222074 Bullies, 4166 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 671 to 680 of 1126
Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768 6970717278 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:21pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Your definition of 'desperate' and mine are obviously not compatible. Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?

    If you're feeling overwhelmed by people asking questions here, I suggest a couple of things
    1 - Start providing actual answers. I don't believe you've done that yet.
    2 - Invite some people who will provide answers to come over from the comba-tai boards. Please don't devalue their ability to make decisions for themselves by saying we're too rude and uncouth for them - I'm sure they are adults who can make choices like whether or not to review this thread to see if they have something to add without you running interference for them.

    Your entire third paragraph in post #666, by the way, is called a strawman argument. You've created a position that is easy for you to defend (because it is rather silly) and then attributed that argument to us. No one here said "everything he has done is dishonest" or that he should close every comba-tai school and to imply that we have only demeans us and denigrates our questions. Of course, you see nothing wrong with demeaning us and denigrating our questions, so I guess it's a win-win scenario for you.

    I also feel compelled to point out that your behavior, demeaning us by calling us lackeys of Don Gwinn and devaluing our questions by mocking them and foisting strawman arguments, is exactly the kind of rude, disrespectful behavior that you claim got Don Gwinn banned from the comba-tai boards. It also seems rather hypocritcal, since you were the one demanding to be asked politely to provide information. You were asked politely and still haven't provided the requested information.

    You're doing a lot of talking, Mantis, but you're not really saying anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    If you're feeling overwhelmed by people asking questions here...
    No, there aren’t that many questions. It seems like everyone has a degree in ministry. All I hear is a lot of preaching as in this post. I love coming here and kicking you Asses...:qright1: You can't see the obvious because you are to emotionally connected to taking the wealthy Afrocentric Comba-Tai Empire Down. I love you guys...you are always setting yourselves up.
      #671
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:25pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    This is not an argument, nor is it particularly glib. This isn't even an attempt at a response to the criticisms of the school in question. .
    So, we have another preacher on board. Sir, you did not read my post. I said I would have to answer it completely tonight. Relax. You may be correct, perhaps I will say that Dr. Jone is creating a cult of Sad MMA Fighters who have a vision of one day taking over the world.


    [/QUOTE]It's a good thing, too, since none of us apparently have the amount of time that you do for this. It seems like you're the one person investing the most time in this thread at this point, and I think that says something about your level of desperation.[/QUOTE]

    Obviously you have selective memory loss. Man, you are fuuuuunnnnnnnnnny.
    .
      #672
  3. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:32pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonight I will prove to everyone beyond a shadow of a doubt that your DON is dishonest at best. If I can not prove this, I will stop posting here and ask forgiveness and get on the next plane to China. I will answer his post that by the way was not a question; it was a part of his ministry against Comba-Tai.

    Also Mississippi Red, good to hear from you, I will answer your post as well. I appreciate your honesty, I agree with most of it. However I will post some things about Don That I don’t think you know. At that point we all will be able to see how honest his followers are.

    PLEASE STAY TUNED.
      #673
  4. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm stumbling my way through it now. The grammar errors are appalling. Was this paper actually published?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #674
  5. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:36pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I love coming here and kicking you Asses.
    Are you eleven years old? Because this is a distinctly pre-teen taunt.

    Our standards are high, but they're fair, and we've repeated them several times: articles in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals of the appropriate academic fields. Until you produce this, you can say that you're kicking our asses all you want, but it won't magically enhance the piss-poor unsupported arguments you've made, nor will it cause the evidence we asked for to fall out of thin air. And it's not going to convince any impartial reader of this board that you're anything more than the rhetorical ass-clown you've shown yourself to be.

    I'm done asking nicely. Put up or shut up. Give us the evidence.
    Last edited by kohadril; 3/07/2007 1:38pm at .
      #675
  6. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonight I will prove to everyone beyond a shadow of a doubt that your DON is dishonest at best.
    Based on your definition of dishonest or the objective one? You've presented evidence that you felt proved this point before, remember. Yet again, you pop up here long enough to say only that you will present your argument at a later time.

    No, there aren’t that many questions. It seems like everyone has a degree in ministry. All I hear is a lot of preaching as in this post.
    Yet again, you manage to toss out insults and avoid answering any questions. Let me restate my most recent ones:

    Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?

    By the way, pretending that you are in control of a situation (the kicking "you" asses and how we set ourselves up) is a pointless display of chest-thumping. The best defense might be a strong offense, but you've failed to convince anyone (including yourself, I think) that your points have been argued rationally and well.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #676
  7. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:03pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a running reaction to the paper thus far:
    When we research trade routs and interactions among humans we
    find that seldom is anything developed independently.
    That may be true, but if one researchs civilizations that developed independent of trade routes and interactions with each other, like that found on many of the pacific islands, one can observe a series of similar developments that do occur without such cross-culture contact. Examples would include farming practices, division of labor and development of specialities with growing populations, and the rise of a caste system dependent (against dependent on growing populations). Read Guns, Germs, and Steel for more information about that, and than I'd suggest looking at the similarities between native american tribal history and european history (pre-contact) to see how a number of things, including ideas and stories, can arise without interdependent collaboration. Examples include the swastika, some myths (a great flood and several resurrection stories), et cetera.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #677
  8. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:24pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Posting the pdf here to prevent dead link issues.
    Mantis had to have written this verbose , condescending , biased , article that is pretending to be a research paper .
    Hell the opening paragraph shows it is not historically accurate and wonders into the real of fiction .
    The contents to follow transcend the simple boundaries of
    martial lore and history to weave a majestic tapestry
    in which we will face our darkest
    prejudices and entertain the most glorious possibilities of human potential.
    I think this paper hits everything on this list ... I cant say for sure I am only on the 11th page .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #678
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:28pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?
    You should stop while you are behind a little.
      #679
  10. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    You should stop while you are behind a little.
    You are dodging the question while pretending to have a superior position . Please stop trolling and answer the question directly .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #680

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.