Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave

I believe it was for all three. For confirmation I would again direct you to Mr Collins. I am sorry I cannot be more helpful the irony being I have just e-mailed for the exact same information myself!!

As soon as I know I will pass this on. Ideally I would like to post a copy of the certificate but I am a lowly 3rd dan of 17 years experience and there are grades above me I must respect who have the authority to do so. I hope you bear in mind that I am not the 8th dan master of this system. I will however do my utmost to furnish this forum with as much info as I can.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .. NP mate.

Here's looking at you, squid. Join us... or die
    Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ut its always interesting to see why people think that wearing pyjamas and dancing around pretending to be a crane is what defines a martial art.
    <prance> Coo. Coooooo. Cooo.

Oh, ****...you mean it isn't? I am SO screwed!

Seriously, excellent dialogue, Grey Owl. I'll continue to stay out of the politics/history of the art side of the conversation, but I should mention that you've done far more than most who come to this site defending a style or instructor. For that, I salute you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I haven't called anyone a Fucking Retard in like... ages ;p

Here's looking at you, squid. Join us... or die
    Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still admiring your restraint...

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave

Look man, I know it's not to do with this thread but, how do you deal with people dissing Aikido? I'm not having a go but as you can see I am often in the postion of the one on the defensive and wondered how you coped?

Grey Owl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl
    Khon Ha Kickboxing was devised by the current head of Mayo Shin Do, Derek Collins
    Sorry mate, meant to ask this before.. What does Khon ha mean ?

"Khon" isn't a Japanese word or phrase that i've encountered and in terms of martial arts, "ha" 派 is used to denote a particular method and is very often associated with a persons name especially if there's more than one version of a system.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abloke who used technique to over come strength. Who won the later UFCs? BIG fuckers in shorts!!
    thats because at the beginning, the disparity in skill was large enough that a smaller man with much better technique could win. now the level of skill is more even size plays a bigger part. this is how life is.

and you still havent answered my fucking question, are you going to or are you just going to sit yourself in the same pile of **** that people like AR549 are currently occupying.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave

Look man, I know it's not to do with this thread but, how do you deal with people dissing Aikido? I'm not having a go but as you can see I am often in the postion of the one on the defensive and wondered how you coped?

Grey Owl
    People are entitled to their opinions, I respect that.

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OnceLost & Dave

I am very grateful to you both. A) for not kicking the **** out of me in this forum B) responding to my rant in the first place C) being genuine open minded Marital Artists.

Many thanks

Grey Owl

Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last