Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 10:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    When my kid was an exchange student near Chendu she said that the Kung Fu instructor taught TKD because that was the ma fad. No one wanted to pay money for CMA there, four years ago.

I think that the TKD guy, with his skill level, could learn MT or other kickboxing rule sets and do just fine. I've seen lots of bbs like him; he's got karate style sparring down. Period. He obviously has had some good instruction. One of the multi bbs here got his bb in West Texas Bar Clearing TKD, it exists occasionally in the States and I imagine it occurs occasionally in China, and way more often in Korea. It's no big deal for decent karate types to transit to kickboxing and who knows what experience the TDK bb has had.
    You know Fug your comment about the bar clearing is right on. What people do not realize is that learning how to kick somoene really well means that you can put your foot on their face in most situations. As a bouncer the only real martial art I ever saw used on a conflict with any results was Ju Jutsu (by me and others) and TKD. Simple somebody fucked with the wrong Korean guy and got kicked in the head, end of conflict.

Fighters can handle themselves and learn to adopt. I studied TKD and it helped my kicking. I have seen more than a few TKD guys who can handle the heat though.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    You know the only thing going on here is a realization for a lot of newbies that a few lessons in Muay Thai does not make better than an established style no matter how inferior you believe that style to be.
    That's why tournaments are so great. You think you're hot stuff until you get into a tournament and find out how much better than you people are out there. Then you go home and train.

"I bet you thought you'd just go in there and beat everybody, huh?" - Old Judo/Boxing coach, after my first tournament (hint: I did TERRIBLE).
    Last edited by Conde Koma; 10/04/2009 11:00pm at . Reason: added quote for context

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 4:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    both them kids sucked balls at standup fighting. there wasnt a single stop hit anywhere it was just blow trading by turns and numbers. fighting shouldnt be like a polite conversation all the time, you gotta interupt the dude each time he tries to say something. its e z. gotta start thinking leik portal, the cake is a mofukn lie dowg.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 5:06am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its e z. gotta start thinking leik portal, the cake is a mofukn lie dowg.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 11:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post
    Keeping your hands low is important in many situations. In a TKD match you can literally have your forearm broken if it eats a hard kick. Having the hands low prevents this. You defend your head with movement, not some old school karate block.
    So, in short, you're saying that TKD philosophy believes it's better to not use your arms to block strikes to the head because they may get broken... and in turn get your head broken?
    I guess arms are the most valuable limbs in korean culture?
    It makes perfect sense. Because, srlsly, who needs to be awake and with his head attached to the rest of his body when you can have healthy arms?
    whatehhellman?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 6:24am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why he has the Dumbass tag

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 6:28am

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    New sig for him?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 11:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Unfortunately there are a bunch of nut riding retards who have to hold this up as proof beyond all doubt that they're style has a degree of validity even though they themselves suck.
    It applies even to those who are just fans and delude themselves into thinking, because maybe they wrestled once or twice that because UFC pwns, dude, that BJJ/wrestling rules, dude, and since you don't do 'whatever I'm busy nutriding,' you suck. The one fool who told me that my karate sucked because grappling wins etc etc was told to go ahead and shoot on me and in short order was leg swept, kneed'd, taken down, mounted and slapped.

*Edit, gosh, I have to get into another "fight" so I can tell some new stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Hey, give him some credit for starting this thread and the video is very enjoyable.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 10/06/2009 11:52am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    10/06/2009 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judging SOLELY by his last fight with J. Dos Santos, how many years of experience would you guys say Crocop had?

I'm inclined to think he was a n00b, but god knows that event made me totally rethink what it means when people say "you need to have brass balls to fight".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516