Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Punisher
    Throw back elbows to his head,
    That always works. It worked for macias when he fought severn...Oh wait, nevermind.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen a couple of ways...

Like kuntao said, press your forehead back to straighten your neck if they're pressing it down. Then you can step out a bit and extend one leg straight (like a bow stance) in front of attacker's legs. Bend forward and away sharply. Attacker will fall, but you may go to ground with him.

Another method is to pull your arms in at side and bend your legs. Suddenly spring backward into your opponent with your butt. This is just the setup. Now step one leg behind uke's leg to horse stance, violently drive your elbows downward to break his arm hold, now elbow his chest to push him over your leg.

Obligatory disclaimer: I make no claim that these work on a fully resisting opponent.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:33pm

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have a room-mate? Please try all the methods listed in this thread and post a video.

Then we can decide what is best.

</tongue in cheek>
    Now or never.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:42pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know that I can. Basically I think any point of contact , through training the body as a unit, accepts force slightly loosely, and redirects it out slightly hard with body structure onto the opponent. The result should be that your body is sort of like a rubber ball although the body has joints and stuff and clearly isn't a ball, the body structure is always round and never collapsed or straining, in all moves whether shuai jiao throwing, joint seizing, kicks,strikes with elbow palm , fists, or fingers, or defensive moves like double handed nuetralize.Basically the rebound can actually hurt them a bit. This I think I was taught is obviosly the most important technique. I think the speed of returning energy is how hard taijiquan is trained.

From that trained state, I think if the opponent is also good you will need to redirect him onto nothing or give him nothing, be able to follow his movements and anticipate, press combined body forces into him, and move him around using stepping and push him back using short power when timed properly as sort of described.

Then spiralling and twisting, expanding and contracting, opening and closing small and large circular techniques are trained.

I never said I've gotten out of every hold or that I could. If I don't train ( like today) I will lose skill. It won't even be possible to do the techniques bcause I'll be in strength and strain mindset.
    Last edited by serious harm; 2/03/2004 9:10pm at .
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that might help you pull off some of these others is that little kick .. you've seen Ric Flair or Bruce Lee do it .. where you just pull your heel straight up from the ground into their nut sack .. you can kick a guy who is behind you right in the nuts with it if he has his legs spread out. This won't work on anyone who has a good stance but it can work if they are just trying to hold a static position.
    Last edited by 9chambers; 2/03/2004 9:08pm at .

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how this dumb **** gives all this advice and then mentions he has never been in the fucking position.
    What a fucking douche bag.
    First, don't let the person lock the hold in...realistically, if someone knows how to put on a full nelson well, you are fucked.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 10:20pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about that. I saw it on a video. Oh yeah, **** you. I'm out

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 10:47pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone really has it in for you and is strong enough they can suplex you from a full nelson so make sure you hook your ankle around his if you feel yourself getting lifted.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 1:02am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm under the impression that once you're full on in it, you're fucked if they're doing it correctly. The only way you're gonna hit a seionage is if they're a jackass and let you keep your balance. If they're pulling you backwards and you're not really/hardly able to stand up, you're probably fucked.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Posted On:
    2/04/2004 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's like asking how to escape from an armbar: DON'T LET THEM GET THE ARMBAR!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast