Posted On:
    2/03/2004 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyu Shin Do - Australian modern Kinesiologic self-defence

http://users.chariot.net.au/~idv/ksdmain.htm

"The Kyu Shin Do International Association was founded in England by Chief George Mayo DO ND 10th Dan. Chief Mayo a Naturopath and Osteopath, was a very experienced, skilful Judo and Martial Arts teacher from France. He trained and received grading from Mr Kenshiro Abbe in London during the 1950s. They both shared in the knowledge and fundamentals of Kyu Shin Do."

Naturopath AND Osteopath, AND VERY experienced... WowWwowwowowo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2004 1:27pm

Style: Modern Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch. I ph33r the french judo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 8:01pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute! I know this is an old thread and no-one will read this but I am fed up of people dissing George Mayo, Kyu Shin Do and what is now Mayo Shin Do. I am not interested in a protracted arguement but I would like to point out that Mayo Shin Do is practiced and taught by security professionals (bouncers, bodyguards etc) and members of the armed forces. Its methods have also been tested in the sporting arena Khon Ha Kickboxing was devised by the current head of Mayo Shin Do, Derek Collins and has produced many champions in Europe. There is also Mayo Shin Do Judo and I have seen Mr Mayo's dan grades with Jigoro Kano's signature on them NOT Kenshiro Abbe's.

I await the backlash...

3rd Dan Mayo Shin Do Karate/Blue Belt Mayo Shin Do Judo

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 8:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We will let you hold the mayo. . . .

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 8:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very much appreciated Doctor X.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 11:31am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl
    Wait a minute! I know this is an old thread and no-one will read this but I am fed up of people dissing George Mayo, Kyu Shin Do and what is now Mayo Shin Do. I am not interested in a protracted arguement but I would like to point out that Mayo Shin Do is practiced and taught by security professionals (bouncers, bodyguards etc) and members of the armed forces. Its methods have also been tested in the sporting arena Khon Ha Kickboxing was devised by the current head of Mayo Shin Do, Derek Collins and has produced many champions in Europe. There is also Mayo Shin Do Judo and I have seen Mr Mayo's dan grades with Jigoro Kano's signature on them NOT Kenshiro Abbe's.

I await the backlash...

3rd Dan Mayo Shin Do Karate/Blue Belt Mayo Shin Do Judo
    I seem to recall Mr. Mayo writing a very public letter about the reason why the name changed fro Kyo Shin Do to Mayo Shin do. I'm absolutely positive I read a scanned copy of that letter on the internet.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I would have to consult my notes which are not at hand however, I'm under the impression that Mr. Mayo claimed to have co-developed "Kyu Shin Do" with Abbe Kenshiro, I wonder if that point could be clarified please. I've spent a considerable amount of time researching the origins of one particular art which Abbe Kenshiro introduced to the UK hence, I have had the privilege of discussing this budoka and his activities with many of his students most of those who were with him in the 1950's. No one has ever mentioned that he came to this country with an "undeveloped" [my phrase] Budo philosophy, indeed I am very much under the impression from speaking with such notables like Henry Ellis, Derek Eastman et al, that Kyu Shin Do was a very well established budo methodology including several arts which Abbe was very highly ranked.

I look forward to your clarification.

With thanks

Dave Humm
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 7:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to bump this thread but I'm still looking for an answer from Grey Owl

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dave

Sorry for the late reply. As far as I am aware the Kyu Shin Do philosophy already existed in Japan and was introduced to the UK by Kenshiro Abbe. Mr Mayo based his martial practice on this philosophy after meeting and becoming friends with Mr Abbe. He called this system Kyu Shin Do. Mr Mayo's letter confirming this can be found on the Mayo Shin Do website.

I have personally seen drafts of a manuscript (including photographs) that may interest you of a collaborative book that was never published by Mr Abbe and Mr Mayo. If you are interested you should contact Mr Derek Collins via the Mayo Shin Do website as he is in possession of all Mr Mayo's letters and writings following his death in 2004. Among these are many letters to and from Mr Abbe when he returned to Japan following his car accident. In these letters the origins of the Kyu Shin Do practice in the UK is widely discussed. I have not yet seen these letters but I have no reason to doubt Mr Collins' honesty that they exist.

My personal opinion is that Mr Mayo is largely overlooked because he was not Japanese (He was French) and many of his opinions were (and remain) controversial.

Again sorry for the late reply. Do you have any information regarding Mr Mayo from this period as I would be greatly interested.

Many thanks

Grey Owl

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 1:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi mate.. just a quick responce as an acknowledgement..

I'll reply later as I'm a tad busy with festive stuff, thanks for the reply.

Dave

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 1:16pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am curious as to the degree of integration of homeopathic and naturopathic practices into this fighting art and what effect they are said to have on fighting and the opponent.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast