Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 9:51am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Anytime I mentioned anything about what Fujita said about ninjtusu in his books they can't answer it. Nor are can they perform, or even aware of, the many feats Fujita had performed and described in his book.
    I've never read any of Fujita Seiko's books but speaking as an ex-Booj Sho Kosugi nutrider I'm genuinely interested to hear what these feats could be. Are we talking about running up walls and tearing bark off trees bare handed ala Takamatsu or are we talking about fighting techniques without the parlor tricks? How do you rate these books, would you recommend them?

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 8:25am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    I've never read any of Fujita Seiko's books but speaking as an ex-Booj Sho Kosugi nutrider I'm genuinely interested to hear what these feats could be. Are we talking about running up walls and tearing bark off trees bare handed ala Takamatsu or are we talking about fighting techniques without the parlor tricks? How do you rate these books, would you recommend them?
    Fujita would pierce his body, shove his hands in boiling water, walk through fire, etc. Basically, he demonstrated mostly shugendo more than he did ninjutsu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 10:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look they may be the greatest martial artists in the world. No one has said anything about their effectiveness although, now people are going to want proof thanks to your post. The question is about legit lineage and you have provided nothing that pertains to that question.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    As Spam said, Fujita was show a lot of tricks often associated with ninjas but are found in the Shugendo. He would do things like get tied up and dislocate his joints to escape.
    His ninjutsu books aren't really that useful they tell the history of ninjutsu from his perspective and its debatable on how accurate it is. His shuriken book is good if you are into that. The kyusho book is mixed. Some of the kyusho presented have obvious effects but others are questionable. I would mainly recommend these books as a historical look at a famous figure in the MA world.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 12:15pm

Style: Kickboxing / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vikingmale made a claim that MMA, kiclboxing and Judo have had less influence on the Police force in Lethbridge than Sosa's Ninjitsu. Wow! Some claim. Since I know several police officers in Lethbridge I will be sure to ask them if they have ever trained with or if they know of anyone on the force who might have trained with the Sosa's.

I know they will have heard of them after all they have been in the news lately http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=103506&page=1

I do know many folks on the police force who have trained with my brother and I over the years in MMA and Kickboxing and I am pretty sure that despite this fact I would not go so far as to say that we have had a strong influence on police training. The police have their own self-defense program and it is what it is, and no "martial artist" is going to come in and influence it.

Trainers like my brother and I can help individuals gain a higher level of competency. We can even un-teach bad habits like chambering fists on the hips and yelling Hi YAHHH!

Ninja training might have some merit, I have no idea since the "ninja" trained folks I have seen in Lethbridge are complete jokes, but maybe I have only seen the "bad ones" maybe the good ones keep their stuff secret? The ones I have met, like the Sosa's themselves could not fight well standing up, and appeared to have no ground game at all. I am sure with a sword they would be killers, unless of course their opponent was similarly armed. Maybe I am mistaken but the Sosa's came off as phonier than a 3 dollar bill.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Look they may be the greatest martial artists in the world. No one has said anything about their effectiveness although, now people are going to want proof thanks to your post. The question is about legit lineage and you have provided nothing that pertains to that question.
    If no one said it then I will, I do not believe in the real world effectiveness of this art based on what I've seen so far. Experience has shown me that when the art has an extremely dubious they are not that good despite the tales from the students who weren't there in the first place. Sure there are some exceptions but I'm still betting on it being BS.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 1:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See that's what he gets for running his mouth. He put the effectiveness comment out there and now it will be called into question.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 4:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy sheet, who rez'd this thing??? LOL
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123