218357 Bullies, 5120 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 651 to 660 of 1126
Page 66 of 113 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566 6768697076 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 11:02am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    It is awesome that you take this time to address my comments . I am sure this partially because you feel as if I may be the weakest link . You are right if this is your assumption . I am not all that eloquent nor am I all that literate .



    He ( above bolded ) ? I am assuming you are still speaking of Don .If so I don't see were he made assertions or assumptions that were wrong . I know none of my questions were answered through out this thread . I have been keeping abreast of this thread and I honestly can't remember Don making any that assumptions that any sane person would make . Much less any that were contested then corrected with information contrary .Can you please point out the assumptions and assertions that were so wrong and biased ?

    "We" ? Who exactly is "we" in the bolded text .

    Just to be clear ... if you make a claim . You back up it up .

    Again you are calling someone a liar (with text above in red) . I am again assuming you are speaking of Don and the questions he has asked . I then ask you quote or link me to the posts that were lies . As for continuing to pretend that Don was anything but nice on the C-boards ... is just silly . People can go look themselves and see how has handled himself . As long as the posts remain unedited or altered .



    Well the CT people are selling something . Martial Arts classes and more than likely MA products on a local level . That is assuming the CT really do spar and use the proper protective gear which they would help provide to their students .

    Odd you seem to be going from "I" to "we" to "they" quite often and you seem very defensive and offended because Don was asking questions and asking for sources .


    Either it has been known for some time or it has been recently uncovered . So I am confused as to the above quote .

    Not true at all . There are only so many ways one can generate power and retain a good base or root . A large number of humans have two arms , two legs , a neck , and a head that are mostly put together the same way . So it would make sense that MA's would over lap in their knowledge and techniques when you try to achieve those two main goals .


    Why did you put this in here ? I see nothing that can backed up or anything new . Secret sources and old letters from the Civil War detailing more unknown info that was "discovered" again in the 1930's . Where did the Civil War letters go ? Why were they not documented or accepted as documentation before what ever evidence was presented in the 30's that made what ever point you are trying to make valid ?

    If you can't tell you need to fill in some facts and dumb it down for those of us who get hit in the head too often .

    Who what when ?

    The "man" you are speaking of is Mr. Jones (in green above) ? Are him and his (above in yellow) the same person ? Or is "him" a reference to Don ? Because Don has just been asking questions and has nothing to lose nor a pony in this race .

    Actually yes , the issue is "the questionable history of a martial art" Combat Tai's claim to be 6,000 years old . So I do not believe you understand the concerns I myself hold and I doubt you understand the mindset of others based on your interaction with them on this thread .

    I guess a book plug is fitting at this point in the thread . Any word on when this evidence and when it will be revealed ?
    I do not consider you the weakest link; I answered your questions as I did others because you were respectful, in my opinion.


    I canít answer all this now, I donít have the time. I know enough about Comba-Tai history to know I donít know everything. I have asked questions and have read documents and so on.


    Don was given answers on the Comba-Tai threadóall the answers to his questions were answered. Some of the answers he liked others he did not. My problem is when he didnít like the answers he maliciously tried to destroy anyone and I mean anyone who thought Comba-Tai had some moral merit. He did this by ignoring almost all the testimonies from students. And then he posts this emotional pleas for his own agenda. It was embarrassing. He was banned by the Comba-Tai leadership for this reason. Grand Master Parham was trying to answer all his questions, but he wasted his time trying to find ways to disrespect his instructor. My embarrassment is that I believed in him enough to ask him to go to the site and ask about their MMA, History and Social stuff. However he prejudged them as I demonstrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Not true at all . There are only so many ways one can generate power and retain a good base or root . A large number of humans have two arms , two legs , a neck , and a head that are mostly put together the same way . So it would make sense that MA's would over lap in their knowledge and techniques when you try to achieve those two main goals .
    Again there are only so many ways the human body can work but the style in which we engage in that work is everything. Take for instance boxing, you can recognize who coached a boxer by the boxers style. While he is still boxing, there are some major differences that are like day and night. I mean to say the variants or the way in which you use your arms and legs are the key in this conversation. Comba-Taiís traditional techniques, at least from my perspective and meager research could have only been taught by someone who understood African Systems of Boxing and Wrestling. This was recently verified by an African Scholar, but it has been supported by other Africans. All this will be documented in the book. I am not qualified to interpret the data, but the book will allow all of you to make your own judgment.




    No you are wrong, as Don was. You can ask anyone who knows Jones, he buys all the students equipment and the students are not required to wear a uniform. But his students verified this; while it is unbelievable I know, it is a mute point now. He doesnít sell rank and nor does he sell certificates, all these are provided out of his own pocket. But who cares this still does not prove the 6,000 year old history that he believes relates to all mankind. More preposterous than this, he believes our common origin means we have a responsibility to help each other. Perhaps someone can call him (his number is on this site) and show him the error of his ways. I only respect that what he believes he tries to use it for good. I know that many of you have good points why he shouldnít believe what he believes based on the evidence he has.

    Lastly I hope what you want to see about the supposed 6,000 year history is detailed enough for you when the book comes out. Iíve done my best here, but I know enough to know when I donít know enough.
      #651
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 11:09am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Mantis, to switch subjects just a little bit, please explain what you meant in the following quote:

    .
    Mantis, to switch subjects just a little bit, please explain what you meant in the following quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mantis
    ...often when people are hit in certain areas it will paralyze them in a general while perhaps not a literal since.

    As I understand it, If you hit someone on the button (chin), Sternal Notch, Under Lower Rip, Carotid Artery (Vasal Vegal), simultaneous strikes to the throat and solar plexus, etc they will often stop moving for a bit. That is what I met by paralyze them in general.

    Sorry I missed your question.
      #652
  3. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 11:20am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you.

    when he didnít like the answers he maliciously tried to destroy anyone and I mean anyone who thought Comba-Tai had some moral merit.
    Strawman. I don't believe anyone is arguing the "moral merit" of Comba-Tai except you. The issue in question is the 6,000 year old history and, potentially, the authenticity of the influence of African MAs.

    Comba-Taiís traditional techniques, at least from my perspective and meager research could have only been taught by someone who understood African Systems of Boxing and Wrestling. This was recently verified by an African Scholar, but it has been supported by other Africans.
    Please elaborate with examples. Who was the scholar and where can I find his research? Were the other Africans qualified to make such a judgment?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #653
  4. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 11:24am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need to leave, but I will try to answer any question I can. While I am not the best representative I do respect their work with various communities.
      #654
  5. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 11:37am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Thank you.


    Strawman. I don't believe anyone is arguing the "moral merit" of Comba-Tai except you. The issue in question is the 6,000 year old history and, potentially, the authenticity of the influence of African MAs.


    Please elaborate with examples. Who was the scholar and where can I find his research? Were the other Africans qualified to make such a judgment?

    Strawman. I don't believe anyone is arguing the "moral merit" of Comba-Tai except you. .[/QUOTE]

    I donít know why you said thisÖ it is not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Please elaborate with examples. Who was the scholar and where can I find his research? Were the other Africans qualified to make such a judgment?

    The African I was speaking of lived in an area where they practiced an AFrican martial art. Was he qualified, once you have all the evidence you can draw your own conclusions.

    The scholar I was referring to has written papers or books on African Martial arts. I will get his link or book for you. I believe the link was listed on this thread several times. Sorry, I don't have anymore time.
      #655
  6. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 12:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mantis, if I had a $ for every time you've written, "I don't have time to write right now," I'd be able to buy myself a decent lunch.
    I donít know why you said thisÖ it is not true.
    Who argued the moral merits of comba-tai? I said that because you have a tendency to use strawman logical arguments - you attack an argument that someone never made so as to appear more credible.

    The African I was speaking of lived in an area where they practiced an AFrican martial art. Was he qualified, once you have all the evidence you can draw your own conclusions.
    The argument African MAs are practiced in Africa and this guy lived in Africa is not valid. I live in an area where people take their trucks 'mudding' and others do research in a labratory with the world's most powerful magnet - I am not qualifed to make knowledgable statements about either one. If there is more to your argument than this, please explain it.

    The scholar I was referring to has written papers or books on African Martial arts. I will get his link or book for you. I believe the link was listed on this thread several times. Sorry, I don't have anymore time.
    I'd appreciate it.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #656
  7. MississippiRed is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara CA
    Posts
    165

    Posted On:
    3/05/2007 5:43pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man I see this is still rolling around, amazing. Oh Mantis thank you for the invitation , if'/when I see I'll be in Vegas I'll surely take you up on that offer . There is a chance I'll be there with my wife this summer and I do love to eat.

    Anyway I'm not going to restate what I've already stated concerning Don and the way he is handling his investigation ( I personally see no disrespect from him for the record) however respect is a very objective topic and varies greatly from person to person regarding what they consider respectful vs. disrespectful and as such debating whether someone is or isn't winds up being pretty much useless.

    I just felt the need to try and keep this discussion focused on the main point at least as far as I and I think the majority of posters here are concerned.

    To me I honestly don't care about testimonials from children or adults affected by Comba-tai or any of it's instructors as I believe Dr. Jones as well as some of his instructors are probably doing good work in the community, I don't care about whether Jones, Parham or anyone else is a good instructor teacher or otherwise (although at some point that question would have to come into play and without actually being there or seeing training that is obviously faulty is hard to answer) .

    The main issue in my mind is the 6000 year history of the art especially as it pertains to Comba-tai's techniques, and specific lineage . So far in what I've read I've honestly not seen anything to lead me to believe the 6000 year unbroken lineage deal. Maybe in very general terms you can connect the dots but when it comes down to specifics the information is lacking. Like I've said before anytime oral history comes into play especially with something generations old it's not enough .

    I will however buy the book when it comes out however in an effort to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. At this point though to me it simply isn't substantial enough information to convince me.

    You did say something that intrigued me a page or two back though when you referred to CT as a "African Christian Vodoo Tradition" So far I've seen nothing that made me believe CT was that, is there other info concerning Vodun as it relates to CT or any of it's traditions as well as any other ATR (African Traditional Religion) as it relates to CT if such ties exist , if not then no biggie. I just found it very interesting that you considered Comba-Tai as such.


    Oh thanks for the link to the Steele Cage deal I hope he has some real success with that can't wait until they get some events going. .




    MississippiRed
      #657
  8. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:37am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But based on where and how he's clamed his D.Min. it is not against the Law.
    No, it's not technically illegal, at least in California. That doesn't make it legitimate.
    Since you've drawn a distinction between his D.Min and his Ph.D, where was the Ph.D from? You said UCLA at one point, didn't you?
    I checked up on the FICU degree because Jones stated that anyone who questioned his "academic credentials" (his words) should check with FICU. He did not mention another university at that time.
    Is UCLA the correct university for Jones' Ph.D? If so, I'll be glad to check with them and report what I find.

    TO DONíS LOVING SUPPORTERS

    It never fails. It Never Fails!!!! When Don is getting his Big Ash kicked, his loving supporters come graveling at his side. . . . . (Long rant omitted) . . . . . Then perhaps they will understand why it should be respected.
    That was disjointed, incoherent, and untrue. Thanks for coming out.

    Also, I will discuss anything else you want. I looked into this, I know more than Don.
    You've had ample opportunity to show that this is true. I'm still waiting, as is everyone else here.

    Don was banned because he Maliciously attacked people for no reason.
    Do you really expect anyone who read those threads to believe that? It's just not going to happen. Nobody's buying what you're selling.
    Don't forget that people can see these things for themselves. You can't just tell them that war is peace and love is hate.

    Obviously you are afraid of controversy, that is why you hide behind your computer and lovingly defend your Don.
    If Bullshido were afraid to be questioned, you would have been banned long ago. That's not how it works here. Of course, that sword cuts both ways--they aren't going to ban me for frank discussion here, either.

    I will explain the message of movement which can only be defined an interpreted by someone who understands it.
    That might be interesting. I don't recall Jones or Parham mentioning the message of movement.

    Didnít I tell you that you couldnít bully me into giving you information?
    You said it. No one took it seriously because you've obviously been trolling and playing a fun little game of your own for over 600 posts now. No one has tried to bully you into anything; you said you had information. You were asked to provide the information. You demurred.
    Everyone else in the thread promptly called bullshit. That's not bullying.

    Ok I am sorry as well, I will not post what I thought was important to me and why I was convinced. I am not the best person to give you the specific information you requested; I am not a History Scholar. However I will ask the research council of the World Combat Academy if they will get on this site and provide you with this information. They are actually a composite of scholars from Las Vegas, California and Mississippi. I am not sure of their findings; I know they are assisting with a television program and book that will be announced in the summer.

    I am sorry I donít have the information as you requested it.
    I Am Joe's Total Lack of Surprise.
    You said you had the information. Now you say you don't. You were lying then, or you're lying now, and you seem to think you're being really funny and at least moderately clever. Admittedly, I am a phlegmatic and humorless man, but I just don't see it.
    You trolled people . . . . big whoop. LAVATORR is much more entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by It Is Fake?
    This is the type of thing bullshido lives for, the unconfirmed super fight prowess of an instructor vs disrespectful guy.

    You asked for this investigation.
    He knows that; he's been trolling since day one of this thread. Go back and read his obviously fake posts on the first page.
    The thing is, he seems to think he has everyone fooled and that we all believe he's some guy who first learned about CT here and then had his eyes opened like Saul on the road to Damascus. He doesn't seem to understand that half the people here play the same games.

    Itís doubtful you forgot. I think honesty would dictate that you say, you couldnít find any dirt, no one would even comment on your disrespectful commentary accept for, ďWhy donít you talk to them.Ē
    OK, I'll bite--why is it doubtful that I forgot?
    Also, your summary of Fields' comment sucks. That's not what he said. It's right there in black and white for anyone to read, so that's not going to get you very far.
    You only think you're derailing this thread, Mantis. I'm perfectly capable of having this lovely conversation with you and getting everything else done, too.
    You're also not pissing me off. I don't think you're taking any of this seriously.

    And there in is the answer. If I can prove that you will lie and mislead, then Iíve won. If you look below you see his agenda is exposed further.
    If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his butt when he hopped. "If" is a small word that changes the meaning of a sentence in a large way.

    Explaining things you donít understand discredits you and the art you are trying to explain. Mixing Boxing and Judo? African Throwing/Wrestling?--The wording here is Interesting!
    The wording there is from Parham and Jones. If you think it's inaccurate, take it up with them. Boxing, Judo and Gizirek al Malik were the three arts Jones and Parham told me made up the core of Comba-Tai along with karate.

    Is Don saying that he understands fighting claims of Comba-Tai? How could he? I donít remember that question anywhere. Don purposely misconstrues this information. Perhaps you are quoting Michael Bell or Karen Oyama, but you are not quoting anyone on the Comba-Tai Board.
    No, "a hard time reading" means the same thing as a "hard time understanding." It's a colloquial way of speaking; I can be quite common and vulgar at times.
    I was paraphrasing Parham and Jones, but I'll bite again: Was the mixing of Judo, boxing, and African wrestling arts one of Michael Bell's 42 mistakes at E-Budo? Since Jones agrees that those arts are the main core of Comba-Tai, I doubt it.

    Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    But the students talk more like disciples and they claim a 6,000 year lineage back through the royal line of Ethiopia and the Knights of St. Anthony.


    This is a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So, you tell this to devote Christians? You knew what you were doing and yet you did it anyway? I believe you disrespected their faith intentionally. Thus that might make you absolutely dishonest. In this statement you suggest that they are a cult. This is the most disrespectful thing you can do to Christians. It is also the worse thing you can tell Christians about other Christians. But you knew this and you knew what you were trying to do.
    It's not a lie, actually. CT's students, at least the ones encountered here, at the CT boards and at E-Budo, DO talk like religious followers. CT DOES claim a 6,000 year lineage and they DO claim it runs back through the Order of St. Anthony. The first might be dismissed as an opinion with which you disagree, but it's no lie. You yourself attributed some superhuman feats to Jones, such as paralyzing people for 5-10 minutes presumably without the aid of anesthesia. He and his instructors use grand, exalted titles, and the gushing about his Spiritual Presence is repeated and enthusiastic. Again, you did that yourself.

    Yes, I knew what I was doing. I was asking a question. There was no disrespect for Christianity in what I posted. None. Nada.

    On this site he appears to make unfair accusations and unfair commentaries. Objectivity is certainly not one of Big Donís strong points. This is truly horrible to post this type of crap!!! I am sorry but it is offensive.


    http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=L...119&FID=1&pc=8
    Why even post the link if you're not trolling? Anyone can now go read that thread and see for themselves that there was no disrespect and no dishonesty in that thread.
    When children do what you're doing--lying about something that's happening right in front of them--it's called "Process Lying." When your kid has his hand in the cookie jar and he says "I wasn't getting a cookie!" that's a process lie. When you post a link to a respectful and productive conversation and say "You weren't respectful!" it accomplishes the same thing--nothing.

    Why would they lie on you? Why? It wouldnít support their claims, nor would it make you look any worse than you already do to them! It wouldnít hurt your reputation with Bullshido, after all, all is fair in love and scrutiny to you and your loving followers.

    I guess everyone is in on this. Not withstanding their great respect for your abilities and integrity;

    Why would the Comba-Tai people give you the name of anyone now? I think they and I have learned better than to give you any information. Do you remember that I was the one that told you how to post on the board with out a pass word? Do I regret that now? You Bet!
    Who do you mean by "they?" Is this referring to the issue of the "internet crazy" challenging Warrior Yang?
    They should give the name because they claim the challenge was made because of my posts. I want them to give me the name (not the same thing) because I'd like to find out whether it really happened, if possible. I would think you'd have noticed by now that taking things on faith is not my strong suit.

    Further, you could care less about Yang or anyone who disagrees with your shallow understanding of the world.
    You have demonstrated a thoroughgoing misunderstanding of what I care about for 17 pages now. You are not qualified to tell me what I care about and what I don't.
    Even if I didn't care about Yang, I'd still have an interest in finding out whether this claim is true or not.

    Remind me again why legitimate martial artist would have a serious conversation with you about a crazy person?
    You mean why they should have such a conversation? Because having seen fit to blame me for the incident, it would be decent of them to tell me what happened and who perpetrated the act.

    You truly are a Fake. You are a fax representation of James Brown and you are a counterfeit stuffed in the skin of the truth and you try to perpetuate the same.
    Uh . . . . you realize that's just an avatar on an internet forum, right? I'm not an orange grizzly bear, either.

    Could this have been the origins of Michael Bell? After all the kid you were talking to was not African.
    Not according to you. YOUR story is that Michael Bell is a real person, remember? You wanted me to call him on the phone. It's important to keep your stories straight if you're going to "keep the party going."
    You can't switch now and call him Aric's fake name; that ruins the illusion.
    Still waiting for Michael Bell's phone number, by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    He is no great golly ass kicker either , I know I have met him person and his stand up sucks .
    Uhhhhhh . . . . . . thanks?

    But I could post many places where he made horrible mistakes and everyone supported him, even when you discovered that his assumptions were absolutely wrong. Now we know that 90% of his assertions were wrong.
    Not for nothing, but no, you couldn't. And no, we don't. If you could do that, you'd have done it by now.

    They clearly stated that their history was based on two legends they were looking for more concrete verifiable evidence to support.
    Your definition of "clearly" differs from mine. They did cite oral history, yes.

    What's wrong with that, "They kept saying, WE AREN'T SELLING ANY THING."
    What they actually said was that they weren't promoting anything, and that's obviously not true.

    It is not my art, but to answer your questions, yes their was a historical lineage supplied as I understand it on the Comba-Tai site from Kushite Dynasty O- Rulers of Nubt)- through the 25th Dynasty, Napata Rule, Meroe rule, Unification of Ezana Christian Kingdom, Decline of Nubia to Ethiopia, Ethiopian Dynasties and Zamana Masafint to Ras Yakub that came to the Free State of Jones. They listed the names of kings of each of these ruler ships right up to Ras Yakub (AKA James Marshal) I don't have the exact time line, but there is one on the site. All this will be illustrated in their book, but there are still questions that will need answering before the argument is complete.
    I looked for just such a lineage and did not find it, nor does it appear in the .pdf document to which I was referred by Parham and Jones.
    Furthermore, a list of the kings Nubia and Kush does not establish a connection of Comba-Tai to martial arts of 6,000 years ago unless it is claimed that the kings were the ones teaching and passing down the art that would later become Comba-Tai.

    I think it is a big coincidence that they are practicing in some instances the same techniques that are practiced by certain tribes today...how would they know such particulars? Now that doesnít prove 6,000, but it is interesting.
    Yes, that would be interesting. Are you offering to tell us which techniques exist in both places at the present time? I asked exactly that question and was given nothing but the same few pictures of people practicing Nuba wrestling over and over.

    There is Caucasian family that has used an Ethiopian title since the Civil War. In fact the title they use is the highest title that can be bestowed upon a civilian. Well now according to Jones they live in Hattiesburg, but once they lived in Jones County during the Civil War. The Son of this family is a famous person; I will not detail it here.
    I recall this story; the males of the family are often named "Ras," if I recall correctly. Jones reasons that since Ras is a title in Ethiopian culture, that may be the origin of the name. It may very well be, but that doesn't necessarily follow, and if it did, it wouldn't make the connection between Comba-Tai and those ancient Medjay warriors much firmer.

    This is one of many cases where Dr. Jones works hard to prove a connection between Mississippi and Ethiopia. I know MississippiRed and others have questioned that history; I don't really know enough to do so.

    Iíve seen old letters that indicate particulars about Ethiopian Royalty that were not know until 1930ís. Their historical account is apparently based on oral tradition that was actually given.
    So those letters will be in Dr. Jones' book this summer? Or are you planning to produce them yourself?

    But I do understand the passion to see this one claim proven wrong. If his claims are deemed to have merit, when the book is published, it will probably be dangerous for him. I know the concern here is not about the questionable history of a martial art (e.g. Buhidaharma, Wing Chung). Believe me, I understand your concern. It is believed the book will argue for a collaboration of evidence that seems to verify their claims of a 6,000 year lineage..
    No, seriously, what the hell was that all about? That made zero sense.

    Don was given answers on the Comba-Tai threadóall the answers to his questions were answered. Some of the answers he liked others he did not. My problem is when he didnít like the answers he maliciously tried to destroy anyone and I mean anyone who thought Comba-Tai had some moral merit. He did this by ignoring almost all the testimonies from students. And then he posts this emotional pleas for his own agenda. It was embarrassing. He was banned by the Comba-Tai leadership for this reason. Grand Master Parham was trying to answer all his questions, but he wasted his time trying to find ways to disrespect his instructor. My embarrassment is that I believed in him enough to ask him to go to the site and ask about their MMA, History and Social stuff. However he prejudged them as I demonstrated.
    Actually, that's not true.
    --All my questions were not answered.
    --Some of the answers were relevant, some were not.
    --I didn't try to destroy anyone (and I'm not sure how one could try to destroy someone other than "maliciously," but that's neither here nor there.) That's just not true. Until the CT administrators decided to take their ball and go home, anyone here could have gone to the CT board and read the threads to see that for themselves.
    --I did not ignore the students when they posted relevant information. "Dr. Parham is a great man and you're a meanie" was not often relevant to what I was trying to find out.
    --Emotional pleas for my own agenda? That doesn't make any sense. Please retry.
    --Grand Master Parham had ample opportunities to answer all the questions he chose to answer. "Trying to," indeed.
    --I'm not sure you're capable of embarassment.

    This was recently verified by an African Scholar, but it has been supported by other Africans. All this will be documented in the book. I am not qualified to interpret the data, but the book will allow all of you to make your own judgment.
    Again you claim to have information but refuse to provide it. What African scholar? Who? Your credibility is at zero and holding.

    No you are wrong, as Don was. You can ask anyone who knows Jones, he buys all the students equipment and the students are not required to wear a uniform. But his students verified this; while it is unbelievable I know, it is a mute point now. He doesnít sell rank and nor does he sell certificates, all these are provided out of his own pocket.
    Actually, Jones is the only one who claimed to me that he teaches for free. Parham and others stated that they run schools for profit; they make no apologies for this, nor should they. I was intrigued by the difference between Dr. Jones' attitude toward himself (his abilities are a divine gift which can be taken away from him if he charges for lessons) and his students, who are allowed to charge what they think is fair. In any case, "they," as you put it, are certainly selling something, even if Dr. Jones himself is not.

    But who cares this still does not prove the 6,000 year old history that he believes relates to all mankind. More preposterous than this, he believes our common origin means we have a responsibility to help each other.
    This looks like laying the groundwork for the same argument Dr. Jones used on his board, namely, that since everything human can ultimately be traced back to original African hominids, that makes all human endeavors African in origin and at least as old as Comba-Tai's claimed age.



    And with that, I think I'm all caught up. I can't wait for the book, but in the meantime, I think it's past time for a summary post as a quick reference for people who don't want to wade through 17 pages.
    *********************************************
      #658
  9. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and for anyone playing along at home, please note that Mantis' opportunity to make $100 off Don expired at noon on Saturday. I guess he took pity on me and decided not to take my money, since all he had to do was to post two simple links.
    On the other hand, posting links to words that don't exist is harder than it sounds.
    *********************************************
      #659
  10. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,286

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    He is no great golly ass kicker either , I know I have met him person and his stand up sucks .
    Uhhhhhh . . . . . . thanks?
    Oh yeah , no problem man always trying to help , yep that's me . :qleapfrog

    I must add this is from observation instead of first hand experience . He was laughing at my stand up hard enough for me to know he had a good idea of what should have been going on .

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    blahblah
    Most of the points I was going to make have been made by other posters and the questions asked .

    Thank you : Is It Fake , Don , OnceLost , and Mississippi Red .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    ďI don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.Ē
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #660

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.