Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I just finished reading "Horse Soldiers" this makes me an expert on all things SF. These guys call themselves "The Quiet Professionals" I'm pretty sure swing dicks around on the internet is not their typical MO.
    Yeah, real snake-eaters don't tell tall tales around the campfire.

They just stir the coals with their cocks.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Can't say for sure about your guy, but having lived next to a real SF guy, (Viet Nam vet), as well as knowing a lot of other Viet Nam or Korean war vets who fought as normal GI's, I can say something here stinks IMO.

The guys who have really taken life, who have really seen friends die, civilians caught in the crossfire, and other horrors of war, generally don't like to talk about it.

The ones I've met MIGHT open up and start telling you some **** you NEVER wanted to hear after a few drinks, but for the most part they are possessed of a certain quiet humility, and will get irritated if you press them for "war stories" cold bore, so to speak.

Most of the guys I've met who actually saw combat have some degree of PTSD as well. Ranging from haunted by the past, but generally functional in polite society, to bat ****, still in a war zone, thousand yard stare crazy. (The latter being a homeless guy I knew with some serious problems...)

I would also say that NONE of them, not a single one, has ever "bragged" about what they did. And that was if they felt like talking at all.

The big talkers, the loudmouths, the braggarts. Their casual, even celebratory attitude immediately brings their sincerity into question. It stands in stark contrast to the attitudes of the people I know who really did the things, as it were.

Are there any Military or LEO guys, or even VA mental health folks here that can corroborate this? You all would no more of these guys than I do.
    As a former Navy Corpsman I'll throw in with you, you're right on point. It's kinda like in Jarhead, where the D.I. asks if whatshisname's dad ever talked about 'Nam. "Just once." "Well, then he wasn't lyin'!!!"

Hate to quote a movie, even one as good as Jarhead, but that's the truth. My dad NEVER talked about his time in Vietnam EXCEPT for one time we were at his buddy Lowell's house in Oregon and a few of the guys were having a little reunion. We all got piss-drunk (I was 15) & they just sat around reminiscing and made me fetch beers so they could pretend I wasn't there. There were some quiet moments, a few shed tears in beers, lots of laughs, and the night ended with Lowell (my god-father) taking me out at about 3am to teach me how to drive stick in his Corvette.... only a drunk and slightly crazy guy decides that o'dark thirty is the right time to teach his godson to drive.

I've met many guys who had PTSD, had to deal with one of them while I was at Pendleton, guy I'll call Doc Ginn, he'd spent most of his 20yr career in Force Recon and had resorted to alcohol to deal with it. Eventually he had to go to in-house level three rehab and spent the last year or so back with my infantry battalion (1/5) decompressing & sharing some lessons learned before he got out. Cool guy, awfully nice if you worked hard & he respected you... but batshit crazy nonetheless, we all could attest to that. He never told any stories, but he sure could scare the **** out of you. This one time we had a guy pass out, heat stroke, he just went face first right into the dirt, & we stripped him down & were trying to cool him off & get IVs into him (we were in the middle of nowhere in S. Korea) and just as Doc Ginn was shoving a thermometer you know where the kid's Lt walked up and said,"So, is he gonna be okay Doc?"
    Doc Ginn turned around WAY too slow and looked up at the Lt with those scary eyes and we all thought he was gonna literally rip the guy's head off. But he didn't say anything, he just turned around & said "I have no fucking idea, SIR", and proceeded to take the kid's core temp the ol' fashioned way.
    One more thing: the guys that actually have been there & done that, but still tell stories and stuff usually were a little weird in the head BEFORE they saw real action & they're telling stories mostly to freak people out, they get off on the reactions. Grossman says that only about 3% of the population is in any way equipped to kill their fellow man & not be bothered by it at all, but most of these are already in prison. It's rare that they make it into the military to cause problems.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 10/03/2009 3:37am at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Doc. Always good to meet a pecker-checker.

Once on USS Lastship I was in Medical getting a shot or some ****. I was sitting on the bench, and this HM3...(Little Dominican guy) answers a knock on the door. It's some ET spark-head getting his medical stuff updated for Division in the Spotlight. The Dominican HM pulls this guy inside, stamps his stuff off, and then proceeds to harass the kid for five damn minutes about not washing his hands after taking a ****.

Now picture a 5'4" chunky dude with a thick Dom accent saying "I know. I was down in da berthing man, and I seen you going in the shitter and then getting out and leaving and you didn't wash your fucking hands. That's fucking nasty, man. Wha's wrong with you?"

This led to the the most amusing argument I've ever seen as this ET and doc argued back and forth about whether or not he rinsed his dickbeaters off after dropping anchor.

Corpsmen are fucking crazy, and that's coming from a "spook." :lol:

ETA: Uh oh. Just got a response from "LONGTABBER PE." Wait 'til you guys see this ****.
    Last edited by ronin497; 10/03/2009 3:46am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the latest:

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    But yet you can access the JREF forums from your location?

What firm do you work for?
    Quote Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE
    I own the firm and wont release that information but I am a sub under DoD and the 5 major prime contractors here in both theaters. Its their servers who filter blog sites, youtube, myspace etc for bandwith conservation so I dont have any say in the matter since their company policy is the rule. JREF happens to be a dot-org site so it gets thru.
    Earlier he sent me this. My reply is below that.

What it always boils down to is there are petty people who are wanna be's who never were and cant stand the fact that when a real one comes to town they find themselves wanting so they attack it.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I am immensely proud of my service, even though I didn't roll around in the blood and guts. I'm not jealous of the Special Forces community. I am respectful of their sacrifice, and am infuriated whenever I believe someone is claiming association with them that hasn't earned the right.
    I wasnt speaking about you specifically but in general and i agree with your sentiments. I dont like it either but I dont spend a second of my time worrying about it.
    I don't buy the argument that you don't care what anyone thinks. If that were true, you wouldn't have SF insignia as your avatar, and you wouldn't be throwing around grandiose claims of kicking the door down.
    Again, you are wrong. FYI, I deliberately do NOT normally post my electric butterknife for the reasons to avoid the BS I am enduring with you. But see for yourself and look in general skepticism for your answer.

There is a thread called Bigfoot in Quantico ( I like paranormal stuff and monsters ) and near the beginning after i wrote a hymn, one of my buds told me I needed to put an avatar up. So I did.

I dont throw claims around- I state information.

I dont care simply because if you havent been there and done it- you dont have what it takes to interest or impress me and I'm not interested in the opinions of the masses- if they have been there, they dont need to ask. Thats how I roll.
    Can anyone translate that last bit for me? I'm having trouble hearing through the static.

ETA: Was looking through some of his older posts and found this little gem.

I was a E-nothing and grunt. I am now E-8 and PhD

Imagine going to "school" being a Green Beret and going everywhere.

Hell yes it was hard- not impossible tho
    Last edited by ronin497; 10/03/2009 4:13am at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 5:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    Hey Doc. Always good to meet a pecker-checker.

Once on USS Lastship I was in Medical getting a shot or some ****. I was sitting on the bench, and this HM3...(Little Dominican guy) answers a knock on the door. It's some ET spark-head getting his medical stuff updated for Division in the Spotlight. The Dominican HM pulls this guy inside, stamps his stuff off, and then proceeds to harass the kid for five damn minutes about not washing his hands after taking a ****.

Now picture a 5'4" chunky dude with a thick Dom accent saying "I know. I was down in da berthing man, and I seen you going in the shitter and then getting out and leaving and you didn't wash your fucking hands. That's fucking nasty, man. Wha's wrong with you?"

This led to the the most amusing argument I've ever seen as this ET and doc argued back and forth about whether or not he rinsed his dickbeaters off after dropping anchor.

Corpsmen are fucking crazy, and that's coming from a "spook." :lol:

ETA: Uh oh. Just got a response from "LONGTABBER PE." Wait 'til you guys see this ****.
    This one time I was in the shitter and the Chief (HMC) came & was pissing and THE Doc (M.D. Ortho specialty / O-3) came in & watched the Chief put his **** away and go to walk out w/o washing. "Hey Chief! You're not gonna wash your hands!?!"
    "Well, I don't know about you Sir, but my dick is clean!"
    I snorted so loud from the stall I scared the Lt and the Chief was peeking through the crack in the door & yelled " Who is that? JUDY! IS THAT YOU?" I don't know how he knew it was me but he did.
    Man, that **** was funny.
    This one time I was coming out of the head with another Corpsman and he was still buttoning his pants, the Lt walks in and looks at us and I just impulsively make a big show of wiping off my mouth and chin. Awww man, the Doc screams "Oh, HELL NO!!!!" so loud guys are like,"What the hell happened?"
    Ah, Navy stories. What fun we had!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 5:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Ah, Navy stories. What fun we had!
    You know, even if you didn't have the military tag, I'd know you were the real deal just by those two stories. You can't make up **** like that.

Fucking syringe jockeys. I have yet to meet one that wasn't a magnificent bastard of a human being - especially the FMF types. If the bars in your local area accepted PayPal, I'd buy you a beer.

Anyway, the latest on our friend LONGTABBER PE:

I asked him what his PhD was in and through what university. No matter what kind of super-secret DELTA/RECON/SEAL/SWCC/SAR/SPARTAN assassin you are, there's nothing sensitive about telling someone what your doctorate is in. Hell, that's part of getting the degree at that level - certification that you're a subject matter expert. Here's what I got back:

Engineering and what part of I do NOT give personal details over the internet didnt penetrate your thick skull?
    In this thread, you all have had a sampling of what this person's writing is like. Look like somebody educated at the doctorate level to you? Me either.

Anyhow, this was my response to him. I'll admit I'm at the end of my rope and getting pretty pissed.

By that of course, you mean "anything that can possibly verify what I'm saying is true." Your obfuscations have been noted, chronicled, and reported.

This is a shaky house of cards you're sitting on top of.

If you are embellishing your service record, you still have a chance to save some kind of dignity and come out with it like a man. Admit it and save some semblance of honor.

However, if you think you can just dig your heels in and hope nobody's going to start digging, you're dead damn wrong.

It's likely that you won't be hearing from me any more on this subject, as I lack both the experience and credentials to verify the specifics of your claims.

Rest assured you're on the radar.
    ETA: Annnnd his response:

Oh gee

Listen, ***** for brains and pay close attention because i'm only going to say this once.

I dont give a flying f@ck what you think or whether I'm on your "radar" or not. You are in no place to judge someone like me and I'm sorry you are some E nothing Semen who wishes was he but its not my fault or responsibility you are a loser.

You are nothing ( dont forget that) and I dont give out personal information on the net and even if I did- I wouldnt give it to a f@cking moron who doesnt have a clue.

My house is very solid- prehaps instead of trying to play james blonde, you might ought to apply yourself and become a man and then maybe one day you too can understand.

Dig to your F@cking hearts content. What makes you think I give a f@ck?

Gawd, what a moron.

DOL
    With that, I think my role in this drama is over. I'm pretty sure if I pressed him for information again, I'd get the same response. No idea where to proceed from here, but I'm more convinced than ever this person never drew a single breath as a SF soldier.
    Last edited by ronin497; 10/03/2009 6:12am at .

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 6:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting thread but what would motivate LONGTABBER PE to construct such an elaborate charade?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 7:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Run Away View Post
    Interesting thread but what would motivate LONGTABBER PE to construct such an elaborate charade?
    No one knows. It could be money, love, friendship etc etc.

In the last few month we have had three Martial Artist, that are or were military, exaggerate their claims for no real reason except ego gratification.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 10:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post

Is Bullshido a DoD restricted site? Is it possible to access this site from a government computer in Afghanistan?
    I know I am a bit late adding to this but I am able to access Bullshido from my NIPR computer and lerk to my hearts content. Although I can't login and post :new_cussi.

As for Afghanistan I am not to sure about that, as far as I know its a bandwidth thing as you stated.

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No one knows. It could be money, love, friendship etc etc.

In the last few month we have had three Martial Artist, that are or were military, exaggerate their claims for no real reason except ego gratification.

I see. Thanks. Maybe one thing leads to another and it escalates.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast