Page 2 of 19 First 12345612 ... Last
    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Style
    Combat Cuddling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roy played it safe, but I think a kimura attempt wouldn't have been too much to ask. Kimbo may not be the most well rounded fighter but he's a well rounded person (and so is Marcus). They both seemed like people I could get along with.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a difference between the Canadian and US broadcasts? Because it seems that up here there are a heck of a lot of commercials on the show, and sometimes there will just be a 30-45 second clip before going back to commercial.

Also the re-broadcast of all the episodes here tonight didn't show the destruction of the door at all (episode 2?).

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lycurgus33 View Post
    Is there a difference between the Canadian and US broadcasts? Because it seems that up here there are a heck of a lot of commercials on the show, and sometimes there will just be a 30-45 second clip before going back to commercial.
    Sounds right to me. They've been doing these little vignette things in the middle of the commercials, which is kind of annoying actually.

Also the re-broadcast of all the episodes here tonight didn't show the destruction of the door at all (episode 2?).
    Wasn't in episode 2.

Style
    BJJ (Blue, yay me!)/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though Nelson decisively won the fight, the viewers still lost. That's the 3rd boring fight this season. After 10 seasons, TUF is starting to get tired.

Its weird, this season's is the most compelling cast by far. Rashad, Rampage, and Kimbo should make for awesome T.V., but I find myself oddly bored.

I'm pretty sure they poisoned Marcus to set up a Kimbo comeback, too.

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimbo disappointed me on the ground. I mean it didnt look like he was even trying to squirm around and get up. I think he will fight again...marcus was going to pass out at the house? Is he the guy that had problems with his knee and is all emotional?

If Kimbo does come back he better show more than he did tonight...hell he better win because if he doesnt the spotlight will fade away.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was a good fight. Solid striking skills displayed by Kimbo, solid grappling skills displayed by Nelson.

Also, somebody needs to tell Kimbo that dead hips while ground fighting = bad

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Cesar View Post
    Also, somebody needs to tell Kimbo that dead hips while ground fighting = bad
    His legs where just splayed out in really very bizarre and useless angles.

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This a weird thought, but I just want to put it out there: I'd like to see Butterbean vs. Kimbo in a grappling match, but in the street like Kimbo's old videos. I'd reckon that Butterbean's "beached whale"-style ground attack would be too much for Kimbo to handle. Kimbo was having trouble with Zak Jensen's mount, and Jensen lost to Brad Imes by gogoplata.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All this fight did was outline Kimbo's inability to fight on the ground...He lost due to lack of skill not heart... Kimbo seems like a good guy though...if he keeps training he might become a good fighter yet.

Off topic
    Isnt Kimbo 230lb? Is that a good wieght to drop down to 205 from? Because i dont think he can hang with the big guys like Roy......

Style
    Wrestling, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given the size and skill difference between the two, I can't say that I was all that impressed with Nelson's performance.

He did execute his gameplan well enough, and won the fight, but I expected more from someone with the ground experience that Nelson has, especially considering that he was fighting someone with no ground game at all.

Page 2 of 19 First 12345612 ... Last