Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 7:32pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post

I find the recoil of .45ACP fired from my 1911 Government model (RIA GI) to be much more controllable than 9mm Luger fired from a GLOCK 19. The 1911 is far from being broken in (only 30 rounds fired thus far), but it's been great.
    I found that too. My .45 1911 seemed much ore controllable than a 9mm glock. My wife said the same thing too.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:07pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    I found that too. My .45 1911 seemed much ore controllable than a 9mm glock. My wife said the same thing too.

I think the lower recoil is from the heavier round. I find that my Glock 21sf is more controllable than my Glock 17 and my Glock 34.

GS-I will try to get some pics up with a price soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 9:10pm

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    This is correct. I was sold on getting a 20 gauge shotgun (loaded with #3 or #4 buckshot) for home defense until one night when I awoke to a strange sound in the house. I was so ungodly stiff that I could hardly walk, given my spastic muscles and balance problems, and I immediately realized that a shotgun (or rifle) would generate the worst possible vector of recoil force relative to my balance difficulties.
    The 20 ga has fairly light recoil. Also, in a home scenario, you can take a knee. That being said, go with what you can handle.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/16/2009 11:01pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go read my budget gun reviews in the article section.

If you aren't going to carry, get a shotgun. Mossbergs are big, ugly, and heavy...but they never break and they are very affordable. Shotguns are the kings of indoor home defense.

If you are going to carry, anything weaker than .357 magnum is a compromise as far as I'm concerned. But I'm a big dude and have no problem stashing full-frame magnum revolvers. That being said, there is some really good stuff out there. Don't feel like your only choices are Sig, Glock, and Kimber.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 11:31am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just browsing around and found this little beauty, the beretta px4 storm type f subcompact, new for $550. anybody test-drive it?

store link:
    http://www.snipercountrypx.com/showp...productid=3596
    Attached Images  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2009 2:02pm

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that particular version, I played with the PX4 D, DAO. I personally do not like DAO, and the trigger pull was too heavy for my taste. I would prefer a second hand SIG to a PX4. Just my 0.2 cents, canadian currency.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2009 9:44am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vashanka View Post
    Not that particular version, I played with the PX4 D, DAO. I personally do not like DAO, and the trigger pull was too heavy for my taste. I would prefer a second hand SIG to a PX4. Just my 0.2 cents, canadian currency.
    my sig is dao. 6.5 lbs pull, iirc. i actually like it better than da/sa guns. i'm far from an expert shooter, and i prefer the safety of the heavier pull. whenever i shoot da/sa guns i feel like i'm firing just a hair before i'm ready. maybe i just need practice.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345