233223 Bullies, 3560 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 701 to 710 of 1126
Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071 7273747581 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:16am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all knew this, but why did Don Hide it for so long.



    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Short version?

    Confirmed:
    • Adam "Bar None" Guerra stated on The Underground that he does know Parham and has trained with him. I believe he also acknowledged that Parham's students have fought in many competitive formats including MMA. He was unable to help with Jones, which is fine--better to be honest than stretch things, and he says he never worked with Jones directly. But Parham credits Jones with teaching him everything he knows about fighting, so unless we assume Parham is baldly lying then much credit goes to Jones.
    • "Big" John Dixson, who fought at heavyweight in the first PRIDE event and in the early tournament events in the '90's, also vouches for Parham and Jones. Dixson DID work with Jones and says he's good. He's not a student of Jones, exactly, but apparently worked with him extensively before MMA blew up and has continued that relationship.
    • Parham says he sits on the board of the Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame with Dan Severn. Of course, the UMAHOF set off some alarm bells here back in the early days of this thread, and there are some undeniable BS artists pictured on their page (I believe Berador is a member in good standing!) But that doesn't undo the information above, and sitting on the same board as Dan Severn was never more than tangential to Parham's case anyway.
    Unconfirmed:
    • Parham claims to have trained Guy Mezger; I have not contacted him.
    • Parham claims to have taught Melvin Guillard a specific method of punching to the body which Guillard has since used to great effect; Guillard did not reply to my messages.
    • Parham claims to have trained Mike Sciortino, who he says won the IFC. Sciortino actually is claimed as a student of Parham; however, I have been unable to locate or contact Sciortino. Sherdog shows that Sciortino beat three opponents in IFC III (Eric Daniel, Brian Gassaway and Frank Caracci) while suffering no losses, so while it doesn't explicitly say he won the tournament, that sounds about right for an eight-man tournament championship.
    • Parham claims he trained with Rich "No Love" Clementi. I have not contacted Clementi.
    • Others, such as Houston Dorr, Harry Moskowitz, Kevin Rosier and Anthony Macias are mentioned, but it's unclear whether as friends or fighters Parham has trained. I haven't pursued this; maybe someone with more time will. Frankly I'm inclined to take Parham's word on this subject, since others have already vouched for him.
    So far, no one has given me credible evidence to dispute Parham's MMA claims, so I've more or less ignored them for some time now. If anyone would like to investigate further, feel free. Jones has a thread at the Comba-Tai boards devoted to all the celebrities who've trained in Comba-Tai, so you could look into that as well, but I think you'll find those claims essentially true.


    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claim against a military art that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get, the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.
      #701
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:20am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    In any case, the Comba-Tai boards will now be password protected. Honestly, if they didn't want to allow anyone to ask difficult questions, that would have been the way to go from the beginning.
    What were your difficult questions? Come On…man up, you behaved like a jerk:new_uklia and people just don’t have time. Now that is the truth.

    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claim against a military art that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get, the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.
      #702
  3. BackFistMonkey is online now
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,299

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:21am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318

    I love that vid and I think this point has been neutered already . Keep up with the "poisoning of the well ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #703
  4. Don Gwinn is online now
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,570

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 7:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mantis, weren't you going to post some kind of evidence?

    Also, this may just be me, but I thought it was going to be stuff we hadn't seen yet.

    "Don is a disrespectful clown" is not new nor is it evidence. It's your opinion and has been noted, but there's not much I can do about your opinion other than take note of it and go on with my business.

    Clearly your sources are inferior. You haven't even heard about the trail of dead circus clowns I left across central asia six years ago, have you?
    But perhaps I've said too much.
    *********************************************
      #704
  5. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:23am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to bother addressing all of your points because they aren't all relevant to the investigation of comba-tai, but here are a couple that are:
    In fact this was embarrassing for Don, so he had to begin posting ridiculous claims about a person claiming to be an Okinawan Kendo Instructor that agreed Comba-Tai had some value. So he went after this lady to attempt to destroy her Character.
    Actually, he tried to validate that she existed and wasn't just a duplicate account providing a false testimonial.

    So, as usual Don gives dishonest commentary but very funny … no I dare say he just enjoys lying. Ok, yes, I know about ACI, but I never knew it was called IAC, actually it never was. The International Accrediting Commission (IAC) and ACI or two different organizations ran by two different hierarchy of leadership. Don knew this and yet he lied again … yes you did! Oh, wait, I see there is more…
    They might be two different organizations, but it appears to have been little more than a name change and restructuring. I trust Quackwatch more than the evidence you haven't provided:
    http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/dm3.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackwatch
    Immediately after the closing of International Accrediting Commission, there opened, the next state over, in Beebe, Arkansas, the Accrediting Commission International (ACI), which immediately invited all of the IAC schools (except, presumably, Eastern Missouri Business) to become automatically accredited by ACI.
    Next point:
    By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    When was the last time Bella Karoli did a back flip? Even a cartwheel?

    Well from my vantage point it appears that everyone thinks information that can be given to invalidate Comba-Tai will in inadvertently invalidated it’s 6,000 year old claims of an African lineage. As you can see there are a number of things Don’s followers say are important but all of them relate to an attempt at preventing anyone from saying a 6,000 year old African Lineage.
    The 6,000 year old lineage is a separate and distinct issue from the effectiveness of the system. Don made that point - he even wrote that verifiable fighters vouch for Jones and comba-tai. We're not trying to prevent anyone from saying anything, but if you make or support the claim than the onus is on you to provide proof.
    And, yet again, we might agree with Don. That doesn't make us "his supportors," "his loving friends" or anything else you throw out to demean our individuality.

    And your post about the Bullshido Arguments should have been in that thread, not this one.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #705
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:50am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah so now we are at character assassination. He isn't a martial artist, he is overweight, he isn't skilled, he is disrespectful, and



    Subtance over form. If the person is willing and able to provide information that would help prove their point, it is reasonable to assume that they would do so in most situations.
    Two almost three months and you haven't provided any information.

    The investigative process involves gathering as much relevant information as possible, forming a preliminary hypothesis, and then finding evidence that will substantiate or unsubstantiate that hypothesis. Throughout the entire process, the hypothesis is reviewed, updated, and modified, based on new information. Supplemental information may be relevant to the hypothesis that the person has lied about or misrepresented parts of his history to bolster his own authority (usually as it relates to MA).
    Interesting you say exactly what we have said but, you try to make it "MA only."

    Very interesting stealing our points and arguments and trying to make them yours. I'd call this dishonest. You actually railed against this type of investigation earlier.

    Now, you are saying investigations evolve..
      #706
  7. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:52am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew that thread would be useful...

    Oh, Mantis, I've reported that post (#701) because it does not belong in this thread. I've copied the relevant portions to the thread titled Bullshidoka Arguments. If you want to contribute there, you're welcome to do so.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #707
  8. Don Gwinn is online now
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,570

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing.
    Not true. I made no claims of any status whatsoever. I was asked what martial art I had studied, for how long, who I had trained, and what I did to make the world a better place. I answered all those questions with absolute honesty. Understand me. These are not weasel words ("technically I wasn't lying because . . . . ") I told everything and hid nothing.

    What in the Hell--Surly thou jests.
    No, and don't call me Surly.
    That's got nothing to do with anything, but you put it right out there and I couldn't resist.
    I think you meant "surely," which would have made a lot more sense and also made my joke a lot funnier, but I realize you're a scholarly researcher and not a straight man, so just do the best you can and don't step on the punchlines.

    Well he knew the Comba-Tai people hand for sometime been honestly and completely formulating a vigorous defense of their historic claims of a cultural African tradtion in a book.
    I was told by Jones that he planned to publish a book on the history of Comba-Tai, yes. That doesn't have anything to do with your point, but by all means, go on.

    He even claimed that he would reserve his final evaluation until he read the book.
    "Claimed?" I have done and am doing exactly that. When a person claims he will do a thing and then goes out and does that thing, that is not a lie. That is truth.
    I promised I would read the book and I will, if and when it is published. Until he publishes the book there isn't much I can do about reading it.
    As for who cares about my evaluation, you seem to care a lot. I'm increasingly convinced you care more about getting your jollies trolling than about anything connected with Comba-Tai, but time will tell.

    When every testimonial suggested that Dr. Jones had inspired his students to attend various universities and also engage in pro-social skills to include helping their parents.
    Yes, Dr. Jones' instructors and some students gave testimonials as to how he changed their lives and made them into good people. Frankly, rightly or wrongly, some of those testimonials went further in reinforcing the image of Comba-Tai as an art based at least in part upon the worship of Alonzo Jones. Let us not forget the student whose testimonial was to tell the story of the time Soke Mylemu Doctor Jones sent 13 attackers to the hospital.

    I guess I should also mention that pioneers in sports Combat were either partially or personally trained by Dr. Jones or his students, it appeared that the time value was answered. It appeared that answers 1 and 3 were answered.

    In fact this was embarrassing for Don,
    Could you kindly explain to the class why that would be embarassing to me? I didn't know I was embarassed until you told me.

    so he had to begin posting ridiculous claims about a person claiming to be an Okinawan Kendo Instructor that agreed Comba-Tai had some value. So he went after this lady to attempt to destroy her Character.
    Her character? I want to know whether she exists. We can worry about her character when we find out whether she's a living, breathing person.
    Let's not forget that that particular question is still open. I can't find a "Karen Oyama" in a phone directory anywhere in the U.S., her email bounces, and there doesn't seem to be an "Okinawa Kendo Federation" unless she got the name of her own group wrong.
    If she exists, then yes, she's a little woo-woo, imagining herself to be Samurai but using her Japanese title in a way that provokes chuckles from real, live kendo stylists, but one thing at a time.
    And for the record, she didn't say she was Okinawan, only that she was part of the "Okinawa Kendo Federation."

    He even attacked his friends like Julio.
    I questioned his claims, yes. I also criticized a couple of really dumb techniques shown on his website. I gave you--and him--every chance to tell me about those techniques and why they don't mean he's Bullshido, but you didn't want to do that.
    You focused in on the Walker, Texas Ranger Front Kick Disarm (WTRFKD) but you virtually ignored the other photo I criticized. That was the one in which, having disarmed his opponent, Mr. Garcia apparently points the gun at his own face and uses it to strike his opponent. This is what those who train with firearms call a Bad Idea. Pointing a gun at yourself is a bad idea. Pointing a gun at your head is worse. Pointing a gun at yourself and then hammering on something hard with it is an application for a Darwin Award.
    Mr. Garcia isn't the focus of this thread, but since I introduced that bit of thread drift myself, I suppose I have to suffer it to go on a little longer. Eventually it'll be time to forget him or start a new thread.

    Case in point:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I don't really care if this guy's a Doctor of anything or not, but I just can't quite leave them alone.
    That's not a case in point. A case in point is an illustrative example that is relevant to, and supportive of, your argument. That's just you quoting me saying I was going to keep digging and that I didn't care whether Jones was a doctor.

    So, as usual Don gives dishonest commentary but very funny … no I dare say he just enjoys lying. Ok, yes, I know about ACI, but I never knew it was called IAC, actually it never was. The International Accrediting Commission (IAC) and ACI or two different organizations ran by two different hierarchy of leadership. Don knew this and yet he lied again … yes you did! Oh, wait, I see there is more…
    This is a good example of why no one takes you seriously. You caught me in a mistake--a small one, but a mistake nonetheless--and rather than ask me to correct it, you go off on this rant about lying. I knew ACI and AIC had different leadership? Well, no, I didn't. I still don't "know" that, since you haven't provided any evidence, but I'll be glad to see it if you're going to provide it. If I was wrong, I'll retract that statement and apologize. I'm not going to retract it and apologize before show evidence for your claim that the leadership is different, because frankly up until now you've demonstrated repeatedly that you're full of it.

    Wait a minute, did you say, “that is why HE?” Isn’t it a lie that George S. Reuter Jr. is the same person that opened ACI. After the sting operation I thought George S. Reuter Jr. retired. Oh wait, he did retire. So you knew that ACI was under completely different management and you posted this anyway. Wow. I guess people are right about you.
    Again, you have no idea what I knew or didn't know. I did not know that George S. Reuter was involved with AIC or that he is not involved with ACI, and again, I still don't know it. I only know that you have made that claim. Now I have to go out and find out for myself whether it's true. If I was wrong, I'll retract my statement and apologize. Based on your track record so far, I don't think that will happen, but we shall see.

    The fact is ACI is currently an approved/registered/religious program.
    The fact is ACI has a network of schools who are only considered "accredited" schools by other members of the ACI network. They refuse even to publish a list of the schools they have "accredited." Your suggestion that they are being persecuted because they're Christians doesn't hold water.

    Schools with a Religious Exemption are permitted by statute to offer specific degrees with exclusively religious titles approved by the ODA, but they need not meet all state academic standards. To qualify for an exemption, the school must meet requirements in ORS 348.594, as shown in 2005 advance sheets Chapter 546.
    We've already established that what they're doing is probably not a crime. That doesn't make it legitimate. In particular, the fact that the California state legislature approves does nothing to ease my mind--they passed all the other laws in California, too.

    I cared about the testimonials because it showed the youth and their parents valued what was being taught.
    • Also what is taught in a system—from my traditional vantage point—says something about the instructor and curriculum
    If someone had convinced you that you were the 337th descendant of the Royal Knights of a distant and exotic land, you'd probably value it, too. Of course, a lot of people would value being taught that they were Cleopatra in a past life or a Jedi Knight in this life, too.
    Most of the time, when I tried to find out what was taught in the system--for instance, what a Kemetic Pyramid is--I was told I had no right to know.

    I don’t have the right to expound on them here, I can only say wait for the book.
    You don't have the right to expound on historical theories?

    “Mr. Jones and his followers reasoning goes something like " Well wrestling , grappling originated in Egypt. We wrestle and grapple so we have a true lineage to Egypt and are therefore teaching an Egyptian martial art."

    First of all the African Techniques in Comba-Tai are not Egyptian.
    Nevertheless, that IS the argument they made.

    Secondly long before any of them saw the paintings on the walls of Beni Hassan or knew about African grappling arts, they were engaging in many of the same techniques.
    While the names are probably different they have the same movement.
    Which brings us back to the question--which techniques and what are the similarities?

    Dr. Jones asked Michael Silko about techniques his grandfather taught him. Mr. Silko said to him, we practice these techniques today. Silko was from a country in Africa and he practiced an African grappling and weapons system. It came as a pleasant surprise that Silko was able to give Jones the African names of about 50% of his techniques. I guess Jones could be lying, but what would be his pay off.
    Thank you for providing the name of Michael Silko. Odd that Jones did not.
    What country in Africa was that? What African grappling and weapons system did Silko practice? Is he still alive?
    Jones could be lying, he could honestly believe the history and be wrong, or he could be right. We won't know for quite some time, if ever.



    And now, the long-awaited critique of Michael Bell, who clearly only did so badly on E-Budo because he was new at Comba-Tai and made 42 mistakes about the history. And since he made 42 obvious blunders about Comba-Tai history, Mantis will critique . . . . . six mistakes he made about fighting.
    Oh, well.

    (1) This is OK I guess...there is a tiny mistake, not worth mentioning.
    If it weren't worth mentioning, I daresay you wouldn't have mentioned it, old top.

    (2) Really? You need maxum power to hit these areas? Attack is seldom, it more like a stop hit.
    He's not here, I don't think he'll answer questions. He also didn't say you need maximum anything. He said Jones strikes to those areas with maximum power. So, stop hits, eye gouges, and groin shots? Neato.

    (3) I think it is more like a controlled swirl. Typically in Gizirek al Malik the neck struck to create a vassal Vagal response.
    Whirlwind . . . . controlled swirl . . . . it sounds like you're describing more or less the same thing. Were these supposed to be mistakes? What was the purpose of this critique?
    By the way, do you know what a "vassal" is? I'll give you a hint, it's not an adjective.

    (4) I think this is a description of the Mantis fist not Harka as I understand it.
    You're a better man than I if you can name a specific type of fist from that description. You can break a mandible with it? That would make it . . . . a fist.

    (5) I think this is a good description of the Umtego.
    I didn't really need to quote this, I just got on a roll and here it is.



    We all knew this, but why did Don Hide it for so long.
    Was that a question? See, at the end of a question you put the little squiggly mark next to your SHIFT key, like this (?) Then people know you're asking a question.
    The answer is that I didn't hide it. You're begging the question. Begging the question isn't just a fallacy, it's a really dumb fallacy. You might as well ask whether I've stopped beating my wife.
    I've been posting about those facts for weeks. I hid nothing. You're making up stuff as you go along.

    This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    I posted a direct link to this site at the Comba-Tai forum, and when I first posted there, you'd been a member of Bullshido for, what, a year and a half?
    Congratulations on finding the hidden secrets, Sherlock. Next you can get right to work on who's buried in Grant's Tomb.

    Also I am very disturbed
    Granted, but please continue.

    Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others.
    By others, do you mean you? As in, "Mantis?" Yes, I have the audacity to belittle you. You've earned it.

    He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.
    Can I apologize to the rest of the site for giving you an excuse to ramble on for 150 posts about nothing and we'll call it even?

    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what are my supremacist views?
    *********************************************
      #708
  9. Don Gwinn is online now
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,570

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 11:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, Quackwatch ran that article, but John Bear wrote it for and published it in a business journal for university administrators. Let me dig up the citation. In the meantime, here's the link between Reuter's AIC and Schheel's ACI. When the AIC folded and Reuter retired due to "ill health," the member schools of AIC got letters from Scheel offering to accept every last one of them, no questions asked, for a limited time.

    Now, let's think this through. You run an accreditation service, with your only function being to evaluate and ensure the quality of degree-granting institutions. You find that another accreditation service has been shut down by law enforcement officials because it was willing to accredit anyone, including the Three Stooges. What is your reaction to this news?

    Well, Scheel's reaction was that he wanted those schools that had passed such high standards to be accredited in his name! He offered to let them come in with no questions asked. This means he had to know he was probably accrediting a bunch of schools that had no business being accredited in the first place.

    If Friends International Christian University is legitimate, then it has done itself a huge disservice in doing business with ACI. It hasn't left rational people with any choice but to be skeptical at a minimum.

    Below is John Bear's scan of the letter Scheel sent out offering to accredit "every" school accredited by AIC. Bear has mused online that, really, if we're being strict about it, this offer should have included a standing offer to accredit the Eastern Missouri Business College front (the place with the Three Stooges and a TV pig as professors) at least during the duration of the limited time offer.
    That would have been t3h funny.

    Here's the text of the letter, since the scan is hard to read without enlarging. All emphasis in bold is mine.
    Dr. John Scheel
    U.S.A. President

    December 22, 1988

    Dear Members:

    We are writing to let you know that we want to help you with your school, college or seminary. Dr. George Reuter is retiring, as you may know bynow, and he recommends that all the members of the old organization come with us so that we can continue the work he started.

    We have some good seminars planned for 1989 and plan to put out a very quality newsletter which all of our members will be proud of. We want quality and professionalism to prevail at all times.

    We will accept all members who have member status with the old organization on a “grandfather” basis until January 20, 1989 only. After that date all of the schools in the U.S. will have to start over and have an on site evaluation before being accepted with full accreditation. A form is enclosed with this letter to help you to do this before the deadline. An envelope is enclosed to mail your dues in by the deadline. The amount your school or college owes is written in red at the bottom of this letter.

    We plan to put in some new ideas and to get some from you and make this new organization, known as A.C.I., a quality one that all can be proud of. Please let us help you.

    We will be contacting some of you as new commissioners and asking for your advice at the same time.

    Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

    Sincerely yours,
    ACCREDITING COMMISSION INTERNATIONAL

    Dr. John Scheel
    U.S.A. President
    Attached Images  
    *********************************************
      #709
  10. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 9:37am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don, your new avatar scares me. And I enjoyed your post in 709 - but not enough to read it again in 710...could you see your way fit to deleting one? Unless, of course, it was a deliberate act to draw attention to the fact the Mantis either repeats whole posts or significant sections of posts when he gets going...

    Can I apologize to the rest of the site for giving you an excuse to ramble on for 150 posts about nothing and we'll call it even?
    Everyone is responsible for their own behavior, you lying enabler clown man!

    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what are my supremacist views?
    Trying to bring down the wealthy Afro-centric somebody or other, obviously. Yet another example of how you hide your agenda. We can all see it, Don, we all know about your agenda, but you continue to hide it!

    Wait...if we can all see it, I guess you're not really hiding anything...damn. There went a perfectly good counter-accusation.

    Hey, I have an idea - since Mantis is unwilling or unable to provide additional information regarding any of our questions, why don't we let this thread die until the book comes out? Mantis, if you want to start an investigation into Don Gwinn (or anything else), I'd suggest starting a new thread for it.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #710

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.