223554 Bullies, 4495 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 1126
Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Iscariot is offline

    I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    1,661

    Posted On:
    12/29/2006 6:56pm


     Style: Student Jutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humm
    Where the **** is Miyagi-san?
    In Avalon with King Arthur, waiting for the final battle against Coda Scott, Ashida Kim and Jesus.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta
      #111
  2. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 3:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want the desired result you state you came here to get, it's not that hard. You simply need to give us something verifiable.

    Personally, I'll start paying a lot more attention when you name the Comba-Tai student or instructor who has won at least one fight in the UFC or the IFC. You claimed there were "many students" who have won in "the UFC and IFC." I'd like you to name one for each organization, please. If you know of more than one, so much the better.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 12/30/2006 4:07am at .
    *********************************************
      #112
  3. HonkyTonkMan is offline
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar

    Y SO SRIUS?

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,434

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 9:15am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Oldman,


    You said: “So he teaches for free? Probably because he has SOME part of a soul and realizes he is making this &%$# up.” Why would he waist his time, especially if he had a soul?

    “Irony is right!”
    Please show me the "irony" here. I am now convinced that you dont know what it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I agree ... I am in no way qualified to relay the history of Dr. Jones family…
    This could have saved us all a lot fo time , if you had said this earlier. I think its more of a case of...."Oh ****, THESE guys are actually gonna check out what I am saying!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I was simply trying to defend a young kid named Eric.
    No, you were trying to pass out your wild claims about this guy. You told us all about how badass he was, and then started telling us to ask this guy and this guy, and this guy. Then you gave us those peoples qualifications. However, you left out some things.

    A. Contact Information for the people you wanted us to ask
    B. ANY verification that these people are who you say they are
    C. I know some Navy Seals. They think Im not a TOTAL Spaz.......does this mean I am a badass too? NO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I’m not even a fair Comba-Tai historian. His senior student Robert Parham is who you need to contact about the history. I wish Dr. Jones would publish his book; it is truly a scholarly work with beautiful pictures of some of the African fighting stuff. He’ll probably just give it away to his students … It’s call the Majesty of Comba-Tai.
    Not a fair CT historian? Then why are you here? WHy are you telling me all this info about CT, if you dont know?
    Wish he would publish his book? I will bet I know why he doesnt. People will quickly see that CT is a (to borrow a phrase) is hocus pocus bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    By the way the history is not an important part of the art of Comba-Tai as I see it... many of his students are not that fluent in the history...
    History IS an important part of CT, ESPECIALLY if they are claiming it is 6,000 years old.
    Again.....the irony here hurts me. It doesnt suprise me that most of his students are not well versed in history. Thats probably how he perpetuates his lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    it is the training that is so valuable and what his students become from their training. Anyway Dr. Jones is a certified instructor in other systems beside Comba-Tai. In addition he is a USA boxing coach ... he teaches boxing for free to kids as well.
    None of this adds ANY validation to the fact that he claims CT is 6k years old.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    He is employed by the state as a Behavior Modification Coach through BADA and the United States Department of Health and Human Services. He works with severly at-risk kids and he works on the gang taskforce as well.
    Wow, is this guy ar549's dad? More wild ass claims. WHen does he find time to do ALL of these things?
    BTW, BM Coach.....? Its a tech college degree. Not some fancy pedigree that he earned after years of study.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Once I asked him why he taught for free ... he says that God has given him a gift to teach and if he took money for it, he believes he would lose that gift. Well he is a gifted teacher, I've seen him teach mentally challenged children and consistently they become phenomenal.
    Really? Lose that gift? Whatever.

    A. Phenomenal how? From complete vegetables, to World class atheletes?
    B. This doesnt have ANYTHING to do with CT effectivness, history being real, or him being "the greatest MA we've ever seen"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I guess the stuff could be made up … because it works like a dream for kids that need it…but many kids would tell you like Eric, “he is the Greatest martial artist we’ve ever seen.”
    You guess? Ok.....
    SO you are in a round about way admitting that he made up CT, to help kids?

    Or once again, you have realised that the things you have been told are all BS, and see that EVERYTHING you say is going to need verification.

    One last thing...


    You havent listed the UFC / IFC fighters that take/took CT. Please do so, or STFU and never come back.
      #113
  4. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,127

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 12:33pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the proof that Cobra-kai is indeed t3h d33dly... 6,000 year old Royal Warrior tradition and is the oldest MA... Because he says so !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobrakai2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	6850  

    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
      #114
  5. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 11:50pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Please show me the "irony" here. I am now convinced that you dont know what it means.
    .

    Indeed--Are you kidding about Irony? So you really don't see the Irony in your statement:glasses3:


    Good Try everyone but no Cigar -- I have given you contacts, books and places, all I can say is do your work. I want to hear what you guys have found, I can tell you things all day. Saying BS is the easiest two letters in the English language. :sleepy3:

    Or better yet, why don't you discredit something I've said. :qright6:

    I'm not convinced that Comba-Tai has existed for 6,000 years but I think Dr. Jones arguments are convincing. Until you have the courage to call him and research the literature I've given you...I guess you will be satisfied with being content to rant and hope it's not true.

    Indeed, I am not the best person to relay the history of Comba-Tai, but I am a better judge than you...at least I have done my research at the source. (Remember the Trojan horse was BS until someone got of their hinny) I am sorry to say this, Old man, don't be an internet coward.

    As far as the IFC and the UFC you will have to check with Grandmaster Robert Parham, the universal black belt hall of Fame inductee, he has posted pictures of those who have been effected by the Comba-Tai fighting skills and won these events on the Comba-Tai site.

    So I leave all of you with this:

    Stop your crying about a history and an art you obviously don't know the first thing about and ask Dr. Jones or his students. You are lazy, I am not going to do your work for you ... however, if one person--only one--can discredit anything I've said about Comba-Tai--and I'm not the best qualified on the subject-- I will apologize for saying it and conceded it is bull. Dr. Jones has written a verifiable history of Comba-Tai, some may disagree with his facts, but none can disprove the tapestry of his claims. One fact, time will make us agree on... you can never discredit someone or something because of your insecurity … Please ask the Man or meet with him or be quiet. Please. :qright6:

    I'm sure after one conversation with the Grandmaster or sparring cession with him or any of the Students of Comba-Tai, you can destroy all the claims of a 6,000 year old tradition.

    I will stand by:icon_bigs
      #115
  6. Uechidude is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    385

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 12:19am


     Style: Uechi Ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^ one of the better trolls yet .
      #116
  7. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,589

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 6:28am

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I'm sure after one conversation with the Grandmaster or sparring cession with him or any of the Students of Comba-Tai, you can destroy all the claims of a 6,000 year old tradition.
    You don't seem to give your Grandmaster much chances, do you? :5geezer:
    Tonuzaba

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
      #117
  8. HonkyTonkMan is offline
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar

    Y SO SRIUS?

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,434

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 8:26am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Indeed--Are you kidding about Irony? So you really don't see the Irony in your statement
    Again....please point it out. Since you havent I will assume that you dont know what it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Good Try everyone but no Cigar -- I have given you contacts, books and places, all I can say is do your work. I want to hear what you guys have found, I can tell you things all day. Saying BS is the easiest two letters in the English language.
    You havent given us anything. How do I contact these people? What are their email address', or phone numbers? You told us who but not how. It isnt up to me to find out their info. You provide it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Or better yet, why don't you discredit something I've said.
    Do I need to go back and quote MS Red? He has discredited much that you have said. You then retract your statements. So, why do I need to do it again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I'm not convinced that Comba-Tai has existed for 6,000 years but I think Dr. Jones arguments are convincing. Until you have the courage to call him and research the literature I've given you...I guess you will be satisfied with being content to rant and hope it's not true.
    Do you realize how fucking stupid this makes you sound? You arent convinced, but Dr. Jones (the greatest MA you have ever seen, remember?) is convincing? Which is it?

    This, is called hedging your bets. You have blindly jumped in to defend CT, using the Bullshit that has been fed to you by Jones. Then someone calls you on it and you suddenly say, well "Im not convinced". You suck. Go away, or pick a fucking side asshat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Indeed, I am not the best person to relay the history of Comba-Tai, but I am a better judge than you...
    No one said you werent the best person to tell us the history. YOU DID.

    Again.....you sound stupid. Youre arent the best person to back up CT, but yet ...you are. You are a moron. Please read your posts before hitting the submit button. It would be beneficial to your case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    at least I have done my research at the source. (Remember the Trojan horse was BS until someone got of their hinny) I am sorry to say this, Old man, don't be an internet coward.
    Research at the source? Thats like asking a Muslim if Allah exists. Of course he is going to say "Yes". You didnt get an unbiased account of anything. You asked the founder and his cronies for info.

    Trojan horse......WTF are you talking about?

    Internet coward? Please clarify.....are you dropping a challenge bitch? Yes or No?

    Yes or No?....well which is it? Yes or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    As far as the IFC and the UFC you will have to check with Grandmaster Robert Parham, the universal black belt hall of Fame inductee, he has posted pictures of those who have been effected by the Comba-Tai fighting skills and won these events on the Comba-Tai site.
    Nope.....YOU made the statement...YOU provide the source. More bullshit talk by you. BTW, the "universal black belt hall of fame" mean absolutely NOTHING here. Its a good ol boys club for people who like to give themselves titles.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Stop your crying about a history and an art you obviously don't know the first thing about and ask Dr. Jones or his students. You are lazy, I am not going to do your work for you ... however, if one person--only one--can discredit anything I've said about Comba-Tai--and I'm not the best qualified on the subject-- I will apologize for saying it and conceded it is bull. Dr. Jones has written a verifiable history of Comba-Tai, some may disagree with his facts, but none can disprove the tapestry of his claims. One fact, time will make us agree on... you can never discredit someone or something because of your insecurity … Please ask the Man or meet with him or be quiet. Please.
    YOU....I repeat YOU....bumped this old ass thread with your stupid bullshit defense of CT. You wont verify anything. You just give off names like they mean anything, which they dont without contact info.

    The highlighted statement is usually the last word we hear from someone who realizes that they, and the people they worship are full of ****. I will gladly contact ANYONE you give me info to contact.

    If you arent the best qualified...get someone who is, or SHUT THE **** UP.

    Where is the "verifiable" history he wrote. What are the sources. You even said yourself..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I am not oppose to your facts as they outline your argument, but as you know, facts of history can be woven to look the way we want them to look. Agendas often motivate views of history.
    See....more backtracking and bet hedging by you. YOU opened you mouth.....NOBODY HERE ASKED YOU **** .

    Meet him or be quiet? What good will meeting him do? So he can impart his fantasy on me in person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I'm sure after one conversation with the Grandmaster or sparring cession with him or any of the Students of Comba-Tai, you can destroy all the claims of a 6,000 year old tradition.

    I will stand by
    Are you a student of CT. You seem to be. Please attend the next available Throwdown and impress me with your CT abilities.

    I can guess what your response will be to this. "Im not a CT student , just an admirer of Jones."

    I will stand by.
      #118
  9. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 9:18am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uechidude
    ^^^^ one of the better trolls yet .
    ^^posh^^

    This dude seems like he has been duped . I bet "not troll" .

    I have met people like him before . Good people just hoodwinked and lead astray by a charismatic cult leader and group support .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #119
  10. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 9:32am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as the IFC and the UFC you will have to check with Grandmaster Robert Parham, the universal black belt hall of Fame inductee, he has posted pictures of those who have been effected by the Comba-Tai fighting skills and won these events on the Comba-Tai site.
    I call this one. I will contact Master parham and ask him which Comba-Tai students have won in the UFC and IFC.

    I will not ask him which people "effected" by CT won. First of all, I think you may have meant "affected." Second of all, you will not be allowed to move the goalposts. You said that many students of Comba-Tai had won the UFC and the IFC, not that a winner or two had been "affected" by Comba-Tai.

    Unless anyone here is personally acquainted with Master Parham, I'll go ahead and get in touch with him. Then, IF he names some Comba-Tai fighters who've won in the UFC and IFC, I'll contact each of them and they can tell us how Comba-Tai has worked out for them.

    Now, you said that Comba-Tai students have "won the UFC." That clearly means that these students either won the old-style UFC tournaments, or that they won a championship belt in the newer weight-class events.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_champions

    Here's the list of every person who has actually done one of those two things. Which one of those people is a Comba-tai student? I can contact them directly. Maybe Steven Jennum is a Comba-Tai student? Maybe Kenichi Yamamoto--does Comba-Tai have branch schools in Japan? I'm pretty familiar with the history of the rest of those guys, and I don't recall any of them ever mentioning their 6,000 year-old Ethiopian karate style.

    All that said, I did say that I would lower the bar and that I, personally, would accept evidence that a Comba-Tai student had actually won a single fight in the UFC and the IFC, even if it was the same student, so for that information I'll wait for Master Parham. If you can back up your assertion that Comba-Tai students have won the whole thing, now is the time.
    *********************************************
      #120

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.