228283 Bullies, 4759 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 501 to 510 of 1126
Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 414748495051 5253545561101 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,604

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 3:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^Sir,
    I must say I really enjoy your style of writing.

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
      #501
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 6:36pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Actually, the full version is:
    "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym."

    I read everything above, but I'm only going to respond to a few things. If anyone sees anything important missing, let me know and I'll cover that too.

    First of all, I was VERY clear about my experience level. I have videos of my sparring posted here at Bullshido. Think about that for a moment; I haven't seen Parham, Ronin, Scorpion, Foot, Yang, or the Soke Mylemu spar or fight, but they've seen me. I think that's pretty honest. I don't know what more I could have done.

    Secondly, if I had ever, EVER once said or implied that I " represent BJJ" then you'd have a point, because I'm not qualified to represent BJJ.
    I did not and you do not. You're grasping at straws.

    Thirdly, you claim to know a lot of things you say I should find out. This "42 mistakes" red herring isn't fooling anyone. If you know what those 42 mistakes were, list a few of them and I'll check them out. If you don't, or you don't want to reveal them for whatever reason you have, fine. Just know that every time you post about them without revealing them you make yourself look dishonest and evasive. Again I refer you to the burden of proof. You claim there were 42 contradictions. I've told you I don't see them. If you want me or anyone else to take you seriously, then the burden is on YOU to prove YOUR assertion. If you don't care, you don't care, but if that were true you wouldn't be trolling this thread.

    Fourth, it's not doing wonders for your credibility that you continue to play around and refuse even to admit who you are. You accusing me of having secrets is laughable; I'm the one posting under his real name, just as I do at every other forum (Save for Bladeforums and Glocktalk, where I'm still Gwinnydapooh.) I'm the one with his location pinpointed to a small town of 4,000 people where everyone in town knows my name. I'm the one who has video of himself sparring (badly) posted on the interweb.
    It's just plain goofy. And again, I don't think it's fooling anyone. Everyone who reads my posts and your posts sees clearly what's going on here.

    Fifth, if my self-esteem were based on the adulation of Bullshido, I probably would have committed suicide in humiliating fashion by now. If you're not a lesbian with knockout power and machine guns, it's hard to get Bullshido as a whole to agree on much.

    Sixth, I don't believe I remember accepting a sparring or fight invitation from a black belt, but I will if it's offered. What's the big deal? What's he going to do, win? Beat me up? That's OK. I've been beaten up, I've been defeated, and I've been humiliated. I've always found that you tend to live through it. If somebody wants to fight to the death, I'll be the first to say no. Otherwise, everything heals.
    In fact, if I can make a deal wherein a Comba-Tai Combat Technician will walk me through the Comba-Tai curriculum in exchange for being allowed to spar me freestyle, I'll do that. Comba-Tai can have video of somebody beating me up and I'll get to see the Kemetic Triangle and David's Harp.

    Seventh, yup, I'm overweight and not in "fighting shape." Well played, sirrah.

    Eighth, just to remove one more excuse, I'm going to go ahead and email those comments on that gun-kicking silliness to Mr. Garcia. If it turns out that you are Garcia, I'm going to be mildly annoyed that you made me go to this trouble, but what the heck? I wrote those comments, and if I thought they were wrong, I wouldn't hide from them, I'd just apologize and go on with my life. I don't think they're wrong.
    That kind of Walker, Texas Ranger move just about never works in real life. I have a hard time believing a serious instructor taught that as a serious solution to unarmed vs. handgun. I've been working with firearms a lot long er than I've worked with the unarmed stuff, and I know I'd rather face someone who's trying to kick my strong hand than someone who can take control of it.
    You may not have noticed that I reserved judgment even on this because I thought it through before I posted anything and realized that he could very well have been goofing around at a seminar or a presentation. I did NOT assume that it represents his instruction.
    The dumbest part about the whole thing is that I have the feeling you have the ability to resolve the question with a few sentences, but you'd rather troll around.

    I'm sure that leaves a lot of things out, but it'll have to do for now. To all my Bullshido fans and supporters, I leave you with two vitally important messages:

    1. The sky is not yet crimson, so keep the pigeons on the rooftop but make sure the camels don't go over the waterfall.

    2. G-W-I-N-N you illiterate bastards.


    If anything here misrepresents Don or Comba-Tai, I apologize. I think I am right on!


    First of all, I was VERY clear about my experience level. I have videos of my sparring posted here at Bullshido. Think about that for a moment; I haven't seen Parham, Ronin, Scorpion, Foot, Yang, or the Soke Mylemu spar or fight, but they've seen me. I think that's pretty honest. I don't know what more I could have done.
    No you were not! Your message implied you could evaluate martial arts. Letís Cut and Paste:

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I'm intrigued by Comba-Tai; the idea of combining boxing, wrestling and judo makes a lot of sense, and if you were doing it in the 1980's that makes you pretty early birds!
    As if you could make that assessment! Fist of all you are wrong. I wondered why they didnít call you on it. You think they knew you were not even a white belt to them.

    No sir, if you want to be honest, start of with this http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...php/photo/2318 and then make your statement. Is this why a experienced martial artist on the Comba-Tai website asked, ďIs thisDon,
    Is this a video of you sparring?Ē No I donít think it is funny, it is disrespectful to imply you are something you are not! Based on your experience level you donít have the right to evaluate experience martial artist! You are very insulting in this regard!


    Secondly, if I had ever, EVER once said or implied that I " represent BJJ" then you'd have a point, because I'm not qualified to represent BJJ.
    I did not and you do not. You're grasping at straws.
    Just so everyone is clear! By your own words, you donít represent a martial art! You are not an Instructor/Examiner and you canít give out Certifications! Have you trained any students of martial arts that can protect themselves?



    Thirdly, you claim to know a lot of things you say I should find out.
    I honesty did the research. I know Comba-Tai people; I talked with them, read their manuscripts and notes. I have even met with their research council. I have interviewed Jones, Richard Steele, Parham, Ronin and Warrior Yang. Iíve purchased pictures and DVDís. Yet, I am not qualified to fully evaluate them. And you are?

    This "42 mistakes" red herring isn't fooling anyone. If you know what those 42 mistakes were, list a few of them and I'll check them out. If you don't, or you don't want to reveal them for whatever reason you have, fine. Just know that every time you post about them without revealing them you make yourself look dishonest and evasive. Again I refer you to the burden of proof. You claim there were 42 contradictions. I've told you I don't see them. If you want me or anyone else to take you seriously, then the burden is on YOU to prove YOUR assertion. If you don't care, you don't care, but if that were true you wouldn't be trolling this thread.

    [/QUOTE] Again I refer you to the burden of proof. [/QUOTE]

    There is a temptation to rephrase biased or opinion statements with weasel words: "Many people think John Doe is the best baseball player." But statements of this form are subject to obvious attacks: "Yes, many people think so, but only ignorant people"; and "Just how many is 'many'? I think it's only 'a few' who think that!" By attributing the claim to a known authority, or substantiating the facts behind it, you can avoid these problems. So based on your vast knowledge of Comba-Tai, I refer you to the burden of proof or you can quote an expert. Even if you knew, I donít think you would admit to the mistakes you see. Why donít you post on the Comba-Tai website and ask questions about the 42 mistakes. The Comba-Tai people are laughing at you. Why didnít you ask how they knew who Michael Bell was? They know that you donít really care, do you? I am not sure if you are being dishonest, but time will tell.




    [/QUOTE] Everyone who reads my posts and your posts sees clearly what's going on here. [/QUOTE]

    I agree; everyone who reads my posts and your posts sees clearly whatís going on here. Itís troubling what youíve tried to do. We are lucky to have ďthe largest information-trading network ever conceived in human history.Ē


    It is interesting that you avoided this request: [/QUOTE] ďDon,

    Would you mine posting all the sites where you talk about Comba-Tai. I would like to make a point.Ē Well OK, I will post a site where you lied. [/QUOTE]


    http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=L...119&FID=1&pc=8

    [/QUOTE]

    From: Preemptive Tap
    Date: 01/06/07 09:17 PM Member Since: 05/15/2004
    55 Total Posts

    Can you tell me more about Mr. Parham and your experience with him? Specifically:
    1. Did Mr. Parham train Mr. Dixson in Comba-Tai and, in your opinion, has Comba-Tai been an important part of Mr. Dixson's fight training? [/QUOTE]


    Here, you cleverly accuse Robert Parham of training Big John Dixon. I hear you screaming, ďNo I didnít!Ē Oh? Well Robert Parham thought so.

    [/QUOTE]
    From: RobertParham
    Date: 01/07/07 03:12 AM Member Since: 12/23/2003
    21 Total Posts



    I never said I trained Big John, I said I trained with him. He is a good friend of mine.
    [/QUOTE]


    Why did you imply such a lie? As a professional expert how could you make this blatant procedural investigator's error? Didnít you know that you were potentially damaging their friendship and bringing question to Robert Parhamís reputation? You knew John was with Jones before Parham. Why were you trying to start trouble with the friends of Parham? Didnít you say,

    [/QUOTE]
    ďEveryone who reads my post and your posts sees clearly whatís going on here. [/QUOTE]

    If they didnít, they do now!


    Man, You lied on Robert Parham! Why would you do that? You seem so much better than that.



    Not only that, but in your introduction to gain support, you start off trying to explain their history. You made at least 4 errors in just a few sentences. You donít know their history at all, so trying to explain something you donít understand is either goofy or just being dishonest.

    http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=L...119&FID=1&pc=8




    [/QUOTE]
    Fifth, if my self-esteem were based on the adulation of Bullshido, I probably would have committed suicide in humiliating fashion by now. [/QUOTE]

    What ever!

    [/QUOTE]If you're not a lesbian with knockout power and machine guns, it's hard to get Bullshido as a whole to agree on much. [/QUOTE]

    What are you talking about!


    [/QUOTE]Sixth, I don't believe I remember accepting a sparring or fight invitation from a black belt, but I will if it's offered. What's the big deal? What's he going to do, win? Beat me up? That's OK. I've been beaten up, I've been defeated, and I've been humiliated. I've always found that you tend to live through it. If somebody wants to fight to the death, I'll be the first to say no. Otherwise, everything heals. [/QUOTE]

    Let me refresh your memory about what you placed on the Comba-Tai board.

    [/QUOTE]That sounds great. I am located in Virden, Illinois. I understand there are Comba-Tai schools in the gulf region, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Are there others?
    I believe I do understand your offer. This sort of thing is very common at Bullshido; we call them Throwdowns. They give us a chance to meet other players, spar, and learn from each other. If there are no schools near me (I'm about halfway between St. Louis and Chicago) I'll be glad to look up the next Throwdowns in your area, or have other Bullshido members set up a meeting. I know we have members in Mississippi, for instance, and in Las Vegas.
    If we ever meet, dinner is on me. [/QUOTE]

    If I hadnít seen the video, I would say this guy must have something. This is what is disturbing about a person who sells themselves as an evaluator over the internet. Don, you can be Bruce Lee on the internet, until reputable martial artist see what they can do.


    The implication to anyone that reads this suggests you know something. Perhaps this is your lack of experience and not necessarily your dishonesty. But I wonder based on this comment:

    [/QUOTE]For all you fighters out there, the Comba-Tai people are looking for amateur MMA fighters to participate in Richard Steele's new "Steele Cage" promotion in Las Vegas. If you want to meet Dr. Jones and Grand Master Parham, now's your chance. I have no skills and no ride to Vegas, so I'm out. [/QUOTE] Here you were very honest about your lack of skills.

    [/QUOTE]I will say that it looks like Comba-Tai is an art that takes standup, clinch, ground and transitions all very seriously. I haven't really seen Comba-Tai grappling and wouldn't be qualified to judge it if I did, [/QUOTE]

    If you are in a professional discussion, you should be able to add something based on your experience and how youíve been tested. Just so we are clear! Your comments would be insulting and in very bad taste to any martial art style you are ignorantly trying to evaluate!


    [/QUOTE]In fact, if I can make a deal wherein a Comba-Tai Combat Technician will walk me through the Comba-Tai curriculum in exchange for being allowed to spar me freestyle, I'll do that. Comba-Tai can have video of somebody beating me up and I'll get to see the Kemetic Triangle and David's Harp. [/QUOTE]

    I donít think the Comba-Tai people are going to take this well!
    Are you kidding! I doubt they would give you a cup of water now! They probably wonít admit this.

    Do you believe that the ďcultishĒ Comba-Tai would talk to you! You are banned, remember? No instructor in the art would train you. Come on man, they accepted you with open arms into what they believe is a gift and you pissed on them and laughed. You did this because they didnít answer every question to your satisfaction! So what? They humbly informed you that they were still researching and wanted to give you the best possible answers they could give. Didnít you read the letter written by Jones? Yet, you continue to call them ďcultish,Ē ďwhacky,Ē and ďAfroÖ, Ē it all gives you the appearance of a deep dark troll with a hidden agenda. All I know is the Comba-Tai people are honest and well tested in more ways than the one you know. Have you ever been tested?

    By the way, donít ask someone to beat you up using Comba-Tai. That is an ignorant statement. Comba-Tai is not a sport. There are sports in their organization.




    [/QUOTE]Seventh, yup, I'm overweight and not in "fighting shape." Well played, sirrah. [/QUOTE]

    I am telling the truth. You seem to like the cold hard truth. Most martial arts are high-action, high-energy activities that build strength, speed, and agility. You have not worked your tail off hard enough or long enough to get in the face of experienced martial artist. That is all I am saying. You donít like traditional systems or beliefs, from what I can gather, but consistent hard work is respected by them all, including MMA. Thus there is an unspoken language that you can not understand. You are not yet their. When you speak the way you do, it is insulting. Yet, the Comba-Tai people treated you with respect and they never brought attention to your many, many, deficiencies. WHY? WERE THEY AFRAID OF YOU! Doubtful!

    Don, you are not that overweight! Eat Complex carbohydrates 6 X daily, Drink lots of water, Run and Lift. Get a partner.


    [/QUOTE]Eighth, just to remove one more excuse, I'm going to go ahead and email those comments on that gun-kicking silliness to Mr. Garcia. If it turns out that you are Garcia, I'm going to be mildly annoyed that you made me go to this trouble, but what the heck? I wrote those comments, and if I thought they were wrong, I wouldn't hide from them, I'd just apologize and go on with my life. I don't think they're wrong. [/QUOTE]

    Your statements are wrong and you know it. Your refusal to ďMan UpĒ and admit to your wrong brings up many questions about your credibility as a person. You donít do a service to dialogue between philosophies and martial arts by disrespecting intentions you donít understand.


    [/QUOTE]That kind of Walker, Texas Ranger move just about never works in real life. I have a hard time believing a serious instructor taught that as a serious solution to unarmed vs. handgun. I've been working with firearms a lot long er than I've worked with the unarmed stuff, and I know I'd rather face someone who's trying to kick my strong hand than someone who can take control of it.
    You may not have noticed that I reserved judgment even on this because I thought it through before I posted anything and realized that he could very well have been goofing around at a seminar or a presentation. I did NOT assume that it represents his instruction. [/QUOTE]

    Ok, my bad! I thought you were just making fun of something you didnít understand!
    Good explanation, but I am not buying it. It appears you put other people down to feel better about yourself. When a person who've never had any training in Martial Arts calling it bunk, cultish, afrocentric and other such bullshido (sorry, but it's how I feel abut people who act like this) is just more proof of their own ignorance, just seems to me that they're scared of something they don't understand, so they feel better about themselves by dumping on it or putting it down.


    [/QUOTE]I haven't seen Parham, Ronin, Scorpion, Foot, Yang, or the Soke Mylemu spar or fight, but they've seen me. I think that's pretty honest. [/QUOTE]

    Don't Even Go There... ...Letís Go Here Instead,
    Don, it is funny but your honesty is always missing something. You never showed them the video of you ďplay sparring!Ē THEY FOUND THE VIDEO BY ACCIDENT! You werenít going to show it to them on your own accord. By the way, if you had seen ďParham, Ronin, Scorpion, Foot, Yang, or the Soke Mylemu spar or fight, what would you know different based on your experience? If you want to see them, why didnít you ask for a video?
      #502
  3. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 6:42pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Message is twisted in the Charisma

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    ^^^Sir,
    I must say I really enjoy your style of writing.
    I really enjoy Don's Charismatic style of writing as well. Sometimes though, the true message is twisted in the Charisma.

    You are right! I believe Don is very charismatic when he tries to destroy sincere martial art schools and engage character assassination. But itís unnecessary for finding the truth of martial arts.

    I am thinking about the Cold War drama Crimson Tide, we find a naval officer played by Denzel Washington giving a ďbig speechĒ to a young radioman on whose skill and attention hangs the fate of the world.

    The poor fellow has to get the submarineís radio up and running to learn if the vessel should launch its missiles. If he fails, the captain will be forced to launch the subís nuclear arms blindly, cause the enemy to retaliate, and eventually destroy the world---even through it may not be necessary. (ďSorry. My mistake!Ē)

    In the real world the poor fellow probably would collapse from the pressure. In fact, the stress would be so debilitating that a smart leader would be doing everything in his or her power to provide support. But screenwriters are human too. They make the fundamental attribution error by creating a radioman who doesnít need support. He needs to be inspired. Apparently, he hasnít repaired the radio yet because he has something heíd rather do than save the world from total destruction.

    Stay with meÖ

    Denzel delivers a really hot speech. After the tear-jerking performance the radioman turns to his coworkers and tells him to stop messing around so that they can prevent a nuclear holocaust instead of playing video games or whatever it is theyíre doing.

    Denzel gives the speech, the radioman is appropriately inspired, and yes, the audience breaks into applause. Charisma makes for good drama; however, it has precious little to do with the truth. Rest assured that you donít have to be charismatic to deliver truth. Truth is charismatic all by itself.


    THE MANTIS
      #503
  4. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 8:01pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LET US DESTROY WHAT WE DONíT UNDERSTAND
    By Mrs. Silence Dogood


    We all know that prejudging something or some one-is an instinctive and necessary reaction we have developed for our own self-preservation. We need to generalize to recognize threats and opportunities. "This group," we say," is a threat to me, so l will avoid it." We need to be consciously aware of this innate reaction so we compensate for it when it results in negative behavior. This behavior is always wrong when it lends itself to character assassination and inaccurate assessments we couldnít possibly be sure of. It implies coming to a judgment on a subject before learning where the preponderance of evidence actually lies, or forming a judgment without direct experience. Does this sound familiar?


    We are prejudging something, if I have a choice, I will look for groups who think as I do, and enjoy the same martial art as I do. Cut and Paste: This stifles martial art development because the martial arts should be alive and therefore constantly changing. I know you know this, but Martial arts are not one-dimensional cultures but multidimensional. There are people that will say only the martial arts that have grappling are effective systems of Combat. (Actually most systems of martial arts have grappling, to include Taekwondo.)
    .

    But prejudging is our natural inclination that, when applied to social interactions, can be devastating to groups that are under-represented (some people call them wired).
    Now it is said in karate that the only way to be part of a living transformation is to not prejudge. I think this is the roots of effective martial arts i.e. testing evidence.

    Holding a politically unpopular view is not in itself prejudice, and politically popular views are not necessarily free of prejudice. So donít get me twisted James Brown.

    Funakoshi and Gogen Yamagochi overcame prejudging and gained acceptance of their systems of Karate. It seems in the martial art world there are always people and organizations that use prejudging for their own benefit. That is why BJJ has done so well, they donít argue, they just Kick Ass! Itís not new, it is effective old School!

    Remember, in order to whoop ASS you got to bring ASS. I guess that is what keeps those of us with experience humble. If it is a martial art (war like) it can probably kill you. It's fatalistic and 'deathist' to believe dying is inevitable--or necessary to ... some sort of martial explanation of why death was not such a bad thing after all. I guess you will always have inexperienced novices out their challenging people and offering their lives to raise their ego. Itís kind of cool to see the transition. Most martial artist with experience finally moves to Speaking softly and carrying a big stick.

    Iím sure you know Iím not talking about the sports of Martial arts.


    The Mantis
      #504
  5. Don Gwinn is online now
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,570

    Posted On:
    2/19/2007 8:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even know I was a charismatic leader of men until you told me. I suppose I owe you one.

    If anything here misrepresents Don or Comba-Tai, I apologize.
    Your apology is accepted. I'm glad we could put this behind us and . . . . oh, wait. There's more after that.

    No I donít think it is funny, it is disrespectful to imply you are something you are not!
    I agree, which is why I didn't imply any such thing.

    Based on your experience level you donít have the right to evaluate experience martial artist! You are very insulting in this regard!
    That's too stupid to argue, so I'm just going to take the simple route: You did not grant me the right to speak my mind, and you can't revoke it. Pretending otherwise makes you look silly.

    Just so everyone is clear! By your own words, you donít represent a martial art! You are not an Instructor/Examiner and you canít give out Certifications! Have you trained any students of martial arts that can protect themselves?
    You are the only one here who ever pretended to be unclear on this point. In fact, right before you posted this gem, you posted that I had in fact claimed to represent a martial art etc. etc. You can't even make up your own mind.

    I honesty did the research. I know Comba-Tai people; I talked with them, read their manuscripts and notes. I have even met with their research council. I have interviewed Jones, Richard Steele, Parham, Ronin and Warrior Yang. Iíve purchased pictures and DVDís. Yet, I am not qualified to fully evaluate them. And you are?
    I am waiting for you to share the results of all that research or stop harping about it. You claim I'm hiding some truth, and you claim to have it. The simplest solution if that were true would be for you to lay the truth out there. What could I do if you laid out facts backed up by evidence? Who would believe me if I tried to contradict you then?
    Besides, I want to know the truth as much as everybody else, so I'd like to see these facts you're holding so close to the vest. What were the 42 points on which "Michael Bell" contradicted Comba-Tai teachings at E-Budo?

    Why didnít you ask how they knew who Michael Bell was?
    What would be the point of asking that? There are two competing explanations for Michael Bell's posts (he was a novice student or he was a sock puppet.) In either case, they would know who he was. Either they know because one of them invented the character, or they know who he was because he studied Comba-Tai with them for at least three months. Neither answer proves anything.

    t is interesting that you avoided this request:
    Actually, what I did was answer a whole bunch of your silliness and state rather graciously that I would answer anything I missed upon request. I'll just ignore your tone and take that as a request that I post the list you requested. It's not long:

    1. Comba-Tai's Proboards Forum
    2. Bullshido.net
    3. E-Budo
    4. The Underground (mma.tv)
    5. Kendo World

    Why did you imply such a lie? As a professional expert how could you make this blatant procedural investigator's error? Didnít you know that you were potentially damaging their friendship and bringing question to Robert Parhamís reputation? You knew John was with Jones before Parham. Why were you trying to start trouble with the friends of Parham?
    Sweet Jeebus Crow, are you ever getting desperate.
    In order:
    1. I didn't imply any lies. I asked a question.
    2. Straw men are fallacies. Using them makes you look foolish.
    3. No, because I wasn't. Mr. Parham was the one who suggested that I ask Mr. Dixson, so I did. It was a simple question--one, by the way, that Mr. Dixson was only too happy to answer. Perhaps you should tell him that he was offended and ready to end his friendship with Mr. Parham; I don't think he realized it.
    4. That's irrelevant, so let's go on to 5.
    5. Mr. Parham told me that Guerra and Dixson, among others, were people I could ask about his credentials as a fighter and a coach. I took that to mean that Guerra and Dixson, among others, were people I could ask about his credentials as a fighter and a coach. It's possible that I missed some subtle nuance there, but I don't think so. And again, Guerra and Dixson didn't say anything to me about being offended. They answered my questions in a very straightforward manner and were very helpful.

    What ever!
    Awesome.

    If you're not a lesbian with knockout power and machine guns, it's hard to get Bullshido as a whole to agree on much.

    What are you talking about!
    You should really get out and enjoy what Bullshido has to offer. I left out a lot of the reasons Annatrocity and Kidspatula have such a following here. Read some other threads, man. You might like it here.

    If I hadnít seen the video, I would say this guy must have something. This is what is disturbing about a person who sells themselves as an evaluator over the internet. Don, you can be Bruce Lee on the internet, until reputable martial artist see what they can do.
    Because I told them about Throwdowns and offered to buy dinner after? You are ridiculous. Just how terrified are you of meeting people and sparring with them? What is the big deal about this? Is it so incredible that some people actually don't mind sparring people who are better than they are?
    Again, Bullshido members do this all the time. It's no big deal. You act as if only the masters spar, only the masters meet up, and everyone else should be too scared. Maybe in Mantis kung fu that's the norm, but in a lot of arts you start sparring in a limited way in your first week. All these wacky assumptions about "this guy must have something" if he's willing to SPAR are your assumptions. They aren't reasonable assumptions and they're not very convincing to reasonable people.

    Yet, you continue to call them ďcultish,Ē ďwhacky,Ē and ďAfroÖ, Ē it all gives you the appearance of a deep dark troll with a hidden agenda.
    To be fair, I said that a statement sounded cultish (it did,) I called their history claims "Afro-centric" (many agree that it is,) and I called you wacky. (You've been busily proving me right.)

    Don, it is funny but your honesty is always missing something. You never showed them the video of you ďplay sparring!Ē THEY FOUND THE VIDEO BY ACCIDENT! You werenít going to show it to them on your own accord.
    I showed it to anyone in the world who wants to see it (as long as they have internet access) of my own accord. I also gave them the link to the site where it's hosted.
    Despite your attempts to take the focus off Comba-Tai and create a tempest in a tea cup about about my "right" to "evaluate" something, that's not what's at issue here and everyone knows it. If I had absolutely zero experience in martial arts--zero, none, nothing--I'd still have every right to ask any question I want and decide for myself what makes sense and what doesn't.

    Your insistence that I don't have the qualifications to judge anything related to Comba-Tai leads to a serious problem. If someone with no or little martial arts experience can't decide whether Comba-Tai is an honest art and an honest organization, being presented honestly, then how would such a person ever decide whether to train in it or not?
    By your logic, people without martial arts experience should accept whatever they're told by whoever presents himself as a master, grandmaster, soke or whatever, because after all, they have no right to evaluate. In the real world, that won't work for anyone.



    I have, however, noticed two errors in my last couple of posts.

    1. Kemetic Pyramid, not triangle.
    2. The UnderGround is another forum where I don't post under my name. I go by Preemptive Tap there, although I do sign all my posts.
    *********************************************
      #505
  6. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/20/2007 2:46pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iíve read all your post. You are in trouble with a number of families and people. I tried to help you! I did! Now, you are on your own.

    Youíve been viciously unfair Don. I invited you to the Comba-Tai board and you tried to hurt an organization that has never hurt anyone theyíve served. Call the bases and check the testimonials.

    Based on your post you had a hidden agenda. You did! Please Stop Lying! That is truth, why donít you ďman up!Ē One day you may destroy a martial art, but today you are busily being a pathetic want to be martial artist who gets his jollies by inflicting unfair insults. YOU DONíT HAVE A RIGHT TO DO THIS!

    I am waiting for you to share the results of all that research or stop harping about it. You claim I'm hiding some truth, and you claim to have it. The simplest solution if that were true would be for you to lay the truth out there. What could I do if you laid out facts backed up by evidence? Who would believe me if I tried to contradict you then?
    Besides, I want to know the truth as much as everybody else, so I'd like to see these facts you're holding so close to the vest. What were the 42 points on which "Michael Bell" contradicted Comba-Tai teachings at E-Budo?
    Are you kidding! You ignored the simplest solution months ago. I wouldnít share camel dung with you as it relates to any system of martial arts or any person in the martial arts. I am sorry I told you about Master Garcia or the Comba-Tai board. I donít like you wasting peopleís time with your irrelevant questions. You will have to get that information from Jones himself! Good luck! His concern is that you think he needs to send information to you to clear the name of Comba-Tai. He doesnít feel he answers to you. Who does? I think heís right. If you request the information, I humbly suggest you not pretend you will use it to help Comba-Tai. Donít give them a positive report; this would really insult the Comba-Tai leadership.


    What would be the point of asking that? There are two competing explanations for Michael Bell's posts (he was a novice student or he was a sock puppet.) In either case, they would know who he was. Either they know because one of them invented the character, or they know who he was because he studied Comba-Tai with them for at least three months. Neither answer proves anything.
    You really donít see the point?


    Actually, what I did was answer a whole bunch of your silliness and state rather graciously that I would answer anything I missed upon request. I'll just ignore your tone and take that as a request that I post the list you requested. It's not long:

    1. Comba-Tai's Proboards Forum
    2. Bullshido.net
    3. E-Budo
    4. The Underground (mma.tv)
    5. Kendo World

    You tried to clear your name. Those that donít agree with you are silly. You didnít answer anything I was asking. This suggests you are dishonest.

    Why did you imply such a lie? As a professional expert how could you make this blatant procedural investigator's error? Didnít you know that you were potentially damaging their friendship and bringing question to Robert Parhamís reputation? You knew John was with Jones before Parham. Why were you trying to start trouble with the friends of Parham?

    You Did not answer this question. Try again. You lied.


    If I hadnít seen the video, I would say this guy must have something. This is what is disturbing about a person who sells themselves as an evaluator over the internet. Don, you can be Bruce Lee on the internet, until reputable martial artist see what they can do.
    You did not answer this question. Answer the question Big Don!

    You did accept a challenge as though you were someone who could fight. But you canít because you donít have authoritarian command and experience in the field. You would probably do better evaluating surgical or pharmacological procedures.



    To be fair, I said that a statement sounded cultish (it did,) I called their history claims "Afro-centric" (many agree that it is,) and I called you wacky. (You've been busily proving me right.)
    To be fair? Are you kidding, you are never fair! You are lying once again. To be fair, this is what you said, ďHmm. It's statements like this that make people wonder. Sometimes it sounds cultish.Ē So, you were not implying anything? Perhaps as always, you didnít know what you were saying. But the Comba-Tai people think they know what you were saying. Perhaps they are all silly. I know, I know, everybody is silly but your friends. You sound like a jerk. Sorry, I hope you are not a jerk.


    Don, it is funny but your honesty is always missing something. You never showed them the video of you ďplay sparring!Ē THEY FOUND THE VIDEO BY ACCIDENT! You werenít going to show it to them on your own accord.
    You did not answer this. Why didnít you tell them what your credentials were? You were misleading. And everyone knows it.



    If I had absolutely zero experience in martial arts--zero, none, nothing--I'd still have every right to ask any question I want and decide for myself what makes sense and what doesn't.
    [QUOTE]

    First of all you do have zero experience. Admit it! And yes you do have the right to ask any question as long as it is respectful. Although I donít think you have the right to publish your views as authority figure. You have not been respectful in any stretch of the imagination. I donít think youíve been honest! You can ask any question as a customer, but you couldnít come into a Jeet Kun Do school and say they are not adhering to the spirit of martial arts if you have ZERO EXPERIENCE. You have the right to evaluate, but you do not have the write to make disparaging comments and bring the school credibility into question when all you have is ďhere say.Ē Also you are not an authoritarian command.

    I think the Comba-Tai people said they were open to constructive criticism.

    Constructive criticism is a form of communication, in which a person tries to correct the behavior of another in a non-authoritarian way, and is generally, a diplomatic approach about what another person is doing socially incorrect. It is 'constructive' as opposed to a command or an insult and is meant as a peaceful and benevolent approach. Participatory Learning in Pedagogy in based on these principles of constructive criticism.
    Constructive Criticism is not what youíve done!

    Your insistence that I don't have the qualifications to judge anything related to Comba-Tai leads to a serious problem. If someone with no or little martial arts experience can't decide whether Comba-Tai is an honest art and an honest organization, being presented honestly, then how would such a person ever decide whether to train in it or not?
    You did not present yourself as a customer! You presented yourself as a professional critic. There is a difference. A customer asks who are you, what are your prices and what do you offer? Then they wait for an answer! They are typically asking this of a business whose services they may use. I donít think there is hope that you could ever use the services of Comba-Tai. Wouldnít this make your actions questionable? All you do is spout unfair preconceived notions. This is what is unfair and you cannot wipe it away. Don, you did present yourself as an expert critic. There is a difference. Modern critics include professionals or amateurs who regularly judge or interpret performances or other works and, typically, publish their observations, often in periodicals. But shouldnít they have some experience to do this level of criticism? YOU HAVE NONE!


    By your logic, people without martial arts experience should accept whatever they're told by whoever presents himself as a master, grandmaster, soke or whatever, because after all, they have no right to evaluate. In the real world, that won't work for anyone.Ē


    STOP IT! Stop It Don!
    Why would you lie on me? I am starting to believe you are a liar. My logic says you canít make professional judgments as an authoritarian unless you understand the subject matter.
    Well meaning martial artist present their system to parents, children and adults all the time. I am sure you have seen some of the success stories on the Comba-Tai board. In fact, everyone should apply the same scrutiny to martial art schools that they apply to any school. It is misleading to enter a class to evaluate intricate professional teaching skills if you DONíT UNDERSTAND TEACHING DYNAMICS. COME ON MAN, GET A GRIP. THE THINGS YOU DO SUGGEST DISHONESTY and a hidden agenda. NOW, you have the truth.


    Let us Cut and Past from the Comba-Tai Board:

    It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

    It appears you are the worse kind of critic!
    I didnít answer your questions on sparring because you are not at the level to engage in such in argument. That is truth. In the long run, I honestly hope you achieve your dreams. Good Luck!
      #506
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    2/20/2007 2:53pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iíve read all your post. You are in trouble with a number of families and people. I tried to help you! I did! Now, you are on your own.
    Mafia????!!!!!
      #507
  8. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/20/2007 3:02pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inspector Don, how did it go with Master Garcia?

    Does he think you are honestly trying to find out about him and his organization?

    Did you question his business practices?

    Did you get testimonials?

    Have you asked for his curriculum, flyer or pamphlet?

    Did you discuss combat effectiveness / self-defense?

    I am sure you looked at physical conditioning / health?

    I what point did you get into aesthetics / skill in performance?

    I am curious, when did you discuss self-control / mental development?

    Or, did you buy pass all that and suggest by your e-mail that he was a phony? You have already suggested it on this website. I am sure that he has seen your post and my post and he knows what you are saying. Is he willing to dialogue with an honest person like you? Doubtful? Perhaps he is silly for not bowing to you.

    Master Garcia is a high level instructor and martial artist. It is unfortunate that you would plaster his name all over this website and suggest that he is nothing more than a charlatan. It is hard to believe that a person with your intellect would do that.

    Perhaps he should clear his name by pleading his case to you! Iím curious, why should he care about your assessmentówhy should anyone care about your assessment? He is a tested martial artist and you are not. Your questions are your questions, but shouldnít you have some responsibility about openly publishing allegations or suggestive statements on the internet?

    Big Don, all this has the appearance of dishonesty, it just does! I know itís all wacky to you. I am just wacky enough to believe you shouldnít make suggestive statements. If you know something, post it. If you donít, reframe from posting inflammatory remarks. Criticism is important in our democracy, but so is fairness.
      #508
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    2/20/2007 3:04pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Mafia????!!!!!

    Mafia? Funny!

    There just good people whoíve gotten a valued service through the years.
      #509
  10. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    2/20/2007 4:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    My logic says I'm an idiot.
    Fixed that for you. Bro, you're not coming across real well in the communication department. And, before you start accusing me of chanting Don Gwinn's name as some part of a cultish holy rite, I wouldn't know him if I ran over him on the street. I've agreed with some of his views and disagreed with others - but that's not the point.

    You write a paragraph of accusations and then demand Gwinn answer the question...but you forget to actually include a question. You make some really bizarre leaps of what may pass for logic in your world, such as this statement:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    To be fair? Are you kidding, you are never fair! You are lying once again. To be fair, this is what you said, ďHmm. It's statements like this that make people wonder. Sometimes it sounds cultish.Ē So, you were not implying anything?
    Umm, no, he wasn't implying anything. He was flat out saying that it sounded cultish. What's the 'hidden implication' in "Hmm, that sounds a little cultish?" Let me remind you what he said here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    To be fair, I said that a statement sounded cultish (it did,)
    I'm not going to bother to point out the logical fallacies and mistakes in your post, but here is a shining example of misdirection:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    You really donít see the point?
    Using your own stated understanding of instruction and education, I would expect you to elucidate us on this point, not yammer about how Don Gwinn doesn't see the point you believe to be so important. Here's a hint - MAKE the point and then explain WHY it is relevant to the issue at hand (which is Combat-Tai, not Don Gwinn). Welcome to the investigative process...

    Oh, and let me reiterate something I just said...this thread is about Combat-Tai. Gwinn is doing what any number of posters on Bullshido would do - asking questions and forming opinions based on the answers he gets (or lack thereof). If you want to start a thread about how Gwinny-Pooh doesn't understand Freire's critical pedagogy, do it, but stop whining. It makes you look like a dick.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"
      #510

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.