Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 7:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I can tell, this particular forum on this website, and I'm guessing there are many more forums like this, is to discuss an issue that none of you know about. You are investigating dojos to see if they are fake or not? Seriously, how much time do you have on your hands? The whole idea of this website is odd to me.
    Yes, you are right it is very odd that anyone would have the time to investigate people.

I can't think off any organizations or websites that do anything similar.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index.htm
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13099555/
    http://www.bbb.org/
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/

My point in writing this was not to argue and bicker back and forth with anyone, but just to let you all know how your words are read on this site; and that they are hurtful as it is a sensitive subject.
    No, it isn't a sensitive subject. His Death is a sensitive subject which, caused you to lash out and misunderstand the words.

Someone in a Dojo right now is discussing the rank of an instructor. Yes, contrary to popular belief it is okay to ask a question.

You really need to lurk more before, using one thread to attack the entire website. People call, meet the people in person, go spar, and bring back reports of the interactions.

You say that giving a call or dropping by wouldn't help? What would it have hurt? If you had done so, all of your concerns or suspicions and whatever else, could have been cleared up face to face.

I said the wording could be read as confusing, I did not say it was suspicious; and we do not have any intentions of changing it. To be honest, I don't have a problem being questioned about the website, but I do have a problem with someone questioning it, and somewhat making fun of it, to people that have no relation to our dojo or have any idea of what they are talking about with the instructors at our dojo.
    Very contradictory part of your post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 8:07pm

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live right down the street. I'd be happy to go down there and find out anything anybody wants, like I said before they are pretty cool people.

Mr. Hunneycutt, please be careful. The 10th Dan is bull and there are people at your dojo (both students and others) who claim much more experience than they actually have. Stroud's is not what this site would normally consider Bullshido but don't push this forum. This is what these people prefer to do with their free time, they will investigate the **** out of all your martial arts claims.

That said, I can't vouch for anybody else s skills from Stroud's but, Doc Stroud could toss some serious ass.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 8:30pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huneycutt View Post

My point in writing this was not to argue and bicker back and forth with anyone, but just to let you all know how your words are read on this site; and that they are hurtful as it is a sensitive subject.
    But all you've done is attack the website and this particular poster. You've done nothing to clear up any of the alleged misconceptions, and you haven't provided any new information.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 9:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me, It's Ms. Huneycutt. As I stated before I am Shihan Barry Huneycutt's daughter. I am thrown off by your post? "The 10th Dan is bull," "but Doc Stroud could toss some serious ass"?
    Students and others claim much more experience than they actually have? I would really love to know who you are referring to. Doc Stroud as well as many of his students are known for how humble they are of the ranks that they hold.
    Be careful? What does that mean?
    As far as coming to our dojo, that is an open invitation for anyone. Come, sit down and watch a class, and ask our instructors anything you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by fourTwenty View Post
    I live right down the street. I'd be happy to go down there and find out anything anybody wants, like I said before they are pretty cool people.

Mr. Hunneycutt, please be careful. The 10th Dan is bull and there are people at your dojo (both students and others) who claim much more experience than they actually have. Stroud's is not what this site would normally consider Bullshido but don't push this forum. This is what these people prefer to do with their free time, they will investigate the **** out of all your martial arts claims.

That said, I can't vouch for anybody else s skills from Stroud's but, Doc Stroud could toss some serious ass.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are just a straight out jackass. I dont appreciate your sarcastic bullshit, as I have handled this as calm as I can. And have chose my words wisely as to try and not offend anyone as much as possible. I have NOT misunderstood anything, everything anyone has posted has been crystal clear. If anything, you all are the ones who misunderstand, which is why this forum was even posted in the first place!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, you are right it is very odd that anyone would have the time to investigate people.

I can't think off any organizations or websites that do anything similar.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index.htm
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13099555/
    http://www.bbb.org/
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/

No, it isn't a sensitive subject. His Death is a sensitive subject which, caused you to lash out and misunderstand the words.

Someone in a Dojo right now is discussing the rank of an instructor. Yes, contrary to popular belief it is okay to ask a question.

You really need to lurk more before, using one thread to attack the entire website. People call, meet the people in person, go spar, and bring back reports of the interactions.

Very contradictory part of your post.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 9:40pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are just a straight out jackass. I dont appreciate your sarcastic bullshit, as I have handled this as calm as I can. And have chose my words wisely as to try and not offend anyone as much as possible. I have NOT misunderstood anything, everything anyone has posted has been crystal clear. If anything, you all are the ones who misunderstand, which is why this forum was even posted in the first place!
    Once again you've chosen to attack rather than providing any answers. I had assumed that was your ultimate goal by posting here. You're exacerbating the problem as opposed to solving it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 10:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are just a straight out jackass.
    I find it funny you don't understand the website or its purpose but, understand the sarcasm Iused.

I dont appreciate your sarcastic bullshit, as I have handled this as calm as I can.
    You know what? No one cares if you remain calm. Unlike RH you came in inflammatory even when people talked to you calmly. You then went off and in one post contradicted your entire "calm" demeanor.

And have chose my words wisely as to try and not offend anyone as much as possible.
    Right? By saying call you but, you wouldn't change the wording of the website anyway? That defeats the whole call us as you would have been just as dismissive if we go by your actions on this thread.

I have NOT misunderstood anything, everything anyone has posted has been crystal clear. If anything, you all are the ones who misunderstand, which is why this forum was even posted in the first place!
    This is a thread posted on a forum. Someone asked a question, you didn't like the tone and twisted it to fit your anger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 12:04am

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me, It's Ms. Huneycutt. As I stated before I am Shihan Barry Huneycutt's daughter.
    My bad.
    EDIT: Wait, then whose rhuneycut, damn it. I didn't even notice it was two people. Who the hell uses their name as a handle on a forum anyway?

I am thrown off by your post?
    That will happen.

"The 10th Dan is bull," "but Doc Stroud could toss some serious ass"?
    I believe the claimed 10th Dan that was brought up earlier has already been adequately described as "loltastic". The old guy named Doc is the only instructor from your dojo I've actually seen performing, and that was years ago when I was but a wee tyke.

Students and others claim much more experience than they actually have? I would really love to know who you are referring to. Doc Stroud as well as many of his students are known for how humble they are of the ranks that they hold.
    Ha. Okay some may be known for being humble but some are surely not.

Be careful? What does that mean?
    That means that people in Kinston (especially people involved in business) are famous for their bullshit. This forum is pretty famous for tearing bullshit to shreds like a wolverine on beef jerky. I just wasn't envisioning this thread turning out well.
    Last edited by fourTwenty; 7/27/2010 12:12am at .

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 8:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is one issue that would make me question this schools Judo credentials....they are not listed as a club on the North Carolina Judo website,and I don't remember any members at any of the Tournaments that I've competed in that are listed on the site.If you are going to claim to be a Judo dojo,in any way ,shape, or form,why wouldn't you be listed there? This school is also not listed on the Us Judo website as a North Carolina club.Usa judo is the pipeline through which competitors can go from local to national and international competition,and compete to be on the olympic team.They aren't listed on the Us judo federations website either.Just to be safe and have credentials that are beyond dispute,go to the Us Judo website or the North Carolina judo website and go with a recognized club.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234