture of someone's face will predispose you to think the person looks mean/nice when asked) and the effect is short-lasting.

If these guys have discovered evidence to the contrary, they should stop messing around with BJJ instructionals and get themselves a Nobel Prize.
    Last edited by maofas; 10/04/2009 11:53pm at .

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 11:58pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It could however change your perceptual environment in a similar way to how affirmations can work on certain anxiety and mood based conditions. Possibly.

It won't make you learn while you sleep, but there's a slight chance that it could boost your motivation/attention. Then again, just eat more fish.

I'm going off topic here, kinda, but if you're feeling like you're in a rut, here's my learning tricks:

The only thing I found useful in my psych degree was three or four facts, which gets me through everything I have to learn. Ever.

1) Break everything down into manageable chunks, Be like a squirrel girl eg.

step one, pin arm to chest,
    step two, put foot on same side hip,
    step three butt scoot, etc

as you get better you can make chunks for those chunks

2)Acronyms - Use them.

3) and this is where it's relevant - Depth of Processing.
    You learn better when you understand why and how instead of just what to do. So if you want to get good, eat your omega threes and just pay a lot of fucking attention. Try to figure out the physics of what you do, and especially why the black belt's uchi mata is better. The deeper you process (i.e. the better you understand) the more you retain (because, arguably, it helps you to link concepts together like a network, the stronger the links between concepts, the better you recall)

4) Sleep helps you remember. Sleep for eight hours before a test.

Three is the most relevant to the point I'm making, one's useful for MA too.
    Last edited by 100xobm; 10/05/2009 12:10am at .

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But with the rising levels of mercury in our seafood, wouldn't the harms outweigh the benefits of eating more fish?

Awesome stuff, much more helpful than listening to waves in my sleep.

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 1:49am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh, mercury's thousands of lightyears away...

fucking dumbasses on this site.
    :biblethum

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 2:36am

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we supposed to listen to this crap while we are asleep or while we grapple?
    I can't imagine that it would help our bjj game if we ruin our sleep. the other guy would think that we are gay if we turn on some meditation music while grappling..
    Proceed at own risk xD

I found some music that was supposed to help me relax and make me focus on my homework awhile back. I downloaded it free ;) and it was the most annoying **** ever. Seriously -_- 5 minutes and I had to turn it of. I almost think that the guys that made it had a malice blast making the worst possible sounds so that some retard would use his time to listen to and believe it would make him smarter xD

I beg you guys. Atleast ..Please. pretty please. Do not send them any money. My balls will shrink on behalf of whoever sends them money. Pretty Please.

Edit: I just remember that I used to run around and "analyze" peoples handwriting. I knew that I couldn't figure out anything about a person by looking at how he/she/it writes. However 99% of people will believe what you say as long as you seem trustworthy and don't take it over the top.

why did people believe that obviously retarded crap I spawned at them just by looking at their handwriting? because people want to believe you and people are insecure. Everybody is insecure one way or another. It is normal.
    Last edited by Rancid Pantaloons; 10/05/2009 2:45am at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast