Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 5:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Breaking out of Holds

I like to know what are some good techniques to break out of a "Full Nelson". Please refrain from the old stumped them on the foot technique. I'm hopping to hear other methods.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, assuming standing. if you're stronger just push your arms together like you're doing butterflies. that will break the hold.

if you are not stronger try dropping to your knees, straigtening your arms, and pulling them through. you have to do this quick or you might be screwed even worse than being in the full nelson.

or, if you're really pissed and you're wearing shoes with a hard sole, grind the heel into their shin and push it down their leg. while this may not actually break the hold it may distract them so you can get out, but it will definitely piss them off. :)

shadow weight

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's amusing how you mention a foot stomp and that you are "hopping" to hear other methods.

Sometimes from a full nelson you may be able to twist out of it or bring up your heel to nail them in the junk. Just go wild on them.
    Now or never.

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reaching back and grabbing fingers holding you in the nelson and bending them odd directions works pretty well depending on how strong the person is grabbing you. You can often get one hand peeled off this way and then twist out of the hold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 6:01pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm being serious.Chen Taijiquan I think is the best style for your question. They could put their structure on the person's arm doin a full nelson and by smoothly turning the waist and torso as well as all joints, literally crack that persons arm while stepping around applying a qinna joint lock and then throw him down. Think I'm full of bullshido? I say that to a real chen taiji stylist a full nelson is nothing regardless of size, and the person doing it will get a cracked arm( because flexible hips and waist turning, as well as putting whole body structure on one of the arms) and even be thrown off in a verical circle with one leg flying up in the air as the upper body goes down.

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 6:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was taught the sit method.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:03pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    clasp your hands together, and then place the back of one against the forehead, this will allow you maintain your neckline, i.e. he wont be able to push your head forward, because you are creating a support triangle with your arms.

drop seoinage.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, if you can, squeeze your arms together before he has the hold. Be careful because he now basically has a rear waist lock and can still throw or suplex you. Throw back elbows to his head, had butt backwards, or spin out and kimura him Sakuraba style.

If he has the hold locked and is pushing you down and forward, comply but on your terms. Do a side roll forward, throwing him on the ground with you landing on top, squeezing your arms to your sides so he can't break the fall. One on the ground deal with it from there. Get up or fight for positional control, but do it quick because he still has your back and could choke you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:20pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think sink down on top of them which is hard to explain( cannot be done without specific training, but it IS NOT dropping your weight down). You return their force to them by putting your structure on top( putting your torso pwer on top of their arms) emptying from side to side and moving the body like a wave.Again trying to use your weight will not work. If your body returns the opponents force back to them you will never be strained . I can only say you instantly send their arm srtength back to them I think the torso will overpower the arms and find a weakness.All joints and parts moving seperately at the same time, being loose but also retern the opponents strength to him. I don't mean that you just put your structure down and that's it he goes down, no. Small loose movements done over and over and you never leave center equilibrium.

Dropping down on your knees sounds to me will get you instantly picked upwards in the opposite direction you intended unless you slip out, but maybe not if you got down, but then you might get crushed downwards . To tell the truth I have not been put in a full nelson but have seen someone break out of it, and the guy said if he didn't let go his arm or wrist would break.Grabbing the fingers didn't work. I've learned escapes to harsh holds though and it involved structure and circles but not a specific technique always. But it doesn't really matter full nelson or not , the same movements will apply but I don't think it would be easy at all. Ahhh, I'm already in trouble here. I saw it so I beleive it. I haven't done it so...( I think I could, but not if I don't train and lose the ability, which will be lost without hard training, you can't just know the technique as there is no technique.) I'm no expert, sorry about that. I would say you have to break out before you can do anything else though . Basically your body gets a hold of his arms like getting the big half of a wishbone , but this is not leaning weight down on him, it's putting structure of all joints moving totally relaxed on him( literally on top, but the point of contact can be small and anywhere). I'd think it won't work in the air so you gotta be relaxed and on the ground( if you got picked up your body cannot return the opponents force to him instantly), but I think this is not a problem either. I think from a shoulder to shoulder clich twisting and turning the waist to internally take the opponents minute force and return it to him where he is weak on the other side and crushing him down to the ground can reverse upwars lifting. Crush down on him, or from the twisting throw make a vertical circle, small or big, which turns him around or enen into a sommersault) If my explanation and understanding is lacking I apologize, I don't wanna nutride someone or create a bullshido flame war to give an example
    Last edited by serious harm; 2/03/2004 7:36pm at .

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    re: serious harm

Please explain to the forum again how your Chen Taijiquan skills can defeat all holds through superior bone alignment and redirection of force? This should be very enlightening.

Basically, you're talking too much theory and not enough practical. Can you say what you mean without wrapping it in the psuedo speak?
    Last edited by katana; 2/03/2004 8:08pm at .
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast