Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 3:06pm

Style: Kickboxing / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am pretty sure we had a guy in Lethbridge Alberta Canada by the same name teaching "ninjitsu", his sons moved on when their bullshido wasn't the money maker they hoped for.

The fellow I met must of been Jorge Sosa Sr. He claimed lineage from Japan but had a fellow from S. America come up for seminars. A real flakey bunch. I am not to much of a follower of the ninja crappolla but I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the turds in Canada to the turds in the States?

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 3:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meinmachine View Post
    I am pretty sure we had a guy in Lethbridge Alberta Canada by the same name teaching "ninjitsu", his sons moved on when their bullshido wasn't the money maker they hoped for.

The fellow I met must of been Jorge Sosa Sr. He claimed lineage from Japan but had a fellow from S. America come up for seminars. A real flakey bunch. I am not to much of a follower of the ninja crappolla but I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the turds in Canada to the turds in the States?
    In my experience most turds are connected in one way or another, whether by name or by nature...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the link for the Sosa who taught in Canada http://www.sosa-kai.com/asp_pages/tora.asp

Same name, seems like they are the same bunch of nutters. They never really gained much of a following in my home town. I think maybe because Judo and Kickboxing were so popular, or maybe it was because the Sosa version of English was so bad that you needed a translator to understand the English/Spanish/ Japanese hybrid being spoken.

I remember one parent telling me that the old guy hit their kid with a stick for not understanding what he was supposed to be doing. They quit moments later.

Not missed in Lethbridge, seems like they are someone else's problem now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed the web link at the beginning of the thread, sorry, these are for sure the same folks.

Posted On:
    10/17/2009 6:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju ryu karatedo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh lovely. This is not filling me with much confidence. Both of my sensei study iaido and ninpo under a Menkyo Sosa from Lethbridge. Good people both, and well respected in the area martial arts community. I would hate to think they are being decieved.

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 9:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Koga Ryu Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    These guys claim lineage through this shito ryu guy Kenei Mabuni, not directly from Fujita Seiko. Who knows? One ninjer saying that there are no other ninjaz around? Isn't that the Ninjer Code?
    Actually they claim lineage through both. They have years of study with Shito Ryu Karate, and also with Koga Ryu Ninjitsu, and also with Ryu Kyu Kobudo, and Iaido. All taught from different Masters in Japan and Okinawa. They teach in the US and Canada and they regularly return to Japan and Okinawa to further their skills. They, the father and sons are extremely impressive. There are police that have trained in their ninjitsu and have ranked 5th Dan in Canada and have used the skills regularly on active duty, as well as security guards, and also soldiers. All are very impressed. Their techniques have proven time and again to work, and work efficiently, against single, and multiple opponents, and opponents armed with knife or gun. We know, as we have seen this with the police that have been trained by these teachers. World Union Budo Sosa Kai is an amazing school.

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Koga Ryu Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually they are greatly missed in Lethbridge. The clown who is writing at the old sosa kai website in Lethbridge is only a black belt 1st Dan and has left the school because of the mistakes he has made, and is making false accusations. He happened to run the website and has access to it so is causing trouble. Sosa Sr. neither sold belts nor gave them away. Nor did he let back in to the school anyone who he kicked out. The man who is running his own school based on the Sosa Kai doesn't seem to have much honor.

I have been to a few different Sosa Kai schools and have never had any problems with them. No nutters here. Always great respect for children and anybody who comes in the door. Kickboxing has more apeall as its in "Mixed Martial Arts and on TV" but the arts taught from the Sosa's has proven time after time to be much more street effective by the police in our city than the MMA has.

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 9:47am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingmale View Post
    Actually they claim lineage through both. They have years of study with Shito Ryu Karate, and also with Koga Ryu Ninjitsu, and also with Ryu Kyu Kobudo, and Iaido. All taught from different Masters in Japan and Okinawa. They teach in the US and Canada and they regularly return to Japan and Okinawa to further their skills. They, the father and sons are extremely impressive. There are police that have trained in their ninjitsu and have ranked 5th Dan in Canada and have used the skills regularly on active duty, as well as security guards, and also soldiers. All are very impressed. Their techniques have proven time and again to work, and work efficiently, against single, and multiple opponents, and opponents armed with knife or gun. We know, as we have seen this with the police that have been trained by these teachers. World Union Budo Sosa Kai is an amazing school.
    If you haven't already, you should read this sticky thread...
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96931

I have no idea what it is Sosa may be teaching, so I am not commenting on the relative effectiveness as a martial art.

However, if Sosa is claiming ninjutsu lineage, he'd better be prepared to show documentation that will stand-up to scrutiny. It's his extraordinary claim, therefore the burden of proof is on him. Until such evidence surfaces, the historical record strongly indicates that Koga Ryu most likely died out with Fujita Seiko as he publicly stated he would leave no heir to the ninjutsu lineage and none of the likely candidates among his students claimed to posess the lineage.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingmale View Post
    Any tangible proof on this?

As far as Seiko Fujita passing on his ninjutsu, many people have tried to claim that without proof. The fact that Fujita indeed stated himself that he was going to let Wada-Ha die with him would prove that such people are lying but yet they try. I have several works by Fujita, including his shuriken, Kyusho book that was intended for the Japanese SF as well as Doron Doron Saigo no Ninja as well as the reprint under the name Koga Ryu Ninja Ichidaiki. Anytime I mentioned anything about what Fujita said about ninjtusu in his books they can't answer it. Nor are can they perform, or even aware of, the many feats Fujita had performed and described in his book.

So in Sosa's case I am not believing a thing unless there is proof not the words of a student who probably shares in the ignorance and delusions as well.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

The Land Of Processed Meat And Internet Trolls

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 7:51am

Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you Koka ninjers know that to claim that you study Koka ryu from Fujita Seiko would be an insult to Fujita himself. As a Buj guy, I admit that the lineage is shaky and controversial. I have my own opinions on what could be legitimate, but that's just it, they're opinions. I, however, don't represent Hatsumi overall, I don't speak on his behalf, and someday, I hope I can speak with him on this subject. Anyways, back to Koka ryu; as Gezere stated, many people tried to claim to know Koka ryu from Fujita, but have never proven it. Here's one way you can: Describe to everyone at Bullshido how you perform the technique "Seisoku".
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast