--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin497 View Post
    How dare you....

Take the fun out of....

*puts on sunglasses*

police procedural TV shows.

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
    Hey! If you're going to pull a Horatio, he has to do all that, and then say the final line twice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 4:10pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Hey! If you're going to pull a Horatio, he has to do all that, and then say the final line twice.
    And it's almost always less than 3 syllables before he puts the glasses on. Sometimes It's just
    "Well..."
    *glasses*"

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 9:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    There's no way they wouldn't have called an ambulance and rushed her to the hospital and maybe declared her dead there. I'm no expert, but that's what I was thinking.
    I would think you're correct. When someone collapses people call ambulances and unless paramedics are now able to officially pronounce people dead on the scene (can they in the US?) she would have been taken to hospital.

but, i'm no expert. Thats what would happen if someone near me dropped dead. I'd probably start first aid to, but maybe no-one at the wedding knew how to properly do CPR.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 10:16pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing...I HATE it when a weapon (other than a revolver) goes empty and *clicks* 3-4 times without the actor cycling the weapon.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hate the investigator picking up the gun by sticking a pencil down the barrel...
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 2:26pm

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Law and order, SVU aka "the sex police".

In New York City, on the basis of this show you do not need a warrant to conduct a search of a house or apartment. While there is an exigent circumstances exception to the 4th amendment, every single search for evidence or a person, apparently falls into this category.
    I hate that show. Only good if I have to kill the time and booze is not an option. A moralistic fap-o-rama that makes me root for the villains. This might sound like a self-contradiction, but let's have three cheers for amoralism and nihilism!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 4:07pm

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Well..COPS is nonfiction. One of our adjoining agencies was on COPS many years back. They ride around for a few weeks with some select officers. What you see is pretty much how it is...

My thoughts on those usually center around wondering if the officers on them are acting they way they would (and sometimes should) normally act because the cameras are rolling.
    They probably are. Chris Marker points out in the documentary Level 5 (i think) that cameras can kill.

Exhibit A: The early 20th century. A man is preparing to fly from the Eiffel tower wearing some kind of Batman-like suit. The camera catches his expression of doubt. But he doesn't back down and subsequently plunges to his death.

Exhibit B: The mid 20th century. The american assault on Okinawa. Civilians are committing suicide en masse. A young woman advances towards the edge of a cliff, pauses and turn around to look into the camera, then she continues on and jumps to her death.

Now, people have, are and will darwin themselves and commit suicide without the presence of a camera. (However, the mass suicides of Okinawa is the product of totalitarian propaganda. And the totalitarian media per excellence is the loudspeaker, but I digress.) But in these two specific cases the cameras gave these two persons no leeway at all. Without a camera, the man could've claimed that he slipped and twisted an ankle on his way up and the woman could've said that a couple of soldiers pounced on her while she was taking a dump or something. Ergo: The camera made it a zero-sum game. It was impossible for everyone to be a winner.

So it's quite rational for a suspect to make an ever greater scene during COPS than necessary. Play the cards right and you'll go from local to national to a global menace.

P.S. I could've been wrong about the documentary. But it doesn't really matter, since all Markers films are interesting.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567