223815 Bullies, 3948 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 661 to 670 of 1126
Page 67 of 113 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667 6869707177 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:13am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mantis, are you aware that according to Quackwatch, the guy in charge of ACI once granted accreditation to a "college" in Missouri which listed Arnold Ziffel, Eddie Haskell, and the Three Stooges as professors? A college that listed its Marine Biology textbook as "The Little Golden Book of Fishes? Whose Latin motto translated as "Education is For the Birds?"
    That debacle was the reason he moved his operation to Arkansas and renamed it ACI (Accrediting Commission International.) It may not be a CRIME to grant degrees using accreditation from such a shyster, but it is NOT legitimate nor is it honest.

    It is also not recognized by anyone but other "colleges" accredited by the same shyster.
    Great Moments in Accreditation:
    The Case of IAC, ACI, and The Three Stooges
    *********************************************
      #661
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:13am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Mantis, are you aware that according to Quackwatch, the guy in charge of ACI once granted accreditation to a "college" in Missouri which listed Arnold Ziffel, Eddie Haskell, and the Three Stooges as professors? A college that listed its Marine Biology textbook as "The Little Golden Book of Fishes? Whose Latin motto translated as "Education is For the Birds?"
    That debacle was the reason he moved his operation to Arkansas and renamed it ACI (Accrediting Commission International.) It may not be a CRIME to grant degrees using accreditation from such a shyster, but it is NOT legitimate nor is it honest.

    It is also not recognized by anyone but other "colleges" accredited by the same shyster.
    Great Moments in Accreditation:
    The Case of IAC, ACI, and The Three Stooges

    You are funny! I don't have time to address this right now, but I will say you proved what I was trying to say about you, i.e. you are Desperate! I will answer this and the other questions tonight. Rest assured; I am pretty certain you will never be able to discredit Dr. Jones. And you have not shown he is dishonest.

    You and I will argue for the next 6,000 years and the result will be the same, you are dishonest and Comba-Tai will be 12,000 years old. And yes, I did know about the ACI allegation. Get back at you later. :walk:
    Last edited by Mantis; 3/07/2007 9:15am at . Reason: word
      #662
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:41am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    And yes, I did know about the ACI allegation. Get back at you later. :walk:
    This says a lot about your dishonesty. You took people to tasks for doubting his credentials and look what turns up.

    It explains your multiple rants about his degree not being an issue. See, this is your fault.
      #663
  4. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Bestest Friend Don
    On the other hand, posting links to words that don't exist is harder than it sounds.
    That's not true at all. I did it, and I'm still waiting for my $100, slacker.

    I don't have time to address this right now, but I will say you proved what I was trying to say about you, i.e. you are Desperate!
    You misunderstand a thorough investigation for desperation. You made a point about Jones' degree, someone investigated the details of the accredidation and turned up a story that would essentially invalidate the legitimacy of the degree. I'm not sure if Jones is unaware of this, but I deem it unlikely. If he is aware of it, well, it's easy to convince yourself of something you want to believe - I worked hard for my degree, I had the life experiences to earn it, a little matter like accredidation shouldn't get in the way of the effort I've put it, it's rightfully mine. That's the same logic used by people to purchase degrees from degree mills, but I digress.

    If you knew about the ACI thing, why didn't you admit that up front? Let me give you a hint - you would get a lot more traction from us if you would present your relevant knowledge in a clear, concise manner. It should have been easy to anticipate that someone on here would have figured out the "ACI thing" - if I was the one defending Jones/comba-tai, I would lay out my own weaknesses first and then contribute evidence to bolster those weaknesses (a proactive defense, if you will).
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #664
  5. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:43am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    You misunderstand a thorough investigation for desperation. .

    Ok, I'm back for a second. No siiiir, I did not misunderstand. This is a desperate attempt. But when you are desperate it is all so difficult to see the obvious.

    There are a lot of people that are tag teaming in, so I have a lot answer Ö I canít do it all now.

    By the way, if Dr. Jones is dishonest, he should be broadcasted on the largest information exchange in history and all of his schools should be closed. And if he is dishonest everything heís said comes into question. Perhaps he has taken money for fooling children and their families about his African Tradition. And perhaps he accepted a D.Min. Degree from an unaccredited agency who used picture text books so he could poke his chest out and demand to be called Doctor. In fact perhaps all of his students are covering for him and he really thinks of education is a joke as well as martial arts. If Don is right, Dr. Alonzo M. Jones should close Comba-Tai, because everything he has done is dishonest.

    O-Tay, I will let you all pray that all these conjectures are true until I return tonight. Stay ToneÖitís not over by a long shot.
      #665
  6. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:00am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your definition of 'desperate' and mine are obviously not compatible. Are you saying that a thorough investigation would NOT have included checking on the accredation issue?

    If you're feeling overwhelmed by people asking questions here, I suggest a couple of things
    1 - Start providing actual answers. I don't believe you've done that yet.
    2 - Invite some people who will provide answers to come over from the comba-tai boards. Please don't devalue their ability to make decisions for themselves by saying we're too rude and uncouth for them - I'm sure they are adults who can make choices like whether or not to review this thread to see if they have something to add without you running interference for them.

    Your entire third paragraph in post #666, by the way, is called a strawman argument. You've created a position that is easy for you to defend (because it is rather silly) and then attributed that argument to us. No one here said "everything he has done is dishonest" or that he should close every comba-tai school and to imply that we have only demeans us and denigrates our questions. Of course, you see nothing wrong with demeaning us and denigrating our questions, so I guess it's a win-win scenario for you.

    I also feel compelled to point out that your behavior, demeaning us by calling us lackeys of Don Gwinn and devaluing our questions by mocking them and foisting strawman arguments, is exactly the kind of rude, disrespectful behavior that you claim got Don Gwinn banned from the comba-tai boards. It also seems rather hypocritcal, since you were the one demanding to be asked politely to provide information. You were asked politely and still haven't provided the requested information.

    You're doing a lot of talking, Mantis, but you're not really saying anything.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #666
  7. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:16am


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Ok, I'm back for a second. No siiiir, I did not misunderstand. This is a desperate attempt. But when you are desperate it is all so difficult to see the obvious.
    This is not an argument, nor is it particularly glib. This isn't even an attempt at a response to the criticisms of the school in question. You keep telling us that the legitimacy of Comba-Tai is obvious, before admitting you don't have the information we're looking for. You have failed to substantively address any of our criticisms. Your entire strategy seems to involve stalling and dragging out this thread. So I will ask you again: Provide us with articles in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals of archaeology, anthropology, history, etc. that back up the claims of Comba-Tai advocates. Until you do this, we will assume, and have every right to assume, that anything this contrary to the established history of the martial arts is made up.

    There are a lot of people that are tag teaming in, so I have a lot answer Ö I canít do it all now.
    It's a good thing, too, since none of us apparently have the amount of time that you do for this. It seems like you're the one person investing the most time in this thread at this point, and I think that says something about your level of desperation.
      #667
  8. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:05pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those of you interested enough, there's a paper posted at blacfoundation.org, written by Alonzo Jones, about Comba-Tai. It's rather long, and includes several endnotes. However, these endnotes are not references to scholarly or peer-reviewed work. He also provides a lengthy "lineage" section at the end, claiming that this represents the product of his research, but he provides no citations or support for any of that information. You can find the paper here: http://www.blacfoundation.org/comba-tai.pdf.

    It's pretty long, and it makes a lot of claims. If Mantis won't give us anything to verify or falsify, maybe we can find something here.
      #668
  9. Locu5 is offline
    Locu5's Avatar

    Zombie Herald

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,786

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posting the pdf here to prevent dead link issues.
      #669
  10. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:15pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Locu5.
      #670

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.