221938 Bullies, 4267 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1126
Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112 113 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Grashnak is offline
    Grashnak's Avatar

    Old School DM

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,055

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    You have an opinion Ö Great! Thanks.

    I am just guessing, but judging from his opinion, he's not a historian! He cannot help with peer review. He is disqualified from furthering this discussion!


    Useless None Historian Debaters:

    1. Kwoww (disqualified from peer reveiw)

    2. Grashnak (disqualified from peer review)
    Actually, I have a degree in history and work as the head of an intelligence analysis team. I analyze and research information all day. Unlike, obviously, you.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
      #1111
  2. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:09pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot
    If I remember correctly Olorin teaches History to University level. He posted:


    Please refer to the bolded sections for what a historian thinks of your points.

    Great and I have looked at them, but have not varified that Olorin is a historian. Is that his real name. Are you a historian?
      #1112
  3. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:09pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent find, Iscariot. Maybe you could link us to the original post to confirm that your quote is not fabricated.

    Oh, and Mantis, since you're not an historian, why the **** do you keep asking other people if they are?
    Last edited by kwoww; 6/22/2007 1:12pm at .
      #1113
  4. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:14pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Actually, I have a degree in history and work as the head of an intelligence analysis team. I analyze and research information all day. Unlike, obviously, you.

    Let me guess ... we cannot verify your claims now can we? This is Bullshit!

    By the way a degree in history does not make you a historian no more than a degree in medicine makes you a surgeon. Don't bullshit me.

    Useless None Historian Debaters (AKA, Bullshit Artist):

    1. Kwoww (disqualified from peer review)

    2. Grashnak (disqualified from peer review)

    3. Don Shirley (disqualified from peer review)

    4. "It is Fake" (disqualified from peer review)

    Those on this list can not advance my historical discussion because their arguments have proven to be bullshit rhetoric and not actual historical scholarship.
      #1114
  5. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:21pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Excellent find, Iscariot. Maybe you could link us to the original post to confirm that your quote is not fabricated.

    Oh, and Mantis, since you're not an historian, why the **** do you keep asking other people if they are?

    Like you I am not a historian, but I made my claims about history as a student would in a history class. Now I am waiting for my professor to agree or correct me or at least send me in the right direction for the research. Everyone else in the class is handing out bullshit rhetoric. You cannot educate anyone on history, because you nor your friends no anything about ancient history, except of course what you can google.












    Useless None Historian Debaters (AKA, Bullshit Artist):

    1. Kwoww (disqualified from peer review)

    2. Grashnak (disqualified from peer review)

    3. Don Shirley (disqualified from peer review)

    4. "It is Fake" (disqualified from peer review)

    5. Iscariot (disqualified from peer review)

    6. Kohadril (disqualified from peer review)

    Those on this list can not advance my historical discussion because their arguments have proven to be bullshit rhetoric and not actual historical scholarship.



























    THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT COMBA-TAI

    (Most of this is widely known now, but at the time the developer of Comba-Tai wrote about this, the information was not widely known or none existent.)

    The art of Comba-Tai is not 6,000 years old, but a Component of Comba-Tai-- Gezerit el Malik-- is thought to be a 6,000 years old system that is believed to be traced to the Kushite/Nubian Medjay from an Unbroken Lineage. (Also see Gukurana) http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/nubianarchers.html It was the first recorded organized system of hand to hand combat. http://www.hickoksports.com/history/boxing01.shtml , http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Boxing-Gloves.html , http://www.answers.com/topic/boxing-1?cat=technology I donít think there is evidence anywhere that people from Africa to Asia developed complex military skills in isolation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_warfare ( also see: Cambridge Encyclopedia on Africa regarding the Bow) I also believe the documented hand to hand combat that began in Ethiopia was a systematic skill. I believe the Medjay who lived in Ethiopia at this time who developed Kingship engaged in complex systems. http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bi...rames/read/812 I do not believe they were hunter gathers. The evidence does not support a primitive milieu in Ethiopia among the Medjay. http://www.nubianet.org/about/about_history3.html http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/qustul.html

    Alternate View: http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=002...3E2.0.CO%3B2-J
      #1115
  6. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:26pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    No you are wrong ... Dr. Jones does claim that Gezerit el Malik is related to the 6,000 year old tradition of boxing. He did this back in "Warriors of Antiquity" 1995.
    Interesting. Interesting that he'd mention it there and not here. I wonder why. Conveniently, I can find no references to the article that open except those in this thread. But it is patently absurd that Dr. Jones would not have mentioned boxing in that part of that article, unless it was a cut and drop from an earlier writing on the subject, and it predates his 1995 article.

    Seriously, why do you think he didn't mention it in the article we DO have access too? Why wouldn't he have talked about that, considering how important that argument is to his case? Did it just slip his mind? He was literally explaining the direct effect of African martial arts on Comba-Tai and he didn't even MENTION boxing. That's a pretty good indicator it wasn't a part of his family's tradition, and that the boxing he did practice came from Western boxing--a fact he acknowledges in the article only moments before.

    This is also claimed in a Wekipedia file.
    It's claimed in a self-referencing, archived, unposted wikipedia reference desk article in the humanities section. It's an article or two after a segment on Mordor from the Lord of the Rings stories. It didn't make it to the full site. It could have been written by anyone, and I already discussed, in an earlier post, that it only cited things we've seen here in this thread anyway.

    So again, good try but no cigar.
    Really? I'd say that wikipedia article is the thing that isn't winning a cigar.

    I read your arguments and they seem OK, but are you a historian?
    Not professionally. But neither are you, and apparently, neither is Dr. Jones, since he doesn't publish. Olorin, however, is.

    Your interpretation is inconsistent with the above article. If indeed this article "Warriors of Antiquity" exists and was written by Dr. Jones, then it too apparently contradicts this article. Which means we have contradictory accounts of the same oral history from the same person. That's pretty bad for your case.
      #1116
  7. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,144

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:28pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just talked to an old guy who said that his family has passed information along by oral tradition for the last six thousand years. He said the Nubians were dumber than flat gray rocks and the cave pictures were just depicting them trying to teach each other to walk. He also said that the Nubians never could fight worth a **** but would instead just argue pointlessly using faulty reasoning and made up facts. They always lost these arguments but were so blinded by stupidity that they reasoned that they had won. Their top secret arguement mostly consisted of name calling, whining, and pointless victory dances.
      #1117
  8. Grashnak is offline
    Grashnak's Avatar

    Old School DM

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,055

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    By the way a degree in history does not make you a historian no more than a degree in medicine makes you a surgeon. Don't bullshit me.
    Gee, a couple of posts ago you were asking someone if they had a degree in history. I guess times have changed.


    Those on this list can not advance my historical discussion because their arguments have proven to be bullshit rhetoric and not actual historical scholarship.
    Well, if anyone here is qualified to comment on bullshit rhetoric, it would be you.

    Feel free to comment on my extensive comments on the links you posted. I went and read them all. The fact that they don't say anything that supports you is one you really ought to address.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
      #1118
  9. kohadril is offline
    kohadril's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seoul, ROK
    Posts
    551

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:37pm


     Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Like you I am not a historian, but I made my claims about history as a student would in a history class. Now I am waiting for my professor to agree or correct me or at least send me in the right direction for the research. Everyone else in the class is handing out bullshit rhetoric. You cannot educate anyone on history, because you nor your friends no anything about ancient history, except of course what you can google.
    This sounds like something a grade-schooler would say. "You're all bullshitters!" "Nah nah nah nah!" "Thbttbbttt." It's honestly kind of cute. It isn't, however, a response to any of our arguments. It's an appeal to the crowd and an ad hominem attack, and it's a return to your normal MO; arrogance and condescension. This is the refuge of somebody who knows he's got no good arguments to make.

    Also, continually reposting the same block of text isn't fooling anyone.

    Useless None Historian Debaters (AKA, Bullshit Artist):

    1. Kwoww (disqualified from peer review)

    2. Grashnak (disqualified from peer review)

    3. Don Shirley (disqualified from peer review)

    4. "It is Fake" (disqualified from peer review)

    5. Iscariot (disqualified from peer review)

    6. Kohadril (disqualified from peer review)

    Those on this list can not advance my historical discussion because their arguments have proven to be bullshit rhetoric and not actual historical scholarship.
    You just love to pretend you're smarter than anyone. The only bullshit here is an unwillingness on you part to meaningfully address the devastating and substantive criticisms levied against your argument. Posting ad-hominem ****-lists is not the same as making an argument, and it's not going to make the evidence you don't have appear by magic.

    Seriously, it's unfortunate that you've decided to act so poorly. You're doing your own side a disservice by remaining here.
      #1119
  10. Grashnak is offline
    Grashnak's Avatar

    Old School DM

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,055

    Posted On:
    6/22/2007 1:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    Like you I am not a historian, but I made my claims about history as a student would in a history class. Now I am waiting for my professor to agree or correct me or at least send me in the right direction for the research. Everyone else in the class is handing out bullshit rhetoric. You cannot educate anyone on history, because you nor your friends no anything about ancient history, except of course what you can google.
    If you made claims like this in a history class, not only would you fail, but the university would be morally obligated to have you killed and your body dissolved in acid to ensure that your stupidity wasn't contagious.

    We have pointed out many times, concrete, non-rhetorical problems with your claims, such as the fact that the earliest evidence you have of anything is a 3,400 year old painting of wrestling, not a 6,000 year old martial art.

    But you ignore those posts or reply with bullshit like, "I believe...". Belief has no place in history lad. Its not about your beliefs, its about the preponderence of evidence.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
      #1120

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.