Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 10:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video - 3 Move Combo - Armbar to Oma Plata to Back Roll Sweep

Hey Guys,

Figured I'd share another video with all of you. This one is a 3 move combination from the guard position.

You go for an armbar from the guard. Then your opponent either pulls his arm out or you just switch to the oma plata on your own. A common defense is for you opponent to posture up when you attempt the oma plata and a great option is to do an explosive back roll as they posture up. You are basically using the momentum of your opponent posturing up and the follow through of your back roll to execute the sweep. In essence you're taking your opponent where he wants to go.

YouTube - 3 Move BJJ Combo - Armbar to Oma Plata to Back Roll Sweep

Thanks for watching,
    Jason

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, I've always had a fondness for this move if I am unable to break the person down and they posture up. A good fourth move in the combo at 0:59 is the mounted triangle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 7:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Yup, I've always had a fondness for this move if I am unable to break the person down and they posture up. A good fourth move in the combo at 0:59 is the mounted triangle.
    Yes you can swing the other way for the mount, mounted triangle, and even an armbar. Didn't continue with that series in this vid cause I was focusing on 3 move combos when I created some videos.