Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 9:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twKoxinga
    oh, and until you prove your claims, stop calling people racists, pedophiles, etc, and stop claiming that you're owning us, I don't think you're anyone who should be talking about respect.
    What? So in order for you to answer legitimate points, we have to "ask nicely?"
    Oh and guess what, you have said that you've answered many points, gave links, etc, and you haven't either.

Yes, if you want me to give you the information more than once you need to ask and not try to bully me into an answer because it does not work. I don't respect your scholarship, hell, what scholarship, so I am not worry if you think I am wrong. I'm not selling anything.

Oh, I never called anyone racists, who cares if you are racists, in fact I hope you are racists at least I know where you stand. I like racists people, at least they don't say we are just trying to find out if Comba-Tai is 6,000 years old and that they teach their children that Africa and African Americans have a great history -- give us all a break--no they are honest enough to tell you how they truly feel. I can respect that. But when a jerk says that Comba-Tai or any system is helping African Americans value their history .... it crosses a river I like to call ridiculous.

Yes, I have answered many points and gave links and pictures etc. But no one will give me credit because they are trying to ridicule something that slaps their ideologies in the face.

YOU ARE NOT RACIST, THAT WOULD BE A STEP UP ON the latter of intelligence for most of you.

I’ve answered your questions as best I could and will continue to do so as long as I am allowed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Off the top of my head: Kevin S.Y. Tan, ‘Constructing a Martial Tradition: Rethinking a Popular History of Karate-Dou’, Journal of Sport & Social Issues 28 2 (2004): 169-192.

Tan stresses the difficulty of establishing any claims in oral histories, but gives a very good account of the antecedents and historical circumstances of Karate-Do.

I need something a little before 2004, ok, One more time:

I challenge you to provide a peer review article on Karate-Do before U.S. service men broght it to the U.S.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 9:25pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    I need something a little before 2004, ok, One more time:

I challenge you to provide a peer review article on Karate-Do before U.S. service men broght it to the U.S.
    Do you mean: "I challenge you to provide peer-reviewed articles on Karate-Do, written prior to its introduction to the US"?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    • What was the name of the original founder of Comba-Tai? (And I don't mean Jones, who claims to have revived it - if you have such a detailed oral tradition, surely the tradition must include such an important piece of information as the identity or the originator. )
    • Again, given your detailed oral tradition, please provide the names of the ten masters or grand poohbahs or whatever who preceeded Jones' grandfather. That shouldn't be too hard. I'm pretty sure that any asian martial art could rattle off the last ten masters of their orders.
    See, those are simple, direct questions that any martial art with a long and proud lineage could answer. Especially one with such a detailed history that it can trace itself back 6,000 years.
    I can give you 12 names and one Emperor, but out of respect I must say. Geziret el Malik was taught to him by his Grandfather, who was taught it by his grandfather, but

"The passing on of the lineage was usually attributed to the Negusa Negast which there was none during the Zamana Masafent. It was thus not lawful to name its Sovereign Grand Masters as they were not independent Lords but in the employ of the Negusa Negast. While no Negusa Negast were truly active doing the Zamana Masafent, it was carried on and preserved in the Royal House Yifat."

If you promise not to share the names I will send them to you as a private message. You must give me your word of honor that you will not share them.
    Last edited by Mantis; 6/18/2007 10:35pm at .

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 2:22am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, are you asking for peer-reviewed articles written prior to the introduction of Karate-Do into the US, or peer-reviewed articles investigating Karate-Do prior to its introduction to the US?

Your post isn't clear.

If the former, I'm a little confused. The other posters haven't asked this of you - they've asked for contemporary peer-reviewed scholarship investigating Nubian wrestling, not nineteenth-century analyses of the same phenomenon.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yet another multiple post - please delete
    No idea how this happened
    Last edited by Grashnak; 6/19/2007 9:29am at .
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 9:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please delete - strange multiple posts
    Last edited by Grashnak; 6/19/2007 9:27am at .

Old School DM

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please delete - stupid multiple posts - very strange
    Last edited by Grashnak; 6/19/2007 9:28am at .

Old School DM

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post - please delete
    Last edited by Grashnak; 6/19/2007 9:26am at .

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 9:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis
    If you promise not to share the names I will send them to you as a private message. You must give me your word of honor that you will not share them.
    Thats okay, thats too much trouble. It really isn't all that important. I'm not sure why the names of Comba-Tai masters would be such important secrets that they must be held in confidence, but if thats the case, it really doesn't matter.

Of course, it doesn't help your case as it is very common for bullshido martial arts to claim a secret history that they are sworn not to speak of under pain of death.

Oh, and I'm not sure you understand the concept of respect. You keep demanding that people deal with you respectfully when you are the one calling others assholes, jerks, implied racists, poor martial artists, idiots, etc. Frankly, most people in this discussion have been much more polite than your behaviour warrants. The level of discourse in this discussion is shockingly calm - except when you through a pissy fit.

As to providing you proof about Karate or somesuch I have to point out that no one here is making claims about Karate. You are making claims that seem outlandish and far-fetched. Therefore the onus is on you to provide proof. We don't have to prove that Comba-Tai isn't 6,000 years old. YOU have to prove that it is. And so far you're not doing a very good job.

If you are interested in the origins of other arts though, there are lots of threads on this site challenging the origins of many arts (especially wing chun), so feel free to enter those discussions.