222066 Bullies, 3700 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 761 to 770 of 1126
Page 77 of 113 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677 7879808187 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Sam Browning is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,845

    Posted On:
    3/10/2007 3:58pm

    hall of famestaff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Post away, but please specify where the originals came from, and how you know the location of their discovery and their age.
      #761
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/10/2007 5:50pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Post away, but please specify where the originals came from, and how you know the location of their discovery and their age.
    Mr. Samuel Browning,

    Thank you for this opportunity to share what I've learned. I give you my word, I will stick to the criteria you have given, i.e. “Specify where the originals came from, and how you know the location of their discovery and their age.” Please give me through next week. I will also try to post video clips or pictures. I will ask if I can post a picture of the ring with the symbol from The House of Shewa or Shoa, it is now located in Arizona with some of Dr. Jones’ relatives.

    Thanks again.
      #762
  3. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/10/2007 7:04pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologize, I was just corrected. The name is not pronounced Gizirek al Malik, but Geziret el Malik. Giziret el Malik translates Island of the king. There is also unreliable oral tradition that surrounds this name.

    From here on, I will have the names checked before I post them. Thanks.
      #763
  4. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 10:31am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are lying; I challenge you to post one person that told you that you did not have a right to know. You were ignored when you perpetuated your supremacist views on a site that was a composite of many different people. But even grandmaster Parham was planning to post picture and video tapes for you. I was horrified that they were giving in to your bulling.
    Nope. He signed his name "De Leaver Sensei" (using the same convention as "Karen Oyama Sensei," by the way--the one all the Kendo stylists told me is very rare among Japanese stylists because it's wrong) and his username on the forum was "Foot." You know very well that I can't post links to the Comba-Tai forums anymore because they've now been shut to American Clown Supremacists, but here's Google's link to the cached version of his thread on grappling in which the Kemetic Triangle and the David's Harp are mentioned. You could clear up the question of exactly what he told me--at least for yourself--by running a simple search at Comba-Tai, since you still have access. But I'm guessing you were too busy. This cached version only gives the first page, before Dr. Jones' thread necromancy brought it back and so before my questions were posted. It may even have been in another thread, but at the Comba-Tai boards, "Foot" told me quite emphatically that he had posted his thread for students of Comba-Tai and I was not worthy to be told what a Kemetic Triangle or a David's Harp would be.
    This is the cached version of the thread from Google.

    Sorry, I was wrong; the African’s name was Michael Saliko Rwiyamilira who is from the country of Rwanda. He was a warrior who engaged in similar military skills to Dr. Jones surprise. When Jones found out were he was from, he begin to interview him and posted the interview in a paper he wrote in 1995 called “Warriors of Antiquity.” All of his students get this paper.
    Thank you. That was a straightforward, lucid answer. It sounds from your post as if Mr. Rwiyamilira now lives outside Rwanda, perhaps in the United States. I would love to contact him and find out what systems he has practiced and studied.

    I can assure you that Michael Bell has not seen Jones hit anyone with Maximum power to those areas.
    What an interesting way to put it.

    If the Administrators of Bullshido will allow me, I will post various drawing of Techniques of Comba-Tai that I know that are related to Ancient African Techniques. I have been working on this for sometime with a friend. I will also post a picture of me accomplishing some of the techniques as best I can. Don’t worry, I will look better than Don.
    That sounds great. Post the truth, it will set us all free from this thread.
    *********************************************
      #764
  5. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 10:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ACI? WELL THE AVAILABLE EVIDENCE SAYS YOU ARE LYING. Can you see now how your agenda will often distort your view?
    Nope. I made a mistake and you corrected it a page or two ago. I thought ACI and AIC had been shown to have the same administrators. You told me they had not. I checked it out and found that you were right. That's what responsible people do.
    That mistake does NOT mean that ACI is not absolutely tied to AIC's accreditations--every last one of them--because ACI itself under Scheel made the offer to take on every school ACI had accredited at the time that ACI was shut down.

    Calm down, you are wrong again. Dr. Scheel was not the shyster you are talking about, it was the other guy, Remember? I know, I know, don’t confuse you with the facts.
    No, actually, that time I WAS talking about Mr. Scheel. I called him a shyster because he created an accreditation mill to take over for the old ACI accreditation mill and followed through by offering accreditation to every school "accredited" by the ACI. Unless he somehow didn't know why ACI was being shut down, that makes him a shyster equal to Reuter by his own choice.

    So I don’t know about the other schools, but the one that Dr. Jones received his D.Min. from appears to have been legit.
    It may have been; I'm still waiting for them to return my contact. However, your idea of the appearance of legitimacy differs from mine. In my mind, if you seek out accreditation from a group that offers accreditation to fakes, only three explanations are possible:

    1. FICU had no idea they were so disreputable when FICU applied for accreditation, and they were so strict with FICU (if not with anyone else) that FICU was able to continue under the illusion that they were a legitimate service. This would be the Karl Marx defense.

    2. FICU knew their history and how disreputable they were, but FICU wanted to put "Accredited" on its materials badly enough that FICU decided to overlook it.

    3. FICU knew their history and how disreputable they were, but didn't care because FICU is running a diploma mill.

    None of these scenarios inspires any confidence in FICU.

    By the way in—as I understand it--in 1994 when Dr. Jones earned his D.Min. Degrees from a legitimate organization of ACI, FICU, there were no Distance learning or Degrees by Mail and Internet initiatives.
    Yes, you are remarkably well-acquainted with Dr. Jones' academic history.

    Remember: they would not be incorporated until 1989; the date of this letter is 1988. In 1989 when they would be a legitimate organization, all the schools of ACI would be evaluated (according to the letter). So I guess Dr. Scheel refused to take anyone’s word for the legitimacy of each organization. Sounds like he wanted to give people, the benefit of the doubt…I know that is a novel idea, but, sometimes it happens.
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, you have misread the letter. Dr. Scheel's poor construction probably didn't help. The only schools that were required to "start over" after January 20, 1989 were the schools that missed the "grandfathered" window by not sending in their funds and application form before January 20, 1989. There is no mention in the letter of requiring any evaluation at all for this "grandfather" status except cash money.

    Yes he is trying to be fair. But he also takes a hard line approach in this letter.
    That's a hard line approach? It is to laugh.
    *********************************************
      #765
  6. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 2:47pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to take just a moment to remind everybody of the criterion I set earlier for valuable evidence: scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals of the appropriate academic fields. Anybody can look at a wall painting and see a "technique." The historical record is replete with things that can be interpreted in any number of ways. Archaeological, anthropolicial, and historical finds/theories need to be peer-reviewed, not just passed off as fact. I can't tell you how many books there are out there that cite ancient pictures and old historical records when they claim Atlantis was a continent in the middle of the Atlantic, but I can tell you that peer-review was a staple of none of them.

    That is my standard. It's not even that hard a standard to get, since even critical linguistic studies journals have accidentally printed the occasional parody of themselves (see the Sokal hoax). The more widely respected the journal, and the less postmodern, the better.

    Please note; this evidence alone would not satisfy me. But it would at least give us something to actually argue about that was more than some bold claims supported only by vague allusions to ancient evidence.
      #766
  7. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:09pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Nope. I made a mistake and you corrected it a page or two ago. I thought ACI and AIC had been shown to have the same administrators. You told me they had not. I checked it out and found that you were right. That's what responsible people do.
    That mistake does NOT mean that ACI is not absolutely tied to AIC's accreditations--every last one of them--because ACI itself under Scheel made the offer to take on every school ACI had accredited at the time that ACI was shut down.
    MISTAKE? Doubtful! You are lying and you know it. You couldn’t post anything but what you posted because as I said it was easily verifiable. Let’s see what else I said. Mistake? Let me show you what a mistake is; a mistake is when you post AIC instead of IAC; that is a mistake. The rest are bold face lies and you know it. But good try!



    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    No, actually, that time I WAS talking about Mr. Scheel. I called him a shyster because he created an accreditation mill to take over for the old ACI accreditation mill and followed through by offering accreditation to every school "accredited" by the ACI. Unless he somehow didn't know why ACI was being shut down, that makes him a shyster equal to Reuter by his own choice.
    What is this? You are confusing IAC with ACI again … let me help you, shut down your emotions and report the truth. You are so emotionally connected to destroying Dr. Jones and Comba-Tai you are beginning to fantasize. It is funny; you are seeing and writing things that have never existed. You do this a lot, I don’t answer them all because I know people can see it for themselves. You are prejudging based on your biases. But again, there is no suggestion that Reuter’s mishap with the Missouri business school applied to all his schools. The rest of this is your fake opinion which is always useless ACI? WELL THE AVAILABLE EVIDENCE SAYS YOU ARE LYING. Can you see now how your agenda will often distort your view? Perhaps you can’t see, but I know everyone else can. Let’s see what else I said.

    Hey, this guy isn’t very good at this is he? His reputation is on the line, he has to do everything in his power to defeat Comba-Tai and Dr. Jones. But for now, he is getting his Ass Kicked by me. Ha, ha, ha, ha,

    Quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    It may have been; I'm still waiting for them to return my contact. However, your idea of the appearance of legitimacy differs from mine. In my mind, if you seek out accreditation from a group that offers accreditation to fakes, only three explanations are possible:

    1. FICU had no idea they were so disreputable when FICU applied for accreditation, and they were so strict with FICU (if not with anyone else) that FICU was able to continue under the illusion that they were a legitimate service. This would be the Karl Marx defense.

    2. FICU knew their history and how disreputable they were, but FICU wanted to put "Accredited" on its materials badly enough that FICU decided to overlook it.

    3. FICU knew their history and how disreputable they were, but didn't care because FICU is running a diploma mill.

    None of these scenarios inspires any confidence in FICU.

    It is obvious from your picture that very few things inspire you. This post is your opinion based on your biases and your emotional agenda. And certainly, you have not proved any point here, nor will you. Your argument seems to be based on pure rhetoric based on your demonstrated prejudicial stance. We all have an opinion.
    Quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Yes, you are remarkably well-acquainted with Dr. Jones' academic history.
    You would be remarkably well acquainted with Comba-Tai if you stop being a jerk and ask fair questions as I’ve done. If you had bothered to really read the Comba-Tai board as opposed to trying to derail everything you would know. They tried to answer your questions, but you want to be a bully…and you can’t fight … not that is hilarious. You see, I don’t prejudge everything like you. But now you have proven yourself unworthy of information, I will give the information I have to others on this board, but it is not to you. You are unfair and extremely biased based on a demonstrated emotional agenda, and you know I now have proof.


    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, you have misread the letter. Dr. Scheel's poor construction probably didn't help. The only schools that were required to "start over" after January 20, 1989 were the schools that missed the "grandfathered" window by not sending in their funds and application form before January 20, 1989. There is no mention in the letter of requiring any evaluation at all for this "grandfather" status except cash money.
    Not true, this can be checked as I have. All the schools were required to adhere to the new standards established by Dr. Scheel. So you can read what ever you want into the letter. Oh, that is what you do. Remember: they would not be incorporated until 1989; the date of this letter is 1988. In 1989 when they would be a legitimate organization, all the schools of ACI would be evaluated (according to the letter). So I guess Dr. Scheel refused to take anyone’s word for the legitimacy of each organization. Sounds like he wanted to give people, the benefit of the doubt…I know that is a novel idea, but, sometimes it happens.


    Yes he is trying to be fair. But he also takes a hard line approach in this letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    That's a hard line approach? It is to laugh.
    You always laugh at what you don’t understand. You always think it is funny when people give others the benefit of the doubt, you are a pessimist, I guess that is Ok, we need those types too make the world go around. You haven’t demonstrated unsavory practices with ACI in the past, nor have you demonstrated it in the present. You may in the future, who knows, for now you will have to get your shovel and dig for more dirt. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You are not very good at this are you.








    Sorry, I was wrong; the African’s name was Michael Saliko Rwiyamilira who is from the country of Rwanda. He was a warrior who engaged in similar military skills to Dr. Jones surprise. When Jones found out were he was from, he begin to interview him and posted the interview in a paper he wrote in 1995 called “Warriors of Antiquity.” All of his students get this paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Thank you. That was a straightforward, lucid answer. It sounds from your post as if Mr. Rwiyamilira now lives outside Rwanda, perhaps in the United States. I would love to contact him and find out what systems he has practiced and studied.
    Wow…are you asking a fair and respectful question? Amazing! Here is what I know.
    The document I have says Mr. Rwiyamilira said what Jones described to him was identical to what he knew in Rwanda as a wrestling system known as Gukirana (I have nothing on this). Addressing the Umtego he says to sweep your opponent’s legs it involves two people, each holding the others waist. One tries to sweep the legs of the other with the intention of following him to the ground. The purpose “he says” of Gukirana is to prepare the person so that in a real fight he may use his skill. He also talks about similar weapons in Comba-Tai to Gukirana.


    I can assure you that Michael Bell has not seen Jones hit anyone with Maximum power to those areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    What an interesting way to put it.
    If you were more experienced you would know hitting people with maxium power to those areas might cause death or at least severe injury. The only person to say they have physically seen Dr. Jones in a street fight is Robert Parham. Michael Bell never did and never has made this claim.

    Bad boy Don:spanky:
    Last edited by Mantis; 3/11/2007 6:53pm at . Reason: Word Change
      #767
  8. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:10pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are lying; I challenge you to post one person that told you that you did not have a right to know. You were ignored when you perpetuated your supremacist views on a site that was a composite of many different people. But even grandmaster Parham told you that he was planning post picture and video tapes for you. I was horrified that they were giving in to your bulling. Man, it really appears you are a liar.

    dongwinn
    Guest
    Re: From the Floor Up
    « Reply #13 on Jan 19, 2007, 8:38pm »

    ________________________________________
    I'm intrigued by the "David's Harp" and "Kemetic Triangle" submissions mentioned in passing above. Could someone post a brief description of how these methods are executed? Are these submissions taken from Judo, BJJ, Cambo, Catch, etc. and renamed for Comba-Tai, or are they original to Comba-Tai (in other words, are these African techniques?) If so, are they part of the original Comba-Tai lineage from Kush or Egypt?
    Link to Post - Back to Top 69.19.14.20



    Robert Parham
    Administrator

    member is offline





    Joined: Sept 2004
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 314
    Location: Suisun City, Ca
    Re: From the Floor Up
    « Reply #14 on Jan 20, 2007, 2:53pm »

    ________________________________________
    I will try to post some video or pictures relating to those techniques.






    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Nope. He signed his name "De Leaver Sensei" (using the same convention as "Karen Oyama Sensei," by the way--the one all the Kendo stylists told me is very rare among Japanese stylists because it's wrong) and his username on the forum was "Foot." You know very well that I can't post links to the Comba-Tai forums anymore because they've now been shut to American Clown Supremacists, but here's Google's link to the cached version of his thread on grappling in which the Kemetic Triangle and the David's Harp are mentioned. You could clear up the question of exactly what he told me--at least for yourself--by running a simple search at Comba-Tai, since you still have access. But I'm guessing you were too busy. This cached version only gives the first page, before Dr. Jones' thread necromancy brought it back and so before my questions were posted. It may even have been in another thread, but at the Comba-Tai boards, "Foot" told me quite emphatically that he had posted his thread for students of Comba-Tai and I was not worthy to be told what a Kemetic Triangle or a David's Harp would be.
    This is the cached version of the thread from Google.

    I have posted this for the Bullshido Administrators to see, I guess if you give Don the benefit of the doubt, we might say he’s not lying. However if we take the Bullshido approach which has been taken against Comba-Tai for things far less verifiable, we must say that Don is a bold liar. So read below and draw your own conclusion, but again, Don is use to his opinions being taken as fact, so I guess he feels he can say what ever he chooses. He is a troll as I’ve said before.






    Quote Originally Posted by Foot

    Foot
    New Member

    member is offline





    Joined: Apr 2006
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 14
    Re: From the Floor Up
    « Reply #18 on Jan 22, 2007, 11:43pm »

    ________________________________________
    Greetings all,

    I have been unable to address the items spoken in the thread but apparently there is some question as far as the veracity of the naming convention of techniques that were discussed earlier in the thread. I am sorry for not addressing this earlier because it has spoiled the integrity of the original thread as others are attempting to address this novice. As I have said before that is not the intention of this thread which is set to give some rudimentary concepts for individuals in Comba-Tai to build primary and secondary control systems for under belts in our system. As much as I would like to go into details of items taught in our system it is neither my intention nor desire to provide this instruction in great detail to non Comba-Tai practitioners because this thread would consume a much greater period of time than it already does. Nor is it my intention to give a history lesson to anyone of the Internets casual observers of this website or thread. I like yourselves do maintain a day job and teach simply to keep the art alive and assist others in their struggle to master themselves and achieve discipline.












    If you wish to carry on a discussion of technique I would hope that would start with your instructor prior to you stepping out of your school to seek that information from others. Especially a website that contains an art that you desire to be explained to you before you have ever set foot in any of the classes or met any of the instructors. Yes, I have read some of the items you have posted and I am not the most polite instructor in the academy. I do still follow the basic rules of respect in regards to speaking to an upper level instructor Don. I am not stating that I am your superior I am however indicating that I have been on the road you appear to have started to travel for more than two decades. I have admired and mourned the loss of other instructor that you have never heard of whom have shaped me into the person that I am today. One of these men is Dr. Jones who is one of the most talented instructors that I have met and been a student.

    This being said I could further address other items in a private message because this is still taking away from the original intention of this thread which is waiting completion by one of our Los Angeles classes which I conducted a seminar. I have publicly addressed as much as I desire to in this thread, provided a vehicle to address further questions and am waiting completion from the Los Angeles class either in this thread or to my mail address.
    Don, I know you would laugh at his Etiquette, but he seems to be very fair and polite, unlike you. He was in the middle of helping people, you were in the middle of…I’m sorry, I am not sure what you were in the middle off…










    Quote Originally Posted by Dongwinn


    dongwinn
    Guest
    Re: From the Floor Up
    « Reply #19 on Jan 23, 2007, 9:14pm »

    ________________________________________
    Hey, it's not my intention to derail threads. I simply asked a question about which techniques go with those names. By all means, if you'd rather continue this conversation in my original thread with my questions about Comba-Tai, that would be fine with me. In fact, the moderators can probably split this thread and merge these posts with that other thread, leaving this one purely a discussion of technique.



    I prefer to ask and answer in public to avoid duplication of effort, but you can always send me a Private Message here at the Comba-Tai forums. Alternatively I can be reached at dgwinn@chathamschools.org or dongwinn@thefiringline.com , although the former is best. The latter is my home account and gets spammed heavily, so a lot of messages end up in a kill file.
    OK, well Don, he tried!


    As it relates to Karen Oyama Sensei, I’ve been in the martial art for longer than you have and I will say in my short time as a martial artist, there is nothing we can say for certain about individual martial artist. I have been to point tournaments where martial artist introduce themselves as everything from Master, Shihan, Sensei, Sifu, Professor, etc. In fact I dare say I have never seen a card presented by an Asian Instructor that did not have a title of some sort. To suggest that when Asian’s don’t adhere to what Americans understand to be traditional Asian customs, this means they can’t be real people is obviously stupid and gross prejudicial thinking. Your emotional Oyama Sensei thing is funny—

    By the way, if appears that Grandmaster Parham was going to post the pictures you wanted to see. But that pissed you off so you begin to make inflammatory statements about their Etiquette. I guess if it doesn’t support your myopic American views, you will try to belittle it. You see, little men did not create America that is why it is a bigger place than your little mind can ever understand.
    Last edited by Mantis; 3/11/2007 6:35pm at . Reason: Change Quote
      #768
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:13pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    That sounds great. Post the truth, it will set us all free from this thread.
    Don is a jokester! So does this mean you are bound by your own words? Yep, this guy is funny! Truth? Don, you can’t handle the truth. I was wrong about Bullshido, they can. I will not prove all the arguments here but I have proved that you are not a supporter of the truth. Can we talk?




    It’s always great to see the dynamic of an interactive experience, where you don’t really know in which direction it’s going to head. I agree that collaborative communication can truly be a great Ally in discovering the truth. If we open up our hearts and speak openly, about things that really matter and are meaningful, all kinds of surprises can take place. As I read I can see the dialogue with Mr. Rwiyamilira is evidence of that.

    It reminds me of Don who recently ask me certain questions about Comba-Tai, I pointed him toward the Comba-Tai Board. The stuff he read he perceived were Afrocentric so it seems he took it personal, of course, whenever we’re dealing with a personal issue we get involved in it and it becomes something that we’re invested in. Because we have feelings about it, when we get emotional, our emotions have the ability to entangle us and create subjectivity.

    As Don spoke with Grand Master Parham and the other members of the Board, they were honestly trying to point out to him that there are different ways of looking at the questions about Comba-Tai—“this may be your view, there may be another perspective”—and it became crystal clear to them that Don took a seemingly Afrocentric post of Michael Bell and Karen Oyama with a hidden agenda of emotions seasoned with dishonest reporting and questioning (Remember how I caught Don trying to e-mail Master Garcia in this honest questioning tone while suggesting with a picture Don posted, that Master Garcia didn’t know what he was doing on the Bullshido Board. Don’t forget this was all Don’s interpretation, there were no captions under the pictures he was ridiculing.)
    Don’t get me wrong, emotions, on one hand, are very much a part of our experience (not only a part, but an intrinsic element of human experience). We feel things. We like something, we don’t like it. Love. Pain. We have sensations. If we were just minds, intellects, computers, we wouldn’t be able to experience life. On the other hand, because of the subjective nature of emotions, they can entrap or blind us.
    As far as I know Dr. Jones has always told all of his students (this can be verified), don’t believe what I tell you, but go back and do your own research. With some research we find that he takes this from the bible (2 Timothy 2:15 ). Actually this life long learning experience of Comba-Tai is based on the premise that honest answers must be given for the hope that is with in you using gentleness and respect. But when this respect is not given, as when Don Gwinn posts, there is another verse I think is appropriate, “Don’t throw your pearls to swine.” No, I am not talking about physical attributes.
      #769
  10. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:31pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    I am going to take just a moment to remind everybody of the criterion I set earlier for valuable evidence: scholarly articles in peer-reviewed journals of the appropriate academic fields. Anybody can look at a wall painting and see a "technique." The historical record is replete with things that can be interpreted in any number of ways. Archaeological, anthropolicial, and historical finds/theories need to be peer-reviewed, not just passed off as fact. I can't tell you how many books there are out there that cite ancient pictures and old historical records when they claim Atlantis was a continent in the middle of the Atlantic, but I can tell you that peer-review was a staple of none of them.

    That is my standard. It's not even that hard a standard to get, since even critical linguistic studies journals have accidentally printed the occasional parody of themselves (see the Sokal hoax). The more widely respected the journal, and the less postmodern, the better.

    Please note; this evidence alone would not satisfy me. But it would at least give us something to actually argue about that was more than some bold claims supported only by vague allusions to ancient evidence.
    No one is passing anything off as fact:sign13: … not one person. Comba-Tai’s history is not considered a fact; it is considered theory or perhaps a hypothesis. Theory is used here to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. There are people who believe it and others in Comba-Tai are skeptical, that is why so much time over the years has been put into its investigation.

    (Serious Research into the history of Comba-Tai begin in 1995, it continues to the present.)



    As far as I know, all the literature handed to Comba-Tai students claims that it is mostly oral tradition that was handed down from grandfather to grandson. The establishment of its 3 Orders is secular with only one being religious. These Orders were established in honor of the Knights of Saint Anthony, Defenders of the Ark of the Covenant. (Actually Knight is a European word that was adopted doing the intense European contact under Emperor Menelik II. The official title in Comba-Tai is Medjay Defenders of the faith.) As I understand this.

    If people say this history is absolutely true, they could be lying, but if they say it is absolutely false, that could also be a lie. Dr. Jones believes the 6,000 year old lineage claims are true, that much we known. Some of his students on the other hand look at it as unverifiable as other ancient martial art histories; Comba-Tai’s historical claims are admittedly Dr. Jones’ experience. I guess we could try to change his mind, but Dr. Jones is not even the leader of Comba-Tai anymore. He retired almost six years ago. That is not to say that the students don’t still love him and appreciate what he’s done.

    I’ve already said I don’t have everything you want, so what ever I post, you can discard it and laugh as just a bunch of Afrocentric mumble jumble. From your perspective I can see how you would see that as fair entertainment. My post will simply center on pictures that appears to be a tradition of warfare training. If nothing else, it will amuse the Bullshido Culture. Look on the good side, a man as educated as you are can easily cut their history up and discredit Comba-Tai in short work. After, Don will take a breath of fresh air, he will write his summary and can move on to destroy the next martial art school that has a questionable history. :jerk:
      #770

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.