224994 Bullies, 3740 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 681 to 690 of 1126
Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869 7071727379 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:33pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    Our standards are high, but they're fair, and we've repeated them several times: articles in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals of the appropriate academic fields.

    Indeed? I will argue against your childish antics to destroy a man based on your Adolescents research. This is not a put down, but you know I’m right…so say what you want. Stop the preaching :XXbirdman ... you haven't provided any evidence against Comba-Tai or Dr. Jones. But tonight, I will provide evidence against you. I didn’t want to go their, but you asked for it. Want to see it, here it goes.
      #681
  2. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Indeed? I will argue against your childish antics to destroy a man based on your Adolescents research. This is not a put down, but you know I’m right…so say what you want. Stop the preaching :XXbirdman ... you haven't provided any evidence against Comba-Tai or Dr. Jones. But tonight, I will provide evidence against you. I didn’t want to go their, but you asked for it. Want to see it, here it goes.
    Excellent Christian response I am sure Jesus would be proud ,

    This evidence you say is ground breaking . Where is it ?

    I will point out again that Combat Tai is making the claims of a 6,000 year history and lineage , it is up to them (you) to provide the evidence that the claim is true , not the other way around .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #682
  3. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should stop while you are behind a little.
    Please answer the question, Mantis. Don't try to dodge it. I'm asking in an attempt to understand your position - you hold up something that I (as a professional investigator) believe is a part of the investigative process and say that it is indicative of desperation. So, please answer the question and provide whatever explanation you deem necessary.

    Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #683
  4. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:43pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    looking at the similarities between native american tribal history and european history (pre-contact) to see how a number of things, including ideas and stories, can arise without interdependent collaboration. Examples include the swastika, some myths (a great flood and several resurrection stories), et cetera.
    Come-on, you are babbling, there are a number of competing theories. You will need to stick to the evidence provided and there we can argue unity proper. By the way you guys don't get angry and don't say I'm dodging if I don't answer all your questions by tonight. I will try to answer the major questions.

    OneLost, if you want me to answer this question give me the specifics and stop preaching ... you are confusing me.
      #684
  5. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:51pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonight I will prove to everyone beyond a shadow of a doubt that your DON is dishonest at best. If I can not prove this, I will stop posting here and ask forgiveness and get on the next plane to China. I will answer his post that by the way was not a question; it was a part of his ministry against Comba-Tai.

    Also Mississippi Red, good to hear from you, I will answer your post as well. I appreciate your honesty, I agree with most of it. However I will post some things about Don That I don’t think you know. At that point we all will be able to see how honest his followers are.

    PLEASE STAY TUNED.
    I can't wait. Is this going to be the thing about goats? Because I think everyone who knows about that is dead, but it was a very large orphanage.
    *********************************************
      #685
  6. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:51pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Please answer the question, Mantis. Don't try to dodge it. I'm asking in an attempt to understand your position - you hold up something that I (as a professional investigator) believe is a part of the investigative process and say that it is indicative of desperation. So, please answer the question and provide whatever explanation you deem necessary.

    Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?

    OK, I do appreciate the way you asked this question. Thank you. First I don't think there was a thorough investigation there were at least three mistakes. I’m not sure if they were on purpose … I don’t want to seem dishonest myself. The evidence seems to lean in one direction, when in reality there are more questions and evidence to be given on both sides of the coin. Also it was strange how the evidence moved against the person once Comba-Tai could not be discredited. I will argue this tonight with concrete evidence, I give you my word. It will take time, I have to go back threw other post…there are a lot of those. I will not answer all your questions right now; it will take a bit of time as you will see.

    But thanks for the question, for the first time I feel like what you asked was about being truly honest in your investigation.
      #686
  7. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will need to stick to the evidence provided and there we can argue unity proper.
    You can't honestly expect me to limit my arguments to evidence you've provided, unless you're unwilling to admit the potential legitimacy of contradictory evidence.

    I wasn't asking you if you thought there was a thorough investigation. I wasn't asking you about mistakes, intentional or not. Yet again, I was asking if you recognized the "ACI thing" as part of the investigative process or not. I'll ask again:

    Do you believe that the ACI thing is relevant to the claims that have been made? If you do, do you recognize how that is part of the investigative process (ie, a claim was made, therefore it was investigated)?

    To use the original phrasing of the same question:
    Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?

    I can almost promise you, Mantis, that people here will be much more polite if you actually start providing answers to some of our questions rather than string us along by promising answers at a later date or time. Secondly, there "was" no thorough investigation because it's still on-going. We're waiting for someone to publish a book or for you to provide answers to certain questions. At this point (in my mind, at least), there are no conclusions, only hypotheses.

    To help you out a little bit, the investigative process involves gathering as much relevant information as possible, forming a preliminary hypothesis, and then finding evidence that will substantiate or unsubstantiate that hypothesis. Throughout the entire process, the hypothesis is reviewed, updated, and modified, based on new information. So, no, it does not surprise me that the investigation started with a look at comba-tai's claims of being a 6,000 year old royal lineage but has since included information about ACI and the legitimacy of Jones' degree.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #687
  8. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:19pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I will argue against your childish antics
    Ad Hominem: "childish"

    Red Herring: distracting from quoted argument

    to destroy a man based on your Adolescents research.
    Ad hominem: "Adolescent"

    Emotive Appeal: "destroy a man"

    Misattribution: "your" refers to me, but it wasn't my research, nor is Don Gwinn or anyone else somehow "mine" or related to me. I know none of these people.

    This is not a put down, but you know I’m right…so say what you want.
    Yes, actually, it was a put down. And the rest of this is an appeal to the crowd.

    Stop the preaching
    It's not preaching. You promised evidence of a 6,000 year history. You have failed, over and over again, to provide it. Even now, the only evidence you're promising tonight is evidence that Don Gwinn, a man I don't know from Adam, is a liar. That doesn't mean anything to me.

    you haven't provided any evidence against Comba-Tai or Dr. Jones.
    Because proving a negative is an absurd burden. I can't disprove invisible, intangible unicorns in Antarctica, either, which is why the burden is on the person making the claims, not the person disputing them.

    But tonight, I will provide evidence against you.
    Against me? That'll be interesting. If you mean you'll provide evidence of a 6,000 year history, then I look forward to it. If it's good, scholarly, peer-reviewed and everything, and I'm proved wrong, then I'll welcome it. I'll also wonder what kind of person would keep it from us for this long.

    I didn’t want to go their, but you asked for it. Want to see it, here it goes.
    Well, the only thing I asked for was articles from peer-reviewed scholarly journals (a sentence I am now tired of writing) in the appropriate academic fields that show that Comba-Tai is 6,000 years old. So I'm going to assume that's what you'll give me.
    Last edited by kohadril; 3/07/2007 3:28pm at .
      #688
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,976

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:23pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, mantis you have no proof right?

    What I have seen you do is exactly what other investigations have led to....name calling.

    I would say as we got closer to the truth (credentials, college degrees, schools) accusations, name calling, and lies have become the norm for you.

    The straw man is alive and kicking.
    Red Herring is still swimming about strong as ever.


    Are you going to provide the evidence or not. Right now I believe you don't have definitive proof.

    Why?

    I'm watching you justify name calling and group accusations as a debate skill. Yes, I have read and helped on a few investigations. The ones that turn out like this end up with the person begging us to ask for information than saying "NO you are mean."

    They then spend the rest of the time trying to refute the allegations point by point. This happens because people keep discovering more and more information on their own.

    Normally, the invastigated person provides no proof to the contrary except words..

    This is you.
      #689
  10. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 3:30pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    So, mantis you have no proof right?

    What I have seen you do is exactly what other investigations have led to....name calling.

    I would say as we got closer to the truth (credentials, college degrees, schools) accusations, name calling, and lies have become the norm for you.

    The straw man is alive and kicking.
    Red Herring is still swimming about strong as ever.


    Are you going to provide the evidence or not. Right now I believe you don't have definitive proof.

    Why?

    I'm watching you justify name calling and group accusations as a debate skill. Yes, I have read and helped on a few investigations. The ones that turn out like this end up with the person begging us to ask for information than saying "NO you are mean."

    They then spend the rest of the time trying to refute the allegations point by point. This happens because people keep discovering more and more information on their own.

    Normally, the invastigated person provides no proof to the contrary except words..

    This is you.
    We will see if I am blowing smoke tonight. :biggrin:
      #690

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.