Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Verdict

Finally got a verdict from my doctor about the shoulder. Looks like I will be going into surgery in about a month and a half or so. I'm posting the diagnosis verbatum, if any of you, Rigante in particular, can tell me anything interesting or point me to some reading material, that would be great.

FINDINGS:

There is no significant right AC joint degenerative change. The right acromion is slightly anteriorly inferiorly downsloping with a minimal right subacromial bony spur. This predisposes to right subacromial impingement. Normal alignment and bone marrow signal about the right shoulder. Right glenohumeral joint space preserved with no underlying chondrial defects or significant joint effusion. There is a small ammount or right subacromial/subdeltiod abnormal bursal fluid accumulation. There is a mild to moderate right supraspinatus tendinosis change. The remainder of the right rotator cuff tendons and musculature is otherwise unremarkable. No findings to suggest partial thickness or full thickness tear of the right rotator cuff tendons.

There is a 1.5 cm in dreatest dimension paralabral ganglion cyst along the anterior superior right glenoid labrum near the right picipital anchor. The right bicipital anchor is intact as is the tendon. However, there are subtle findings raising the question of a tear of the anterior superior right glenoid labrum best seen on series 6 images 10-12. The right glenoid labrum is otherwise intact.
    You say what about my rice?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 7:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best of luck to you.

Looks like degenerative changes, along with the cyst.

What procedure do they want to do? You don't have any impingement. The spurs are indicative of old problems.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The orthopedic sugreon is recommending an orthoscopic surgery to remove the cyst, repair the soft-tissue damage that led to fluid leakage out of the joint, tighten the capsule to pervent future sublexations/dislocations, and shave down a bit of bone to remove the spur and the predisposition for impingement. He thinks that the bone spur was the likely cause of the soft tissue damage in the first place and that it is pressing on the rotator cuff bad enough that it warrants removal, especially since he has to go in anyways to deal with the cyst and tissue damage. I am waiting on a second opinion.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for taking your time to rad this, by the way, and I would appreciate any advice or insight on the matter.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 8:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I have never had problems with my right shoulder that I am aware of...

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 9:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spurring usually occurs because of trauma, commonly affecting the ligaments. I would expect the spur to be the result of something else.

That also sounds like quite a bit of surgery. I would want at least two opinions.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 9:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I know it's quite a bit of surgery. Aparently, there's no way to avoid getting the cyst out and reparing the joint leak, but the other things I'm not so sure about...