218358 Bullies, 4859 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 691 to 700 of 1126
Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970 7172737480 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:35pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    To help you out a little bit, the investigative process involves gathering as much relevant information as possible, forming a preliminary hypothesis, and then finding evidence that will substantiate or unsubstantiate that hypothesis. Throughout the entire process, the hypothesis is reviewed, updated, and modified, based on new information. So, no, it does not surprise me that the investigation started with a look at comba-tai's claims of being a 6,000 year old royal lineage but has since included information about ACI and the legitimacy of Jones' degree.
    Thanks, but if you wait, I have something to show you. I am a member and will do nothing to get kicked off this board. I will obey your rules. But you guys are really bad people. I will prove that in my post tonight. I have a lot to gather. If I post now you will say it is incomplete and tear it up. I have learned what I am dealing with. I don't have all the answers, but I have a few.
      #691
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:38pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    Ad Hominem: "childish"

    Red Herring: distracting from quoted argument



    Ad hominem: "Adolescent"

    Emotive Appeal: "destroy a man"

    Misattribution: "your" refers to me, but it wasn't my research, nor is Don Gwinn or anyone else somehow "mine" or related to me. I know none of these people.


    Yes, actually, it was a put down. And the rest of this is an appeal to the crowd.


    It's not preaching. You promised evidence of a 6,000 year history. You have failed, over and over again, to provide it. Even now, the only evidence you're promising tonight is evidence that Don Gwinn, a man I don't know from Adam, is a liar. That doesn't mean anything to me.


    Because proving a negative is an absurd burden. I can't disprove invisible, intangible unicorns in Antarctica, either, which is why the burden is on the person making the claims, not the person disputing them.


    Against me? That'll be interesting. If you mean you'll provide evidence of a 6,000 year history, then I look forward to it. If it's good, scholarly, peer-reviewed and everything, and I'm proved wrong, then I'll welcome it. I'll also wonder what kind of person would keep it from us for this long.


    Well, the only thing I asked for was articles from peer-reviewed scholarly journals (a sentence I am now tired of writing) in the appropriate academic fields that show that Comba-Tai is 6,000 years old. So I'm going to assume that's what you'll give me.
    I told you that I did not have what you want in it's complete form. It will be provided in the future. Don't worry you will be given the opportunity to disprove the African tradition.
      #692
  3. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BFM, thanks for posting that link. It's a permanent bookmark now.

    <Slight derail> Everyone, please take note of http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...68#post1385468. I believe this thread provides a number of applicable examples that could be included.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #693
  4. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 5:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will argue this tonight with concrete evidence, I give you my word.
    Well, I, for one, am totally convinced now.

    Hey, what do you call it when you're putting a worm on a hook and you accidentally swallow a lead sinker?
    Baiting with weighted breath!

    Get it? Get it? You see what I did there? 'Cause I'm waiting with bated breath, but I switched it up and stuff? It's a pun.
    I kill me.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 3/07/2007 5:41pm at .
    *********************************************
      #694
  5. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:38pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I kill me.
    After that pun, I really wish you would.

    Okay, it was actually pretty funny. But only because of the dorky way you explained it.
      #695
  6. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:03am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claims against military systems and religious fervor that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices. And no you can’t just look at an art and determine its effectiveness. But even so, you would be in a better position than someone who has seen nothing.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his lack of respect.


    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    Man I see this is still rolling around, amazing. Oh Mantis thank you for the invitation , if'/when I see I'll be in Vegas I'll surely take you up on that offer . There is a chance I'll be there with my wife this summer and I do love to eat.
    No problem, look forward to seeing you. MississippiRed, I hope you don’t mind if I answer everyone’s post from your post. They are hoping to gang up on me because they are a little nervous about their lack of information. I take this personally because I sent these witch hunters to the Comba-Tai board and they made a fool of us all. I also hope you don’t mind if I break this information up into several post so that it is easier for the readers. I know they make these post to bring discredit to Martial arts which is really disturbing especially when they have very little information to back their claims…at best, they don’t connect the dots properly. But how could they from their computers. So let us begin our journey.

    Let me say first that originally I was considered a researcher until I begin to say positive things about Comba-Tai. I realize one of the issues is 6,000 years. However, anyone who says this is the only issue is putting up a smoke screen as I will point out. Some of these posters are some of the most unscrupulous men I’ve ever come into contact with.

    By the way, I don’t have a complete book on Comba-Tai History in front me, so I can’t give you all the reasoning behind the history.
      #696
  7. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:05am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOW WE ARE HONESTLY SURE THAT DON IS A LIAR

    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    Anyway I'm not going to restate what I've already stated concerning Don and the way he is handling his investigation ( I personally see no disrespect from him for the record) however respect is a very objective topic and varies greatly from person to person regarding what they consider respectful vs. disrespectful and as such debating whether someone is or isn't winds up being pretty much useless.
    Seeing your wisdom and understanding of martial arts I can understand your position on Don, after all he is a respected researcher here. Although I will tell you that you may not know everything about Don. Let me explain. Don is a liar.

    Do you remember this lie.
    [QUOTE] My agenda is to find out whether Comba-Tai is all it's cracked up to be or not. It's a pretty simple agenda, and it's never been hidden. Frankly, I think I've made a pretty good effort to be respectful. I just want straight answers to a few things.

    1. Is Comba-Tai an effective art that does what it claims to do?

    2. Is the history and lineage behind Comba-Tai legitimate?

    3. Are the people who put their time and money into learning Comba-Tai getting good value in return?

    It's pretty straightforward.


    Well he knew the Comba-Tai people hand for sometime been honestly and completely formulating a vigorous defense of their historic claims of a cultural African tradtion in a book. He even claimed that he would reserve his final evaluation until he read the book. (Actually who cared about this evaluation?)

    When every testimonial suggested that Dr. Jones had inspired his students to attend various universities and also engage in pro-social skills to include helping their parents. I guess I should also mention that pioneers in sports Combat were either partially or personally trained by Dr. Jones or his students, it appeared that the time value was answered. It appeared that answers 1 and 3 were answered.

    In fact this was embarrassing for Don, so he had to begin posting ridiculous claims about a person claiming to be an Okinawan Kendo Instructor that agreed Comba-Tai had some value. So he went after this lady to attempt to destroy her Character. You know, that is what they do best here … and it is unfair, because more than not they are wrong. O-Tay, so none of this worked. Grand Master Parham predicted that he would try to pull every stop to destroy Dr. Jones and Comba-Tai. He even attacked his friends like Julio. Dr. Jones friends ignore this guy so the only thing he has left to do is to return to character assassination.



    Case in point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I don't really care if this guy's a Doctor of anything or not, but I just can't quite leave them alone.


    Perhaps you think I am unfairly saying Don is despicable, well look at this lie:


    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Mantis, are you aware that according to Quackwatch, the guy in charge of ACI once granted accreditation to a "college" in Missouri which listed Arnold Ziffel, Eddie Haskell, and the Three Stooges as professors? A college that listed its Marine Biology textbook as "The Little Golden Book of Fishes? Whose Latin motto translated as "Education is For the Birds?"
    So, as usual Don gives dishonest commentary but very funny … no I dare say he just enjoys lying. Ok, yes, I know about ACI, but I never knew it was called IAC, actually it never was. The International Accrediting Commission (IAC) and ACI or two different organizations ran by two different hierarchy of leadership. Don knew this and yet he lied again … yes you did! Oh, wait, I see there is more…



    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    That debacle was the reason he moved his operation to Arkansas and renamed it ACI (Accrediting Commission International.)

    Wait a minute, did you say, “that is why HE?” Isn’t it a lie that George S. Reuter Jr. is the same person that opened ACI. After the sting operation I thought George S. Reuter Jr. retired. Oh wait, he did retire. So you knew that ACI was under completely different management and you posted this anyway. Wow. I guess people are right about you.

    Does Quackwatch have any bias against religious organizations that are not certified by organizations they value? Of course they do. Could that be because Education is big business and some religious institutions have backed away from them? Of course it is! Are all religious institutions legitimate? No. Are all religious educational intuitions diploma mills? No. Diploma mill: An institution of higher education operating without supervision of a state or professional agency and granting diplomas which are either fraudulent or because of the lack of proper standards worthless. Diploma mills (or degree mills) are substandard or fraudulent “colleges” that offer potential students degrees with little or no serious work. Some are simple frauds: a mailbox to which people send money in exchange for paper that purports to be a college degree. Others require some nominal work from the student but do not require college-level course work that is normally required for a degree.


    The fact is ACI is currently an approved/registered/religious program.


    By the way most of the professors that taught Dr. Jones received their Doctoral degrees from graduated from the School of Theology, Claremont, CA.


    The regulated programs listed below are evaluated as Degree granting programs (as defined by Article 8 of the Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education Reform Act), OR Non-Degree granting programs (as defined by Article 6,7 and Article 9 of the Reform Act), OR Registered programs (as defined by Article 9.5 of the Reform Act.), OR Religious Exempt programs (as defined by Section 94739 (b) (6) of the Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education Reform Act.) Please contact the BPPVE if further clarification is required.

    CURRENTLY APPROVED/REGISTERED/RELIGIOUS EXEMPT PROGRAMS:
    (If no programs are listed below, please contact the school for a current catalog of BPPVE-approved and BPPVE-registered programs.)

    Schools with a Religious Exemption are permitted by statute to offer specific degrees with exclusively religious titles approved by the ODA, but they need not meet all state academic standards. To qualify for an exemption, the school must meet requirements in ORS 348.594, as shown in 2005 advance sheets Chapter 546.

    ODA provides this basic outline of how other jurisdictions oversee religious degree-granting colleges. It is true that some exempt schools may provide a good education; others may not. I guess that is true of almost any school. In the California jurisdictions, degree programs undergo an evaluation and approval process identical or nearly identical to the process used for secular colleges.

    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claims against military systems and religious fervor that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices. And no you can’t just look at an art and determine its effectiveness. But even so, you would be in a better position than someone who has seen nothing.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his lack of respect.
      #697
  8. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:06am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claim against a military art that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get, the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.


    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    I just felt the need to try and keep this discussion focused on the main point at least as far as I and I think the majority of posters here are concerned.
    Mississippi Red this is an interesting discussion. Well from my vantage point it appears that everyone thinks information that can be given to invalidate Comba-Tai will in inadvertently invalidated it’s 6,000 year old claims of an African lineage. As you can see there are a number of things Don’s followers say are important but all of them relate to an attempt at preventing anyone from saying a 6,000 year old African Lineage. Again, I don’t have all the information because I don’t have the book, but it appears that there is a sincere hope that they are wrong. As for me, I don’t care, but I think it’s interesting that fair answers have been given at how this will be handled but people just can’t leave it alone.


    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    To me I honestly don't care about testimonials from children or adults affected by Comba-tai or any of it's instructors as I believe Dr. Jones as well as some of his instructors are probably doing good work in the community, I don't care about whether Jones, Parham or anyone else is a good instructor teacher or otherwise (although at some point that question would have to come into play and without actually being there or seeing training that is obviously faulty is hard to answer) .

    • I cared about the testimonials because it showed the youth and their parents valued what was being taught.
    • Also what is taught in a system—from my traditional vantage point—says something about the instructor and curriculum
    • There are video tapes of Parham, Jones and their students that one can see their training.

    While this is not a validation, I think it is a fair statement. At this juncture I must say that there are indeed other agendas—as I’ve demonstrated—that Don’s followers would love to use to discredit Comba-Tai. In fact no one can tell me that they such information, if they had it they would have provided it. All they can do now is taunt until they see the book. However this gives them the opportunity to say someone is ducking their questions because they are hiding something.

    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    The main issue in my mind is the 6000 year history of the art especially as it pertains to Comba-tai's techniques, and specific lineage . So far in what I've read I've honestly not seen anything to lead me to believe the 6000 year unbroken lineage deal. Maybe in very general terms you can connect the dots but when it comes down to specifics the information is lacking. Like I've said before anytime oral history comes into play especially with something generations old it's not enough .
    I am not sure about their 6,000 year history … at worst it is unverifiable, but I don’t think Dr. Jones did this to uplift any community. It wouldn’t make since, after all he affects many different communities. I know this because I’ve talked with him and seen his affect. But some people are going to believe what they want.


    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    I will however buy the book when it comes out however in an effort to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. At this point though to me it simply isn't substantial enough information to convince me.
    I’m not sure that anyone is willing to put their heads on a chopping block to bet it’s absolutely correct. However there are a number of historical views that occurred in the 1980’s that may give weight to his Hypothesis. I don’t have the right to expound on them here, I can only say wait for the book. But some of the internet scholars have said,

    “Mr. Jones and his followers reasoning goes something like " Well wrestling , grappling originated in Egypt. We wrestle and grapple so we have a true lineage to Egypt and are therefore teaching an Egyptian martial art."

    First of all the African Techniques in Comba-Tai are not Egyptian. Secondly long before any of them saw the paintings on the walls of Beni Hassan or knew about African grappling arts, they were engaging in many of the same techniques. While the names are probably different they have the same movement. Dr. Jones asked Michael Silko about techniques his grandfather taught him. Mr. Silko said to him, we practice these techniques today. Silko was from a country in Africa and he practiced an African grappling and weapons system. It came as a pleasant surprise that Silko was able to give Jones the African names of about 50% of his techniques. I guess Jones could be lying, but what would be his pay off.


    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    You did say something that intrigued me a page or two back though when you referred to CT as a "African Christian Vodoo Tradition" So far I've seen nothing that made me believe CT was that, is there other info concerning Vodun as it relates to CT or any of it's traditions as well as any other ATR (African Traditional Religion) as it relates to CT if such ties exist , if not then no biggie. I just found it very interesting that you considered Comba-Tai as such.
    I was being facetious about the dismissive mentality here.
      #698
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:07am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by Michael Bell

    Have you ever heard of Gizirek al Malik (I believe that is the right spelling) ... Dr. Jones has practiced other arts because he loves martial arts and war like customs. But the art with in Comba-Tai (Gizirek al Malik) is purely African ... I've seen it and the idea is taken from a sword and sheild concept.

    (1) This is OK I guess...there is a tiny mistake, not worth mentioning.

    One arm acts like a shield the other acts like a sword (both are used to attack). The kicks are low to the knees and ankles, they look more like stumps. He avoids the opponent while simultaneously hitting him in the eyes throat and groin (primary targets) with maximum power.

    (2) Really? You need maxum power to hit these areas? Attack is seldom, it more like a stop hit.


    The eyes are gauged with the fingers the throat and struck at the adams apple and the groin is stuck as well. The Gizirek al Malik Fighter moves in a circle again striking with low stumps and strikes using the arms hands and elbows and head buts. It looks more like someone fighting in a world wind, it is beautiful.

    (3) I think it is more like a controlled swirl. Typically in Gizirek al Malik the neck struck to create a vassal Vagal response.

    There is also something called the Harka, the fist is clasped in such a way that it can rip flesh and break bone, mostly the collar bone, mandible and skull.

    (4) I think this is a description of the Mantis fist not Harka as I understand it.

    There is another technique called the Umtego in which the waist or belt is grabbed and the person is swept off their feet by kicking the legs.

    (5) I think this is a good description of the Umtego.

    There is another technique called rolling thunder (not sure what the African name is) in which the opponent is struck with the forearms, fists and eye guges as the fighter spins while his opponent instep and ankles are being broken by vicious heel stumps to the instep and ankles while simultaneously kicking to the groin.

    (6) Rolling thunder has nothing to do with kicks to my knowlege.
    There are throws as well as knife fighting and stick fighting called the Nebot in Gizirek al Malik. There is some wrestling of sorts also.

    There is no stick fighting called the nebot. Nebot is a stick.


    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claim against a military art that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get, the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.
      #699
  10. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 12:07am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Counter - An experienced martial artist can make reasonable judgments about someone else's level of skill or expertise. Although first hand experience is effective, informed judgments can be drawn from video clips and other media. This may not stand alone as conclusive proof of anything, but it can be a factor that raises the red flag of bullshido.

    Rebuttal: You can’t tell any thing by video clips. Well, unless you are an experience martial artist.

    Bullshidoka Argument #2 - Questioning the ability of posters here to make informed judgments.

    Counter - Similar to the counter for argument #1. The presence of skilled practioners of a variety of styles is one of Bullshido.net's greatest assests. That said, you don't have to be able to sing to identify someone who can't (American Idol, anyone?).

    Rebuttal: But at least you should have heard them sing. Also, often what novices say is good, experience says otherwise.

    Bullshidoka Argument #3 - Refusal to provide information because people were not polite.
    This argument also sets the stage for a future refusal to provide information even to a polite request - the Bullshidoka need merely say, "I am not providing information to any of you because you were mean to me."

    Counter - Subtance over form. If the person is willing and able to provide information that would help prove their point, it is reasonable to assume that they would do so in most situations.

    Rebuttal: Understandable opinion coming from someone as disrespectful as you. People give free information because they want to. If they are insulted they probably will not, after all, why should they.

    Bullshidoka Argument #4 - Claims that the investigation has gone beyond its original purpose. For example, a man who claims an impressive but unverified tournament record is also found to have claimed military or law enforcement experience, but the subject or his supporters get upset because that wasn't the original point of the investigation.

    Counter - The investigative process involves gathering as much relevant information as possible, forming a preliminary hypothesis, and then finding evidence that will substantiate or unsubstantiate that hypothesis. Throughout the entire process, the hypothesis is reviewed, updated, and modified, based on new information. Supplemental information may be relevant to the hypothesis that the person has lied about or misrepresented parts of his history to bolster his own authority (usually as it relates to MA).

    Rebuttal: Possibly. However it may be that you could not prove a point and needed to go after other information to win your argument. Especially if you perceive you are losing.

    Bullshidoka Argument #5 - Makes a number of suggestions about additional questions which are not relevant to the issues at hand. Takes the position that a lack of interest in following up irrelevant information reveals an intentional double-standard in the investigative process. The "suggestions" can also be accusatory - "Why didn't you ask Jane if Jack's karate made him a better family man?"

    Counter - Simple explanation about why that line of questions isn't relevant.

    Rebuttle – Information should be given to Bullshido when the person fills like giving it. No one should fill like they are being bullied into giving anything.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    DEFINITION: DISRESPECTFUL CLOWN
    Quote Originally Posted by DON
    But taking judo and boxing together and then pretending it's a 6,000 year old African martial art is dishonest. That is what it appears, at the moment, that Dr. Jones has done. Frankly their religious fervor is a little unsettling, too. Still, if they're as woo-woo as Aikido or the Chi weirdos, but they actually train to fight and compete in full-contact mma, then that puts them at least one rung above those Aikidoka, doesn't it?
    I will counter by saying that it is a little unsettling when an untrained clown likes this can make a claim against a military art that he is totally ignorant of… (“woo-woo as Aikido”)… By the looks of it, he is totally ignorant of the art he practices.
    He pretended to be a martial artist on the Comba-Tai site, but this is what they found, and yes it is embarrassing. The Older I get, the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do:
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 What in the Hell--Surly thou jests. This jester had a made up face until we found this site.
    It’s easy to sound like superman from behind your computer screen (A clown is one with a made up face.) Also I am very disturbed that he thinks he can evaluate a martial art based on his pathetic understanding of movement and combat. Lastly he hasn’t respected his body enough in all his years on this blue globe to discipline it away from its adipose destruction, yet he has the audacity to belittle others. By definition this is highly disrespectful and insulting…and I won’t stop saying it. He owes the martial art world an apology for his supremacist views.
      #700

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.