Will translate when I have more time later today

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 12:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Tai Chi, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That guy is a fraud because this other white Frenchman is the last master of Tibetan martial arts. His name is Yogi Pa.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    I can say that I've never heard of it and at first glance it looks like your typical CMA with the Larp factor turned up to 11. But seeing as the website is in a language that I do not speak my analysis is very limited. I would really like to read his explanation of the meaning of the system's name.

真 = true, real, genuine
    黄 = yellow, it is most commonly translated this way when by itself but it appears an explanation for why it is translated differently is on their website but I can't read it.

道 = road, path, way

So literally translated the system is called "True Yellow Path" or " True Yellow Way" which to me just seems absurd.

Yes it looks like utter bullshit but without an English website to read I can't be of much help.

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is a Tibetan/Chinese art, what is "Do" Doing in the name sake? "Do" is a Japanese term for way, path, ect... Also Why are they calling it The way(Japanese "way" apparently) of the yellow dragon when the word dragon is not even in the title?

Seeing all this bullshit Martial Cults is really making me sick to my stomach.

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 12:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "True Yellow Path"
    I think someone smoked up and watched Wizard of Oz synched up with Pink Floyd one too many times and thus a martial art was born.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 12:58pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    I think someone smoked up and watched Wizard of Oz synched up with Pink Floyd one too many times and thus a martial art was born.
    and had a moment of sartori while peeing off the back porch

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 2:30pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    I can say that I've never heard of it and at first glance it looks like your typical CMA with the Larp factor turned up to 11. But seeing as the website is in a language that I do not speak my analysis is very limited. I would really like to read his explanation of the meaning of the system's name.

真 = true, real, genuine
    黄 = yellow, it is most commonly translated this way when by itself but it appears an explanation for why it is translated differently is on their website but I can't read it.

道 = road, path, way

So literally translated the system is called "True Yellow Path" or " True Yellow Way" which to me just seems absurd.

Yes it looks like utter bullshit but without an English website to read I can't be of much help.
    I am a native French speaker. I'm reading through the site and noting things that seem of interest.

The given email for the group ledragonjaune@zenhuangdo.com translates as "the yellow dragon". That might help you make sense of the name?

Reading further the guy claims that the art is a mix of "shaolin, wudang, tienxue, and the art of the great lamas of Tibet". They claim lineage from a dude called Zhen Li Chen that founded stuff called "Shaolinsi Xiehui" and "L.O.T.U.S".

The white guy (I'm a little lost as to which white guy, they all have Chinese names, but I'm assuming the one with the beard) claims as his ranks :

-1st dan shotokan
    -2nd dan freestyle karate
    -3rd dan kempo (ABK)
    -5th dan shaolin chuan fa kempo
    -4th dan hakko ryu jujutsu
    -6th dan aikijujutsu

Written as presented. lol 1 2 3 5 4 6

In addition, he claims chief instructor in kempo and a member of the grade panel of the World Ch'an Kempo Ryu in 1981 and technical director of Euro Kempo Ryu for the EJFFAM in 1983.

There is also something about him teaching full-contact at the Paschy Sporting Club in Belgium in the 70s.

Says he was a full-contact fighter than won using pressure points taught to him by Zhen Li Chen. He says he founded his art after he gravely wounded an opponent in a full-contact fight and realised the absurdity of all of it (lol too deadly).

After that we fall on the guy's self-created Bouddhist philosophy, the Boutaolam. Not all that interesting as far as we all are concerned.

I should mention that I had to wade through a lot of LARPing just to get that info. Literally 90% of the website is pseudo-oriental nonsense about peace and stuff.
    Last edited by kikoolol; 10/04/2009 2:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 3:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    In addition, he claims chief instructor in kempo and a member of the grade panel of the World Ch'an Kempo Ryu in 1981 and technical director of Euro Kempo Ryu for the EJFFAM in 1983.

I just googled both of those and unsurprisingly only his website came up.

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 3:29pm

Style: sucker punch, boxing, fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoolol View Post
    I am a native French speaker. I'm reading through the site and noting things that seem of interest.

The given email for the group ledragonjaune@zenhuangdo.com translates as "the yellow dragon". That might help you make sense of the name?

Reading further the guy claims that the art is a mix of "shaolin, wudang, tienxue, and the art of the great lamas of Tibet". They claim lineage from a dude called Zhen Li Chen that founded stuff called "Shaolinsi Xiehui" and "L.O.T.U.S".

The white guy (I'm a little lost as to which white guy, they all have Chinese names, but I'm assuming the one with the beard) claims as his ranks :

-1st dan shotokan
    -2nd dan freestyle karate
    -3rd dan kempo (ABK)
    -5th dan shaolin chuan fa kempo
    -4th dan hakko ryu jujutsu
    -6th dan aikijujutsu

Written as presented. lol 1 2 3 5 4 6

There is also something about him teaching full-contact at the Paschy Sporting Club in Belgium in the 70s.

Says he was a full-contact fighter than won using pressure points taught to him by Zhen Li Chen. He says he founded his art after he gravely wounded an opponent in a full-contact fight and realised the absurdity of all of it (lol too deadly).

After that we fall on the guy's self-created Bouddhist philosophy, the Boutaolam. Not all that interesting as far as we all are concerned.

I should mention that I had to wade through a lot of LARPing just to get that info. Literally 90% of the website is pseudo-oriental nonsense about peace and stuff.
    holy **** if he is making this all up, now that would be pathological

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 3:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are they all from france?

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 3:47pm

Style: sucker punch, boxing, fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SharinganUser View Post
    Why are they all from france?
    Maybe we should email the French Wushu federation to ask for some cliffs on this guy
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast