218358 Bullies, 6086 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 1126
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161111 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:49am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way young Eric,

    continue to remain proud of your instructor and we hope that one day you do as much good as he has for American Societies. It is hard being a teen, because there are not a lot of good models out their, but most martial artist are people I think you can use as good examples for a determined life.

    To the young warriors world wide, hold your head up and work hard, and remember:

    “Those that practice martial arts should help people.”

    At least warriors can claim that as one of their 6,000 year old traditions.

    Because of the profanity and vulgar language, I don't think we should visit this site again. It's below who you are.


    Don’t worry what others say, but do what you know to be right…and you’ve been trained from the time that you were 8 to be a blessing to others. Continue doing this and you will be counted as a great Martial artist.
    Last edited by Mantis; 12/28/2006 11:52am at .
      #101
  2. OnceLost is offline
    OnceLost's Avatar

    Here's looking at you, squid.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    2,860

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:49am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll leave you two to dicker out the history of Mississippi, but wikipedia supports BOTH of you about the Knights of St. Anthony.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_St._Anthony

    And, lest we rely too heavily on the History Channel, let me remind you that they televise programs that may be more interested in viewers than facts. My wife is an archaeologist at a site that was profiled on a History Channel program - they failed to critically analyze information provided to them. It's TV, for crying out loud.
      #102
  3. kracker is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    399

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:12pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    You need a password to get into the "instructors fortress" too. FINE! Well they can't come into MY CLUBHOUSE either...and anopther thing, NO GIRLS ALOUD! MA is for boys. :p
    sounds like the matbattle clubhouse
      #103
  4. MississippiRed is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara CA
    Posts
    165

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:57pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mantis at this point we as gentlemen should will have to agree to disagree such is the problem with history and the debate thereof. For every book and reference you can find to support your side of the "Free State of Jones" debate I can also do the same as such it's useless to continue to argue either point.


    Same on the issue of the Knights of St. Anthony . History is not for the most part an exact science as you probably know .

    Also she is Ms. Bynum for I don't believe in extraneous titles because they do not impress me in the least except in the case of his Supreme Greatness Grand Poobah Dr. X

    As to this remark "I am sure your ancestors were not very happy with the southerners who stood against the “Lost Cause” they hope would rise. "


    Unless you think I'm a descendent of William Johnson aka "The Barber of Natchez" what would make you assume the my ancestors owned slaves or were a part of the Confederacy? Do you assume me to be a White man because I work to debunk what a unvarifiable history that a Black man puts out reguarding Antebellum Mississippi?

    Sorry but you seem to be batting a thousand today for you dear sir are wrong again. It is entirely possible that my ancestors had Slaves however since I am a person of mixed ancestory the Slave ownership could have come on either side of the fence and from what I know of my Irish side they more than likely owned much of nothing as I come from as far as I've researched , a family group of outlaws and hellraisers on my Black side it is quite possible that we owned Slaves at one time however as they are down from Old money Creole blood.

    See mantis in life try not to assume things or take things at face value or even because someone you respect tells you this is the way it is. If I am ever in the vicinity of Mr. Jones gym I will surely stop by to talk with him .

    As to the foul language and obnoxious behavior well I wouldn't have it any other way. Bullshido is not for those who are weak of will or timid. We don't believe in respecting someone in Martial arts or in life in my case simply because they say we should. In actuality we live by the old codes of the South where if you say something be assured that you will have to back it up in one way or another, and if found to be truthful we can part as allies if not then we will part with us knowing we did our job and you hating Bullshido.

    Mantis and Eric if you choose to hang around so be it you'll learn a lot and if not I have a verse from a song I really like and want to dedicate to you two now.

    "Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain"



    MississippiRed

    Virtute et Armis
      #104
  5. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:19pm


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    History is not for the most part an exact science as you probably know.
    "To the victor go the spoils...." unknown

    "The greatest prize of conquest is the ability to write history to suit your paradigm." my History 432 prof.

    TKD

    THIS IS NOT AN EXIT


    "Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
      #105
  6. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:25pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed
    Mantis at this point we as gentlemen should will have to agree to disagree such is the problem with history and the debate thereof. For every book and reference you can find to support your side of the "Free State of Jones" debate I can also do the same as such it's useless to continue to argue either point.


    Same on the issue of the Knights of St. Anthony . History is not for the most part an exact science as you probably know .

    Also she is Ms. Bynum for I don't believe in extraneous titles because they do not impress me in the least except in the case of his Supreme Greatness Grand Poobah Dr. X

    As to this remark "I am sure your ancestors were not very happy with the southerners who stood against the “Lost Cause” they hope would rise. "


    Unless you think I'm a descendent of William Johnson aka "The Barber of Natchez" what would make you assume the my ancestors owned slaves or were a part of the Confederacy? Do you assume me to be a White man because I work to debunk what a unvarifiable history that a Black man puts out reguarding Antebellum Mississippi?

    Sorry but you seem to be batting a thousand today for you dear sir are wrong again. It is entirely possible that my ancestors had Slaves however since I am a person of mixed ancestory the Slave ownership could have come on either side of the fence and from what I know of my Irish side they more than likely owned much of nothing as I come from as far as I've researched , a family group of outlaws and hellraisers on my Black side it is quite possible that we owned Slaves at one time however as they are down from Old money Creole blood.

    See mantis in life try not to assume things or take things at face value or even because someone you respect tells you this is the way it is. If I am ever in the vicinity of Mr. Jones gym I will surely stop by to talk with him .

    As to the foul language and obnoxious behavior well I wouldn't have it any other way. Bullshido is not for those who are weak of will or timid. We don't believe in respecting someone in Martial arts or in life in my case simply because they say we should. In actuality we live by the old codes of the South where if you say something be assured that you will have to back it up in one way or another, and if found to be truthful we can part as allies if not then we will part with us knowing we did our job and you hating Bullshido.

    Mantis and Eric if you choose to hang around so be it you'll learn a lot and if not I have a verse from a song I really like and want to dedicate to you two now.

    "Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain"



    MississippiRed

    Virtute et Armis
    Mr. Mississippi Red,

    Sir, I am not sure how much I will learn on Bullshido and certainly no one should learn that disrespect is a matter of the other person. Being respectful or disrespectful is a matter of who you are. That is not to say you are not a man of honor … however I do understand with the current level of MMA “respect”—Respect is no longer valued. I am not sure I understood your reference to southern respect. I myself am a Southerner and well we respect people because it’s how we want to be treated. But in any case I concede to your view … after all it’s yours and at least you and your friends respect it, so must I.

    I am not oppose to your facts as they outline your argument, but as you know, facts of history can be woven to look the way we want them to look. Agendas often motivate views of history. My argument for Dr. Jones is concerning self interest … I cannot discern one reason why he would want to promote his art, heck, he won’t even publish a 400 page book he’s written on the subject. All the information he has, he gives it away for free. Secondly, not one of his students can claim they paid one penny for instruction and all of them are extraordinary martial artist both in technique and the things they do for the community to include Mr. Eric. His students model his behavior. This is not to say he is right, but I do not believe he is a charlatan.

    Sir, as to my remark, "I am sure your ancestors were not very happy with the southerners who stood against the “Lost Cause” they hope would rise. " Had nothing to do with your race, it had more to do with the stance that I inappropriately assumed you had. I am sorry if this was offensive… please accept my apology. I don’t know if you have ever heard of Doc Brodus, but he trained George Forman…he wants to do a book about his history, his ancestors were in the confederate army. Here is a picture of “DOC” Broadus:

    http://www.zianet.com/postpubco/electdoc.htm

    As to your comment, “As to the foul language and obnoxious behavior well I wouldn't have it any other way. Bullshido is not for those who are weak of will or timid. We don't believe in respecting someone in Martial arts or in life in my case simply because they say we should.”
    (No one said you should … at least not to my knowledge.)

    Yes when I came to Bullshido almost a year ago, I believed the same … but on second thought, you are so right, I’ve learned a lot.

    If you ever have the opportunity I suggest that you are any of your friends come to Las Vegas and meet Dr. Jones … he is not hard to find. He is a nice guy and he will not ask you to respect him, but your intellectual conversation suggests you might.

    Sir, Until we see you in Las Vegas…

    The Mantis
      #106
  7. MississippiRed is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara CA
    Posts
    165

    Posted On:
    12/28/2006 7:18pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mantis , no offense taken thank you for the apology regardless however.

    The next time I am in Vegas I will make it a priority to meet Mr. Jones afterall face to face conversation is always better than what comes from the Internet or even the telephone.

    Until then


    MississippiRed

    Virtute et Armis
      #107
  8. HonkyTonkMan is offline
    HonkyTonkMan's Avatar

    Y SO SRIUS?

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Black Belt City, Mississippi
    Posts
    5,434

    Posted On:
    12/29/2006 6:36am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis

    I am not oppose to your facts as they outline your argument, but as you know, facts of history can be woven to look the way we want them to look. Agendas often motivate views of history. My argument for Dr. Jones is concerning self interest … I cannot discern one reason why he would want to promote his art, heck, he won’t even publish a 400 page book he’s written on the subject. All the information he has, he gives it away for free. Secondly, not one of his students can claim they paid one penny for instruction and all of them are extraordinary martial artist both in technique and the things they do for the community to include Mr. Eric. His students model his behavior. This is not to say he is right, but I do not believe he is a charlatan.


    Hey Mantis.....do you know what IRONY is? If you dont, please read your earlier posts about c0mb4 t41's history, and then read the yellow highlighted portion.

    Its great how you spout all this "history" at us to support the age claim of CT, but when faced with pure fact , suddenly that argument isnt important anymore.


    So he teaches for free? Probably because he has SOME part of a soul and realizes he is making this **** up.


    But seriously, how does he make a living? Please answer that one for me.
      #108
  9. Mantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    379

    Posted On:
    12/29/2006 6:40pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Hey Mantis.....do you know what IRONY is? If you dont, please read your earlier posts about c0mb4 t41's history, and then read the yellow highlighted portion.

    Its great how you spout all this "history" at us to support the age claim of CT, but when faced with pure fact , suddenly that argument isnt important anymore.


    So he teaches for free? Probably because he has SOME part of a soul and realizes he is making this **** up.


    But seriously, how does he make a living? Please answer that one for me.
    Oldman,

    My only Irony resulted from the act of pursuing a desired outcome, resulting in the opposite effect…

    You said: “So he teaches for free? Probably because he has SOME part of a soul and realizes he is making this &%$# up.” Why would he waist his time, especially if he had a soul?

    “Irony is right!” :pancakebu

    I agree ... I am in no way qualified to relay the history of Dr. Jones family…I was simply trying to defend a young kid named Eric. I’m not even a fair Comba-Tai historian. His senior student Robert Parham is who you need to contact about the history. I wish Dr. Jones would publish his book; it is truly a scholarly work with beautiful pictures of some of the African fighting stuff. He’ll probably just give it away to his students … It’s call the Majesty of Comba-Tai.

    By the way the history is not an important part of the art of Comba-Tai as I see it... many of his students are not that fluent in the history...it is the training that is so valuable and what his students become from their training. Anyway Dr. Jones is a certified instructor in other systems beside Comba-Tai. In addition he is a USA boxing coach ... he teaches boxing for free to kids as well.

    He is employed by the state as a Behavior Modification Coach through BADA and the United States Department of Health and Human Services. He works with severly at-risk kids and he works on the gang taskforce as well.

    Once I asked him why he taught for free ... he says that God has given him a gift to teach and if he took money for it, he believes he would lose that gift. Well he is a gifted teacher, I've seen him teach mentally challenged children and consistently they become phenomenal.

    I guess the stuff could be made up … because it works like a dream for kids that need it…but many kids would tell you like Eric, “he is the Greatest martial artist we’ve ever seen.”


    The Mantis
      #109
  10. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,125

    Posted On:
    12/29/2006 6:52pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every time I read the thread title I see...

    Cobra-Kai is a 6,000 year old Royal Warrior tradition and is the oldest MA

    Where the **** is Miyagi-san?
      #110

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.