222479 Bullies, 4398 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 591 to 600 of 1126
Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960 6162636470110 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Iscariot is offline

    I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    1,661

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 1:42pm


     Style: Student Jutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I am getting sick and tired of this! It seems that every time Don is getting his proverbial Big Ass kicked (just a figure of speech), his loving supporters come out to help him with some of their ďglobally goop.Ē :new_blueg

    Understood!

    I am just kidding.:angel7: I donít understand your question Iscariot. Can you post it and I will try to answer.

    Respectfully

    THE MANTIS
    Post 519.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=519
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta
      #591
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 2:39pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot

    I will take care of it later. I have to run out and take care of emergency.
      #592
  3. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 2:54pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what would you like me to apologize? I apologized for confusing Dr. Jones' name for Grandmaster Parham's. I did not apologize for forgetting the RMATA post, but if it makes a difference to you, I will.
    I apologize for omitting RMATA Forums from the list of boards where I posted about Comba-Tai.

    I hope you're not suggesting that I would apologize for disagreeing, questioning, or scrutinizing. Those things are virtues, not vices. No, I won't be apologizing. I was being sarcastic (it's like being ironic, only it's not funny.)
    *********************************************
      #593
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,803

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 4:59pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I'm sorry, It Is Fake, but I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If there's one thing I've learned from all this, it's that disagreement, questioning and scrutiny are all deeply disrespectful.
    Now, you are disrespecting me. Boy, you are on a roll.
      #594
  5. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:41pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    For what would you like me to apologize? I apologized for confusing Dr. Jones' name for Grandmaster Parham's. I did not apologize for forgetting the RMATA post, but if it makes a difference to you, I will.
    I apologize for omitting RMATA Forums from the list of boards where I posted about Comba-Tai.

    I hope you're not suggesting that I would apologize for disagreeing, questioning, or scrutinizing. Those things are virtues, not vices. No, I won't be apologizing. I was being sarcastic (it's like being ironic, only it's not funny.)
    Relax Don, I know you would never ďman-upĒ and apologize when you are wrong.


    You canít now. The Comba-Tai people have laughed at your pseudo scholarly approach to fact finding. People should apologize when they have dishonest intentions. I could post a hundred e-mails where you had one tone on one board and showed another while speaking to others. It seems you are trying to trick and deceive. This much seems obvious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    For what would you like me to apologize?
    Relax Don, I know you would never man up and apologize when you are wrong. I donít expect a person like you to apologize when you intend to destroy people. You are smart enough to realize what you are saying and its influence. So the final conclusion is that you donít care about that, you have no good intention to the Comba-Tai people or their work. That is your prerogative and it must be respected even by them because of who they say they are. If I were you, perhaps I would be jealous of them and do everything in my power to destroy people like them with their views, especially if I was brought up in your environment.

    Americanís understand this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I apologized for confusing Dr. Jones' name for Grandmaster Parham's.
    In my mind the confusion wasnít at all the issue. Psychologically I thought it interesting that you are completely focused on the person who disagrees or scrutinizes your approach. Could it be that you believe you are supreme to everyone else. In your mind is it that you must destroy anyone who does not agree with your myopic interpretation of life. Well it couldnít be that, after all, what have you ever done on a substantial scale that demonstrates superiority? no not intelligence, physical ability or moral fortitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I did not apologize for forgetting the RMATA post, but if it makes a difference to you, I will. I apologize for omitting RMATA Forums from the list of boards where I posted about Comba-Tai.
    Apology not accepted! It is to late, it was caught. I caught how conveniently you tried to imply that you were just looking for the truth and questions were not disrespectful because your tone had nothing to do with misleading peopleís opinion. You mislead people by your misinformation and pretending to be someone you werenít. You know as well as I do, perception is as real to people as facts. You were given facts that you misconstrued, in fact, you consistently misconstrue the facts for your own aim. This is deplorable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I hope you're not suggesting that I would apologize for disagreeing, questioning, or scrutinizing.
    Here, you and I agree and I hope you will not ask me to apologize when I say youíre disagreeing, questioning and scrutinizing is dishonest and deceitful based on my judgment. My judgment tells me you have a hidden agenda. The agenda is not new. Say what you will, but the older I get the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do. Remember thieves, robbers and destroyers ask questions to, but for no good reason and false intentions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Those things are virtues, not vices. No, I won't be apologizing. I was being sarcastic (it's like being ironic, only it's not funny.)
    As I said, I know you would never man up and apologize when you are wrong.

    Questioning their 6,000 year old tradition is welcomed. Is it not?
    Questioning techniques and abilities is welcomed. Has it not?
    Questioning who instructors are is welcomed. Weíve seen as much.
    Questioning background is welcomed. It should be standard procedure.

    But to invent an elaborate presupposition to corrupt and destroy is by definition a vice and should not be tolerated. To question with the intent of toppling martial art concepts and theories because you do not agree with their history is ludicrous. But you know, I donít think this is the problem. I think your self-worth is tied to you having a function in some martial art. I will tell you that you can not by pass experience and the discipline you achieve through a system of mental, physical and emotional respect. It is in this development that you can honestly scrutinize and question. At least for the martial artís, you need this step to truly understand what you are saying. Scrutiny absent of this is truly counterfeit. Truth is a virtue, but it will never be a virtue for you in light of your ďany means necessaryĒ approach to win an argument.

    So keep your counterfeit apology, these days, not much you say is valued anyway. But letís keep the party going.
      #595
  6. SpringHeeledJack is offline
    SpringHeeledJack's Avatar

    Diabolical Physiognomy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Clapham Common
    Posts
    2,385

    Posted On:
    2/28/2007 7:09pm


     Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you just answer Iscariot's questions and stop with the nonsense? It seems to me you're intentionally dodging them for some reason, and to be frank, it is rather tiring.
    Last edited by debul937; 2/28/2007 7:14pm at .


    Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide


    HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

      #596
  7. jonathan_sicari is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    125

    Posted On:
    3/01/2007 3:00am


     Style: not training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    You canít now. The Comba-Tai people have laughed at your pseudo scholarly approach to fact finding. People should apologize when they have dishonest intentions. I could post a hundred e-mails where you had one tone on one board and showed another while speaking to others. It seems you are trying to trick and deceive. This much seems obvious.
    Mantis,

    This is the kind of thing that makes it hard for me to take you seriously (in the sense that you are a person making a cogent arguement). If you would just link one post and say 2 or 3 of the hundred emails you claim to be able to post, your credibility would skyrocket.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Relax Don, I know you would never man up and apologize when you are wrong. I donít expect a person like you to apologize when you intend to destroy people. You are smart enough to realize what you are saying and its influence. So the final conclusion is that you donít care about that, you have no good intention to the Comba-Tai people or their work. That is your prerogative and it must be respected even by them because of who they say they are. If I were you, perhaps I would be jealous of them and do everything in my power to destroy people like them with their views, especially if I was brought up in your environment.

    Americanís understand this.
    *blink* I can only take this as proof of your lack of reading comprehension skills and/or intellectual honesty.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    In my mind the confusion wasnít at all the issue. Psychologically I thought it interesting that you are completely focused on the person who disagrees or scrutinizes your approach. Could it be that you believe you are supreme to everyone else. In your mind is it that you must destroy anyone who does not agree with your myopic interpretation of life. Well it couldnít be that, after all, what have you ever done on a substantial scale that demonstrates superiority? no not intelligence, physical ability or moral fortitude.
    So you don't believe that Don could make a simple mistake and then own up to it? Your ability to draw psychological conclusions based on written words over the internet places you well above any of the Psych professionals I have ever encountered during counseling (I had issues as a youth and in High School that don't really have anything to do with the issue at hand but your insistence that Don is acting out of a malicious intent is mindboggling).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Apology not accepted! It is to late, it was caught. I caught how conveniently you tried to imply that you were just looking for the truth and questions were not disrespectful because your tone had nothing to do with misleading peopleís opinion. You mislead people by your misinformation and pretending to be someone you werenít. You know as well as I do, perception is as real to people as facts. You were given facts that you misconstrued, in fact, you consistently misconstrue the facts for your own aim. This is deplorable.
    Links to misconstrued facts and misleading information posted by Don Gwinn please?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Here, you and I agree and I hope you will not ask me to apologize when I say youíre disagreeing, questioning and scrutinizing is dishonest and deceitful based on my judgment. My judgment tells me you have a hidden agenda. The agenda is not new. Say what you will, but the older I get the least I listen to what people say and the more I watch what they do. Remember thieves, robbers and destroyers ask questions to, but for no good reason and false intentions.
    Evidence? What facts are you using to form your judgement that Don is "...dishonest and deceitful..."?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    As I said, I know you would never man up and apologize when you are wrong.

    Questioning their 6,000 year old tradition is welcomed. Is it not?
    Questioning techniques and abilities is welcomed. Has it not?
    Questioning who instructors are is welcomed. Weíve seen as much.
    Questioning background is welcomed. It should be standard procedure.
    Actually, it seems the answers are no, no, we'll answer the question but no, and no even though it should be. At least by you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    But to invent an elaborate presupposition to corrupt and destroy is by definition a vice and should not be tolerated. To question with the intent of toppling martial art concepts and theories because you do not agree with their history is ludicrous. But you know, I donít think this is the problem. I think your self-worth is tied to you having a function in some martial art. I will tell you that you can not by pass experience and the discipline you achieve through a system of mental, physical and emotional respect. It is in this development that you can honestly scrutinize and question. At least for the martial artís, you need this step to truly understand what you are saying. Scrutiny absent of this is truly counterfeit. Truth is a virtue, but it will never be a virtue for you in light of your ďany means necessaryĒ approach to win an argument.
    I think you should read your own words and apply them to yourself, Mantis. Your inability to support your arguements with facts and your lack of respect for Don's honest questions of an incredible claim show what I can only call hypocrisy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    So keep your counterfeit apology, these days, not much you say is valued anyway. But letís keep the party going.
    I'm sure Don is more than capable of refuting you himself but I find value in what he writes, I just wish I could find similar value in your writing. Especially if we are to "...keep the party going."

    *edit to add*

    I see Don's post as having been along the lines of "Dear Dr. Jones, I find your claims of an unbroken 6000 royal warrior tradition hard to believe, can you provide proof?" Which is not disrespectful (though it could be seen as antagonistic).

    Disrespectful would be "Mr. Jones, you are a liar and your claim of a 6000 year tradition is completely unfounded" Which he did not do.
    Last edited by jonathan_sicari; 3/01/2007 4:36am at .
      #597
  8. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/01/2007 9:36am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Secondly, no you would not be allowed to set up a degree granting organizations unless they saw your credentials and that of your instructors from a federally regulated school.
    As someone with state DOE experience, you're wrong. I'll repeat my earlier post:

    I can open a correspondence school myself and become a legal "degree granting" agency (as long as I pay my bills and taxes), but unless I'm accredited by someone the government recognizes, the degrees don't mean a whole lot and it might be against the law for you to claim to be a doctor based on the PhD you received from my school.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #598
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    3/01/2007 9:47am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    As someone with state DOE experience, you're wrong. I'll repeat my earlier post:

    I can open a correspondence school myself and become a legal "degree granting" agency (as long as I pay my bills and taxes), but unless I'm accredited by someone the government recognizes, the degrees don't mean a whole lot and it might be against the law for you to claim to be a doctor based on the PhD you received from my school.
    Before I answer this post, we are not talking about his PhD anyway. His PhD did not come from FICU. But based on where and how he's clamed his D.Min. it is not against the Law.

    Your organization is not maintained by a bona fide church; lawfully operating as a nonprofit religious Organization. Thus you can not submitted information and Declaration for Religious Exemption in any state.

    Now there DOE experience
      #599
  10. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    3/01/2007 10:01am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your organization is not maintained by a bona fide church; lawfully operating as a nonprofit religious Organization. Thus you can not submitted information and Declaration for Religious Exemption in any state.
    The only state with such exemption I could identify was California. If this is a federal rule, please post the title or code # and I'll verify it.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #600

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.