GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Calling it "fitness mma" or "cardio kickboxing" no matter what claims you make to people give them a false sense of security.

Go ask any chick who takes a "cardio kickboxing" class at a gym if she knows how to punch. She'll tell you yes. Yes she does. When clearly she doesn't.

**** you idiots for making me post. Don't you know I have something big coming and I want to make a fantastic return with a manificient reveal.

Fucking idiots.
    Wrong as ****. First off, let me say Omega is right, I see his point, you cannot teach this type of class with limited training as the OP ad says.

Next, for you Sirc, everyone in our fitness BoxFit program (like, we have a lot of them) knows how to punch, counter punch, slip, duck, parry, proper footwork, connecting footwork to punches, can kick properly, etc.

They learn to pivot the heel when throwing power shots, tuck their chin, they work head movement drills, footwork drills, practice their headmovement on a slightly resisting opponent throwing random combos, play distance/timing games, run suicides, flip tires, and in general are in better shape than half the peopl on these boards.

In the end though, they know they are not fighters. We tell them if they want to fight they can join MMA. They laugh and say "haha yeah right I don't wanna fight! Haha." Some do.

You just have to have the right kind of classes. Cardio kickboxing is gay and the instructors don't teach properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:58am

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^ what he said. A friend of mine from MT went to a cardio boxing class recently and he was very impressed with the way the guy running the class imparted good technique to the students. Obviously this doesn't prove that all cardio boxing/mma/kickboxing classes will be like this but it is another example of the concept done well.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 8:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's like saying your an ass for going to a batting cage unless you are a baseball player. Or shooting hoops is wrong unless you are learning basketball.
    I know, the rowing machines are dumb because you are not on a rowing team learning how to row as a team professionally.

Some people don't give a **** they just want a cool way to work out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 8:47am

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK
    People here (myself) have a problem with what ever Cardio Krav Maga/Kick boxing/MMA etc thats done sloppy

i have no problem offering any program thats intended for fitness but done with proper technique and the partakers aren't under any delusions but are getting a good foundations for later transitions if desired.

I Did the UBC back in 03 best thing i did...worst thing i did was quit cause i met my EX GF. I'll admit it was at a local TKD school and it was sloppy punches and kicks(i was about doing it right, and causing hard feelings among the other people when i tried to preach the importance of doing it right)

a better "MMA" workout would be all those fitness drills you see wrestlers and fighters do, rope climbs, pulls, tires, sledge hammers on big tires, running sprinting, shadow boxing, etc

i'm considering offering a fitness class after boot and ait (with full disclosure of credentials), something to do on base and offer it for free at the base gym.
    Plus i plan to teach MA there too. The way i figure it is that i can teach how i like it and not worry about the $ and focus on doing it right.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    What you see though is teachers who simply do conditioning and let noviates teach under the guise of conditioning and this is wrong ****. My friend went to a ju Jutsu school and saw this.. it happens all the time. Do you need to pay me to do fifty pushups? No!!!! You will have to pay someone a lot though to undo all teh bad habits that poor teaching of body mechanics causes.
    Ok, I see your point and agree with you. I guess it is my fault for not taking my time to carefully put to words what I wanted to say.

I'd say sometimes it's hard for me to write in english, but that is a kinda lame excuse, isn't it?

Anyway, the "conditioning" part of and MMA training comes greatly from MMA specific training, drills with focus mitts, heavy bag, rolling... whatever, I don't do MMA, I'm just extrapolating my training in stand-up arts.

Yeah, you'd do fifty pushups and a lot of ab work, running, plyometrics, etc. But the specific training (mentioned above) also gives you a helluva workout.

Take that out and you have basically a conditioning class, there's no need to call it "MMA fitness" anymore and even doing so would be a lie, plain and simple.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1 View Post
    Wrong as ****. First off, let me say Omega is right, I see his point, you cannot teach this type of class with limited training as the OP ad says.

Next, for you Sirc, everyone in our fitness BoxFit program (like, we have a lot of them) knows how to punch, counter punch, slip, duck, parry, proper footwork, connecting footwork to punches, can kick properly, etc.

They learn to pivot the heel when throwing power shots, tuck their chin, they work head movement drills, footwork drills, practice their headmovement on a slightly resisting opponent throwing random combos, play distance/timing games, run suicides, flip tires, and in general are in better shape than half the peopl on these boards.

In the end though, they know they are not fighters. We tell them if they want to fight they can join MMA. They laugh and say "haha yeah right I don't wanna fight! Haha." Some do.

You just have to have the right kind of classes. Cardio kickboxing is gay and the instructors don't teach properly.
    Listen,

I like you. And I know you're from Long Island and whatever, but that doesn't excuse the gaping xavier hollander sized hole in your argument.

First of all, if I took some broad off the street and she started doing "cardio kickboxing classes" from some jackass at a gym. She will think she is learning how to punch. Nevermind kicking, most people never learn how to do that properly.

Do you really think that 1 guy doing aerobics sessions from the front of the class with a mic can correctly teach these people how to do anything? Seriously? It's not a technique class. It's not a training class. It's a cardio class, the dudes don't give a **** if you're doing it right. They shouldn't that's not the point.

That's ridiculous. Yeah, take a bunch of people who already do train properly and want a cardio class or whatever, sure, they'll love it because they already know how to do it.

You have an awfully charming outlook on how stupid people aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by galois View Post
    ^^ what he said. A friend of mine from MT went to a cardio boxing class recently and he was very impressed with the way the guy running the class imparted good technique to the students. Obviously this doesn't prove that all cardio boxing/mma/kickboxing classes will be like this but it is another example of the concept done well.
    You are proving my point to an amazing extent about our discussion of the scientist tag.

No you can't see the conversation. But you are a test subject. (psst, I've just ruined out single blind test, but it's ok, you're too stupid to know what I'm talking about anyway.)

But you're retarded so it doesn't matter. You don't have enough experience to actually have a say about martial arts anyway. Why don't you sit back and stop trying to act like you have something to offer on the table?

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 10:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc, I am not agreeing with the ad in the op at all. I re-read it and the posts after it and agree it is idiocy and McDojo. Or whatever, its gay.

What I am saying is it can be done correctly. I have taken plenty of broads off the street, put them in the exercise class, and they now know how to punch. We teach them technique. They just never spar. They are told and understand they are not learning how to fight.

Honestly, I show them wheel kicks and side and spinning kicks. They get the idea of it, and a lot actually throw them well. Can they apply it? No. Can they add it to their bagwork to make their workout more fun and diverse? Yes.

I understnad people are stupid, I was a waiter and restaurant worker for years dealing with the public. I now have a school and deal with them.

I just happen to be able to get those people to punch and kick properly.

Most people in this board suck ass at martial arts in general, I do not expect them to be able to even understand teaching, thats a whole other level IMO, like trying to teach a retard how to perform brain surgery, get them to stop drooling first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:16pm

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Listen,
    You are proving my point to an amazing extent about our discussion of the scientist tag.

No you can't see the conversation. But you are a test subject. (psst, I've just ruined out single blind test, but it's ok, you're too stupid to know what I'm talking about anyway.)

But you're retarded so it doesn't matter. You don't have enough experience to actually have a say about martial arts anyway. Why don't you sit back and stop trying to act like you have something to offer on the table?
    Sirc, darling, why do you have to take everything so personally? The tag is what it is. It says 'scientist' and I am, with the current criteria on this board, elligible for it. If it's decided to do away with the tag so be it. If that'll make you feel more secure in yourself by all means press the case to have them abolished.

Anecdotes are anecdotes, no more, no less, the day I pretend otherwise feel free to call bullshit. If I have nothing to contribute put me on ignore. Easy. I would say though that you are in no position to argue the invalidity of anecdotes in the discussion process as you yourself deal exclusively in unsupported generalisation.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345