Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2007 7:08pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Picture_001[1].jpg:
    Your file of 1.34 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 695.3 KB for this filetype.

I tried to post a Drawing of the Umtego, but it looks like it was too large. Back to the drawing board. Well at least I now know how.

THE MANTIS
    Last edited by Mantis; 3/13/2007 7:20pm at .

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/13/2007 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you download the Free Trial of Paint Shop Pro, you'll be able to resize your images to fit whatever requirement. The more detail in the image, the smaller you have to make it to fit the maximum file size.

Just download and install the program (easy, just follow the steps) and open the image file the same way you'd open anything else--go into the program and click on file, then open.
    Once you have the image open in PSP, you can click on "Image" at the top of the screen and then click "Resize." Just leave the default settings on and reduce the width or the length--it'll automatically change the other dimension to keep the ratio the same and keep from distorting the image.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally, a Drawing of the Umtego. I will post more pictures later.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 9:37pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the writing at the top of the page which has been cropped out?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 9:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    What is the writing at the top of the page which has been cropped out?

I used a digital camera; The Picture is taken from the first investigative notes on Comba-Tai, copyrighted 1995: “Warriors of Antiquity, Monogenesis of the Human Race.” So no, I did not crop out anything. Since you are interested I will type what is above the page for you.

"In June of 1992 I interviewed Michael Sliko Rwiyamilira who was an immigrant of the country of Rwanda located in Africa. I described to him the fighting techniques of my grandfather. I described to him grappling close to the opponent, sweeping the leg while close, throwing the opponent and a number of other tactics. He said what I was describing was identical to what he new in Rwanda as Gukirana. He says to sweep your opponent's legs it involves two people, each holding one another's waist. One tries to sweep the legs of the other with the intention of following him to the ground. The purpose, he says, of Gukirana is to prepare the person so that in a real fight he may use this skill. When fighting, the sweeping is then called "Umutego" or a sweep. He further states the traditional weapons of Gukirana are the spear, bows and arrows, cane (a special stick used for looking after cattle) and the sword."

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 9:53pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the drawing of the two men was done by yourself?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    So the drawing of the two men was done by yourself?
    No.

"I would like to honor the masterful artist Jose Marquez and the brilliant art work of William Lapitan."

--Page V. "Recognition"

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 11:56pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    It appears that the military titles are indeed a tradition from Ethiopia. Ras is the highest Royal Title that can be bestowed upon someone who is not of the Ethiopian royal family. I can not give the name as of yet, but Ras was a name that was used as a first name of males in a Caucasian family that lived in Laurel during the antebellum period. Its male decedents maintains the title as a first name to this day. While this could be a coincidence, it is believed that this title could have been bestowed on this person for some gallant achievement … in any case traditionally the family has maintained it. I used the word Caucasian because the Oral History of Comba-Tai seems to indicate that various groups worked together like family in the maroons in Jones County. Oral tradition claims they helped each other and were daring enough to enter plantations and free slaves. Rev. Jones testified that he was told by George Warren that slave catchers were fearful about entering certain areas of Jones County. Victoria Bynum in her book the Free State of Jones also suggests this as well.
    Hi there, Ras was indeed the highest title outside of the imperial line. I believe it literally means "head", as similar words in other semitic languages do. Apparently, in Ethiopia its meaning could be given as "field marshal" and "duke". This may be part of the genealogy to which Mantis refers, as it has individuals named Ras and is connected with Jones County:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ethrdge/etheredge.html#Ras

Mantis, the pre-imperial name of Haile Selassie was Ras Tafari, hence the Rastafarians. Does your group have any connection with them?

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 12:14am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I would like to honor the masterful artist Jose Marquez and the brilliant art work of William Lapitan."

1) When was this picture drawn?

2) Where was it drawn? (state, country)

Who are these two individuals.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 11:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why can't I see the image? Is it still there?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"