Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is now the number one and two results on Google for "Comba-tai." We're only number three if you search for "comba tai".

Still haven't been approved to post at the Comba-Tai freeweb boards. I expect it'll be awhile with the holiday. Maybe not tomorrow, either.

I haven't found contact information for Master Parham, but since we have it for Dr. Jones maybe I'll contact him later. The morning of New Year's Day is probably not an appropriate time.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    This thread is now the number one and two results on Google for "Comba-tai." We're only number three if you search for "comba tai".

Still haven't been approved to post at the Comba-Tai freeweb boards. I expect it'll be awhile with the holiday. Maybe not tomorrow, either.

I haven't found contact information for Master Parham, but since we have it for Dr. Jones maybe I'll contact him later. The morning of New Year's Day is probably not an appropriate time.

Just let us know if we need to make BS the #1 site for Jones too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 3:52pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by porch
    What happened to Mantis, anyhow? I mean, did Jones do something to him?

Check out page 3 of this thread. Mantis seems like a good old MA skeptic, laughing at the bogus history of Comba-tai and everything. The thread was over. He comes back 2 months later and says he talked to this Alonzo Jones character and the fighting seems ok, but it's boxing, wrestling and kempo, not some Ancient Afrikan Sekrit; Jones is a harmless nutter.

Now he seems like he's had an all-out conversion: He buys into most (although not necessarily all) of the oddball history. Has had a moral/religious shift, and ties it into MA...Blessed Warriors and ****? Martial Arts is all about the children, what?

Mantis, are you there? Do you remember the good old days, when your brain was still dirty, not yet washed? Or does Jones tell you that those were the bad old days, and that without him you will go back to your sinful ways and perish? Just wondering...
    Don,

You don't need to wait. You can post anytime you want on the Comba-Tai site. You don't have to be registered on the site to post.

Don, I never threatened anyone with gang violence, after all, I'm not a gang member. It's just when I hear computer martial artist whose goal it is to discredit people because they themselves have never done anything substancial to to give back to the true martial art community, well, I think it's sickning.

It seems to me from all the rants, that you would be gratified just to discredit Mr. Jones. So screw the $10,000.

If you challenge me, it is a big deal...none of us are friends so I consider it a life and death challenge...who knows what you will try to do if I spar with you, so no we will fight. I plan to survive!!!

How have any of you used your skills to help any part of the world.

WHY DID MY OPINION ABOUT JONES CHANGE:

I guess because I wasn't trying to win an argument, I was trying to find the truth. As long as I agreed with you clowns (people with made up faces) I was considered trust worthy and a friend. Now that my research causes me to disagree, I am considered an enemy. Yes Bullshido sounds like a cult of bullies!

At first Dr. Jones wouldn't talk to me, but after he saw I was just looking for the truth, I was able to ask him questions. My questions were based on the careful research I did on Comba-Tai. After I asked my questions and witnessed his demonstrations, I knew there was much more to Comba-Tai than what I originally thought. Below are the questions I asked:

1. What Proof do you have for a six thousand year old tradition?
    2. Comba-Tai is not an African Word. If your art has a six thousand year old tradition, why isnít the name 6,000 years old?
    3. If I could disprove the six thousand year old tradition how would it affect Comba-Tai?
    4. Youíve written that your grandfather was a Baptist Minister, why did the Ethiopians in Laurel change their faith? Isnít it true that the Ethiopians were Monophysite, while the Baptist believes in two distinct natures of Christ?
    5. The Ethiopians and the Nubians did not associate with each other. How could a Nubian be in the family of someone from the house of Shewa?
    6. Why would Knights charged with protecting the king, retreat to the America?
    7. Why would Black Africans escape to the antebellum south?

8. Your system seems like a sound martial art, why is 6,000 years such a magic number?

9. Isnít it true that you made up Comba-Tai?

10. Youíve said that Africans were the first to engage in striking and grappling in North America. How did you come to this conclusion? Were these Africans apart of your family?

11. Youíve written that Asian Pacific culture has a monogenesis from Africa? What is your proof for this assertion?

12. You disagree with Professor Mary Lefkowitz. You say she is racist. Her book seems extremely scholarly, why do you try to discredit her by calling her a racist? Doesnít this make you sound racist?

13. What were the names of the Africans that came to the ďFree State of Jones?Ē

14. What proof do you have that native Africans lived in Laurel?

15. Every movement Iíve seen in your school looks like Asian or Western martial arts, yet you claim itís African. How is it African if all I see is current martial arts?

16. Why do you believe that the Egyptian culture was devised from indigenous populations? Why do you believe that Egypt and Kush disseminated culture to the Greeks. What evidence do you have for this assertion?

17. Where did you receive your Bachelors and Masters degree?

18. Where did you receive your Doctorate degree?

19. What do you hold a Doctorate degree in?

20. How long have you taught Comba-Tai history?

21. Name at least 10 techniques that are African in your system?

22. If your system is pure, why does it look like traditional boxing, judo, point karate and Tai boxing?

23. Your grandfather was named Jones, why did the Ethiopians change their name to Jones?

24. What books have you read on the "Free State Of Jones"? Did you get your theories from these books?

25. How do any of the books on the ďFree State of JonesĒ support your theories?

26. Have you ever talked to Victoria E. Bynum who wrote the "Free State of Jones?" If so, what did she say about your postulations and about your families history?

27. Why is everyone in Comba-Tai mandated to find their own path? If it is a 6,000 year old unbroken tradition, should you have a single path?

28. Is Comba-Tai a Christian Martial Art? Can people from different religions be apart of Comba-Tai. If not, why?

29. What arts have you studied and who were your instructors?

30. Have you ever fought in any tournaments? If so what tournaments have you won?

31. Can you list some tournaments or championships your students hold?

32. If it true that youíve trained some members of Para-rescue in hand to hand Combat and jungle ware fare? Is this true?

33. I heard that you trained people in a joint service command in hand to hand Combat. Is this true? Why are they no longer with you?

34. There is a website that says you served on a domestic Anti Terrorist Team during desert storm. Is this true?

35. Could Comba-Tai be considered a Mixed Martial Art? If so what is it mixed with? I've heard it has elements of a Brazilian martial art. Can you name the Brazilian martial art itís connected to?

36. Can you explain the Royal Order of the Sword and Shield? What is the ranking structure?

37. How many instructors have you trained? Why is it mandated for each of your instructors help their community or resign their ranks?

38. The Knights of Saint Anthony were Christian. Are all members of Comba-Tai Christian? If yes Why?

39. Do you have any students that have entered MMA championships? If so, how did they do?

40. If it true that you believe that martial arts can be traced to the Bible? If so, how did you come to this conclusion?

41. Youíve written that the bible was written in Africa and that the early Jews were black. You also said that the early Jews were taught a martial art in Africa. How did you come to this conclusion?

42. Is it true that you believed Christ was a martial artist?

43. Is it true that you believe Christ was black?

44. Youíve said that Christianity is the only true religion, but Christians must love all religions. Isnít this a contradiction? Why did you say this?

45. Itís said that you use martial arts to help gang members and incarcerated adults. Donít you think teaching gang members and prisoners is stupid?

46. What is the philosophy of Comba-Tai?

47. What are your reasons for teaching Comba-Tai?

48. Do you consider yourself an Afrocentrist?

49. Isnít Afrocentrisim made up of myth to elevate black people? Afrocentrisim enhances the possibility of African Americans, so how do your white students feel about this?

50. Do you agree that Afrocentrism should be an Excuse to Teach Myth as History?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    By the way, I checked and this thread is now the number two result on Google for "comba-tai."
    Don,

It's been number two for about two years. But I agree it is an accomplishment for Bullshido. Perhaps now Bullshido will get main stream publicity. I look forward to seeing how hard you work at attaching your name to Comba-Tai.

Perhaps you can expose our servicemen to the atrocities of Comba-Tai. After, I look forward to seeing the effective MMA program you set up for them. My uncle fought in World War II and he never threw a punch. He SHOT people!:qleft6:

The best MMA fighter canít beat a bullet or a knife! Now that can be proved, I am sure we all agree.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 4:27pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mantis

if you still have the questions.. it only makes sense you still have answers, no? I'd love to read that article. could you please post a link to it. I am curious to see jones's replies......

thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Don,

It's been number two for about two years. But I agree it is an accomplishment for Bullshido. Perhaps now Bullshido will get main stream publicity. I look forward to seeing how hard you work at attaching your name to Comba-Tai.

Perhaps you can expose our servicemen to the atrocities of Comba-Tai. After, I look forward to seeing the effective MMA program you set up for them. My uncle fought in World War II and he never threw a punch. He SHOT people!:qleft6:

The best MMA fighter canít beat a bullet or a knife! Now that can be proved, I am sure we all agree.
    Oh, one more thing ... when you post on the Comba-Tai Website, please tell them that you help connect them with Bullshido on the internet. I am sure that will make them happy. Being supported by your credible organization makes everyone willing to cooperate and answer questions ... after all, you come in peace and respect!

I wonder if they will see it the way I see it (i.e. peace and respect) or think of you as a disrespectful virus. I donít think theyíve done you anything, but please let them know what youíve tried to do to them. Iíll be interested to see their response.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 5:01pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, one more thing ... when you post on the Comba-Tai Website, please tell them that you help connect them with Bullshido on the internet. I am sure that will make them happy. Being supported by your credible organization makes everyone willing to cooperate and answer questions ... after all, you come in peace and respect!

I wonder if they will see it the way I see it (i.e. peace and respect) or think of you as a disrespectful virus. I donít think theyíve done you anything, but please let them know what youíve tried to do to them. Iíll be interested to see their response.

any idea where the doctorate mr. jones claims was issued from?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^
    Yeah, damned, I could have posted 1500 questions myself - it's fucking pointless without Jones' answers, isn't it?
    You wrote he spoke to you (you were allowed to ask questions). Did he communicate with you via mind waves or are you having a hard time re-typing his answers?
    I just hope you had a tape recorder with yourself and will not try to re-formulate his answers by heart...
    And one more thing: I guess nobody here on Bullshido is against anybody working with problematic children/youth or "giving back to the community".
    But one can do those things without claiming to come straight from the queen of Sheba's tasty *****, right?
    And yeah, lest I forget:
    could we see Mr. Jones's answers to your nice 50 questions, please?
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wait a moment...
    Why the hell are you defending/arguing/whatever you call it Comba Tai over a zillion pages if you're not one of them?
    Now you go "ask them", "e-mail them", "tell them"...
    Mantis, Mantis, you're behaving more and more strangely...
    Aren't you Mr. Jones by all chances?
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 5:30pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait on a second! Using your logic....

I have a black belt in TKD and I teach classes to LEO specifically.
    Actually I also have a yellow belt in Kenpo.

Does this mean the police I teach do TKD and Kenpo?!?

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins