Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyu Shin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a former pupil of Abbe Sensei since his arrival in the U.K. I would state that until I read of him on the internet,I had never heard of Mr Mayo and I did politely ask Mr Collins to let me see copies of documentation he has about Mr Mayos association with Abbe Sensei.To date they have not been sent to or E-Mailed to me.I did personally witness visits by Kodokan Elite to this country and see a copy of a letter written to Abbe Sensei by one of these (only too pleased to let you see that if you contact me) I along with others from the early days are constantly surpried to find that since his demise so many "friends and collaberators" keep coming out of the woodwork!!!
    To thine ownself be true.
    Gerry San

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you seriously suggesting that it is difficult to kick someone in the groin or rip their throat out.
    Kick someone in the groin? Not that difficult, just low-percentage. Someone who genuinely wants to hurt you can often fight through it. Kicking him in the balls means betting on how much pain he can handle--and you'd better hope he's not drunk, or high, or just really pissed off. Take him down, control him and choke him (to play to my own biases) and he's going out. It doesn't make any difference what his pain tolerance is, how drunk or high he is, how mad he is--the only way the choke fails to work is if you fail to get it. He has to have oxygen. I look at this the same way as a "stopping power" debate with guns. Do you want to hurt him, take revenge, punish him? Or do you want to force him to stop what he's doing?

Rip a throat out? Yes, I would imagine that it's difficult. Skin and throats are both very elastic. I have never ripped out a human being's throat--have you? If you have not, what makes you so sure it's so easy?

I can tell you that pulling the esophagus out of the neck is part of field-dressing deer, and any deer hunter can tell you it's a slippery, elastic, and TOUGH part of the body. It's a task getting the thing out with your hands, and that's AFTER cutting the neck open with a knife.

I'm guessing you've never actually tried to rip out anyone's throat, and that's Alex's real problem with your point of view. The things he would do in a fight, he KNOWS he can do to someone at full speed, because he's done it before. They aren't as impressive as your chosen move, perhaps, so he doesn't get to feel like the Avenging War God of Nasty and Uncomfortable Death--but he knows his stuff works because it has already worked.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 2:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always find the topic of t3h d33dly moves a rather laughable topic because, if you're intending to essentially kill someone - "rip someone's throat out" regardless of the actual practicality of doing such, one might as well carry a knife and stab the perp in the throat, its quicker, cleaner and requires far less weeks, months, years of training to achieve a workable result.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 3:06pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off let me say that as a Judoka with a boxing background I have some idea of what the "if you can't do it in the ring it's irrelevant" brigade are saying and mostly I agree. I just feel that "the deadly" techniques are mocked too quickly. To just laugh them off is poor research.

Rip a throat out? Yes, I would imagine that it's difficult. Skin and throats are both very elastic. I have never ripped out a human being's throat--have you? If you have not, what makes you so sure it's so easy?

As easy as a choke but requiring less strength. Ripping the throat out was an exaggeration I was referring to a layrnx grab I favour it as I am smaller then most and a rear strangle or choke is difficult against someone larger (believe me I've tried it)

I would suggest you read Real Grappling by Geoff Thompson - look him up his experience makes him a useful source.

"From my long experience I have concluded that, in the majority of cases, a bitten adversary is a beaten adversary" (p.26)

You may also find interesting

"Of course you have to adapt to the obvious differences that will emerge in a real fight. the opponent will probably be trying to punch, kick, scratch, gouge and bite you."

Renzo and Royler Gracie "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Theory and Technique (p.26) Note ADAPT.

All I am saying is that to completely dismiss these techniques and tactics is fool hard.

I also see very little discussion of psychology and multiple opponents. This, and the above mentioned evidence, has left me a little disappointed with this site. If sport training is all that is discussed then Bullshido is itself Bullshido.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive always felt people who are willing to bite others in a fight a little odd. you dont know where theyve been.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 7:25pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's exactly those nutters that scare me just look at what Tyson did!

I guess I would bite if I had to. But it's the wackos who make a habit of it that bother me.

There is the real danger of catching something as well. The only time I saw a bouncer show fear in front of punters was after some kid fucked up on something took a chunk out of his arm! He kept shouting about "What if the kid had been using dirty needles?"

This is why I am reluctant to grapple in a fight outside the dojo. Aside from weapons and the possiblilty the bastard has back up (a guy was kicked to death on the floor yards from where I live) Potentially people can gouge your eyes or bite you and this is not as hard to do as it sounds.

Think about it and try it next time you roll see if you can place your mouth near your opponents neck (make sure they don't get the wrong idea of course). But think about it this is a potentially fatal attack but most people ignore it as ridiculous.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've taught biting as part of a self defense class - it is something of a last resort because of the possibility of illness, but better illness than death. The "bite them" thing was taught to women as a potential counter for having their mouth and nose covered by an attacker's hand, by the way. And, while we're on the topic, the bite does have a few things going for it:
    It has the possibility of being a traumatic injury, where the effect is greater than the physical damage it causes. "Ouch, she punched me in the eye" or "Holy ****, she bit a chunk out of my cheek"...
    It is a very identifiable injury. If not well cleaned almost immediately, most bites are going to require medical attention. There are nasty, nasty things in our mouths. This may make it a little easier for cops to find an attacker after the fact.

That said, it's just silly to think that a 'sports fighter' can't utilize biting, gouging, and trachea crushing if they're in a serious fight with a guy and his 14 friends in the parking lot (with all the blood, teeth, nails, needles, and broken glass) outside the bar...

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 12:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as an update..

I still haven't had a reply from Mr. Collins with respect to MSD and its supposed deep connections with Abbe Kenshiro plus, absolutely no reply from the point contact for the website MSDKarate@aol.com address relating to what form of "Japanese Sword" they teach.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've developed a simple rule matrix regarding biting:

If my opponent is a better fighrer than me, and he bites me, then I'm fucked. But I was probably fucked anyway, now I'm just fucked and chewed.

If my opponent is worse than me, and he bites me, then I'll knock his fucking teeth so far down his throat he'll have to do kegals to chew bubblegum, and chances are, unless he knows a very very good dentist, he's never biting anything again... ever.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd so +rep you if it was allowed on this forum...
    kagels and chewing gum, lmao
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast