Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 3:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, the cocking of weapons is a dramatic flair that I've come to accept. I never roll out without one in the chamber, but it is dramatic and cool looking.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 4:21pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #2 Bothers me, #10 a bit too.
    The others I just kinda accept or don't care about. Yes, I know a frag grenade is more like a tile-covered firecracker than a room full of gasoline vapor, but I get to see big 'splosions!

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's your opinion on documentaries or documentary-style television shows?

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 4:33pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    What's your opinion on documentaries or documentary-style television shows?
    Not really sure what type of show you are talking about. Do you have an example?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Cops is the most obvious example. I was watching this one show about an undercover cop in a skinheads gang too, but I don't remember the program it was under.

Essentially, shows that are meant to be interpreted as non-fiction, with footage of interviews and LEOs in action, etc. Do you think they are portrayed well or not?

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Well, Cops is the most obvious example. I was watching this one show about an undercover cop in a skinheads gang too, but I don't remember the program it was under.

Essentially, shows that are meant to be interpreted as non-fiction, with footage of interviews and LEOs in action, etc. Do you think they are portrayed well or not?
    Well..COPS is nonfiction. One of our adjoining agencies was on COPS many years back. They ride around for a few weeks with some select officers. What you see is pretty much how it is...

My thoughts on those usually center around wondering if the officers on them are acting they way they would (and sometimes should) normally act because the cameras are rolling.
    Last edited by tgace; 9/29/2009 6:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:29pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Well..COPS is nonfiction. One of our adjoining agencies was on COPS many years back. They ride around for a few weeks with some select officers. What you see is pretty much how it is...

My thoughts on those usually center around wondering iif the officers on them are acting they way they would (and sometimes should) normally act because the cameras are rolling.
    From a Seattle officer (old):
    Dude we have COPS riding with us and it is really annoying at the moment

I was backing my partner who had COPS with them and i ninja'd up on him and scared the camera man. So he was like can you walk back to your car and close your door and come back up so i can properly intro you.

Lastnight my partner and I got into a scrap with a kid and afterwards he was screaming and yelling bleeding all of the place and my partner walks up and says hey they want like a summary of what hapend so act like you are putting your hobble away and ill walk up to you and start talking with you....

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by permahudef View Post
    From a Seattle officer (old):
    Eh. That doesn't really make their procedural or legal actions "fiction". It's not like they are saying "could you unload your sidearm and rack it before you go in the door? Its more dramatic that way."

They just want some footage that makes the replay "make sense" to a watcher. If they ever told a cop to do something against policy, safety or the law I would hope the Cop would tell them to go **** themselves.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Honestly, the cocking of weapons is a dramatic flair that I've come to accept. I never roll out without one in the chamber, but it is dramatic and cool looking.
    Yeah, it's fucking awesome. If I was hunting criminals and ****, I would rack the slide every chance I got.

"OK, bravo, we're going in" *click clack*.

"Excuse me, miss. Miss? Is everything alright in there?" *click clack*

"What up, Q-dot?". "Yo, what up, man" *click clack*.

Interestingly, "racking your slide" sounds like a euphemism for masturbation.

I think I'll go rack my slide right now.

Also, it's worth pointing out that everything those CSI's on CSI say make them look like idiots. Like when they stand around discussing some remarkably simple process at length ... something that real scientists/ninjas would never do because it's so fucking obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Also, it's worth pointing out that everything those CSI's on CSI say make them look like idiots. Like when they stand around discussing some remarkably simple process at length ... something that real scientists/ninjas would never do because it's so fucking obvious.
    Yeah. Other things that piss me off with CSI is how everybody seems to be an expert on some obscure topic.

And another thing why is it ALWAYS dark at every crime scene?? Because then they get to use a fancy little flashlight. Turn on the goddamn lights!

..then there are the visible laser beams on the trajectory kits. Some shows are getting better at "dusting" the beam but others still make people believe that lasers are always visible as solid beams.

Yeah yeah I know :pancakebu
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast