Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex

I agree with pretty much everything you said about pyjamas and cranes. My concern is that the public at large still believe in order to be a successful martial artist (you are right a bad phrase but I have no other to hand) you must be built like Rickson Gracie or Frank Shamrock when there is more to it.

Please do not take my comments as claiming the pyjama brigade are better than kickboxers because these people (despite to appearances being one) piss me off more than any other.

Style
    Losing Weight
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i a surprised this thread hasn't gone a la Coda or a la ar549....... too much thinking and honest attempts to tell the truth and prove it.... in my opinion at least. its no fun:'(

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dave

Mr Mayo wrote the letter in response to similar statements and queries made by yourself. I have been informed that the evidence you require (that I have seen in person) will be made available on the Mayo Shin Do website as soon as. I only recieved this confirmation today so don't hold your breath but I will keep pressing for it.

My instructor has a reproduction ofthe certificate I saw the original at my first Judo session 12 years ago and have video footage of it. I am not computer literate and have no means of passing this on to you! I will see if I can have this put onto our website as considering your comments it would clarify alot.

I am personally not aware of sword techniques existing in Mayo Shin Do only knife. This is not to say that a syllabus exists as my expertise is the karate syllabus with some judo.

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry Dave

Natural movement and competition.

Natural movement

Intention to hit a target without using strength or force meeting force. Using focus and accuracy rather than bludgeoning a guy to death with techniques designed to wind or knockout rather than injure. Not trying to perform complex movements that would take a ballet dancer a year to learn. Something a weakling like me could do to stand a chance of escaping (not kicking the **** out of) from a big bruiser.

Natural movements are what I see performed by boxers/grapplers against an uncompliant opponent when they try force against force it just comes down to who is strongest. This isn't martial practice bu the result of the gym. A different (but useful) attribute.

Competition

I believe on the website Mr Mayo states that Mr Collins founded Khon Ha and Mr Mayo gave his consent but may have withheld his blessing. Again this is information I am not party to and would advise you to contact Mr Collins. For the above natural movement reasons Mr Mayo was concerned competition would encourage practitioners to use strength rather than skill. In a way the UFC and Olympic Judo has born this argument out as much larger and stronger competitors have defeated their eastern counterparts. eg Gleesnik.

Hope this helps OnceLost

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl

I believe on the website Mr Mayo states that Mr Collins founded Khon Ha and Mr Mayo gave his consent but may have withheld his blessing. Again this is information I am not party to and would advise you to contact Mr Collins. For the above natural movement reasons Mr Mayo was concerned competition would encourage practitioners to use strength rather than skill. In a way the UFC and Olympic Judo has born this argument out as much larger and stronger competitors have defeated their eastern counterparts. eg Gleesnik.

Hope this helps OnceLost
    this made me laugh. go and watch the first UFCs and tell me who won, the smallest guy or the biggest.

you still didnt answer my questions either.

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex

First UFCs who won

A bloke in his pyjamas

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dave

Mr Mayo wrote the letter in response to similar statements and queries made by yourself. I have been informed that the evidence you require (that I have seen in person) will be made available on the Mayo Shin Do website as soon as. I only recieved this confirmation today so don't hold your breath but I will keep pressing for it.
    .. Thank you, who confirmed this, someone locally or Mr. Collins in the UK? I ask because I haven't had a reply from him directly.
    My instructor has a reproduction ofthe certificate I saw the original at my first Judo session 12 years ago and have video footage of it. I am not computer literate and have no means of passing this on to you! I will see if I can have this put onto our website as considering your comments it would clarify alot.
    .. When you started training, were you suitably qualified to authenticate the certification being shown to you ?

Posting the certificate on the website would be a great help however that doesn't mean it is an authentic document, I'm not suggesting at this time that Mr. Mayo's Judan menjo isn't legit, I'm merely saying that just because one exists doesn't make it just.
    I am personally not aware of sword techniques existing in Mayo Shin Do only knife. This is not to say that a syllabus exists as my expertise is the karate syllabus with some judo.
    Understood, I'll await a response from the MSDKarate contact.

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abloke who used technique to over come strength. Who won the later UFCs? BIG fuckers in shorts!!

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dave

At the time I saw this certificate I was a 1st dan in karate and had some idea of what I was looking at. The Mr Abbe evidence I have seen first hand and can confirm I sincerely hope that this is made public sooner rather than later.

Showing the certificate would put it up for scrutiny by the MA community and would stop Mayo Shin Do being associated with charlatans and people who calim to be experts in internal systems that don't exsist.

Grey Owl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dave

At the time I saw this certificate I was a 1st dan in karate and had some idea of what I was looking at. The Mr Abbe evidence I have seen first hand and can confirm I sincerely hope that this is made public sooner rather than later.

Showing the certificate would put it up for scrutiny by the MA community and would stop Mayo Shin Do being associated with charlatans and people who calim to be experts in internal systems that don't exsist.

Grey Owl
    What was the tenth dan certificate for ? Karate/Judo et al or recognition for Kyu Shin Do ?

Page 4 of 12 First 12345678 ... Last