It seems to me that if we take the Dobringer and Ringeck. The idea seems to be that all works on the same principle and it is all just different aspect of one fight.
So nothing is really standing alone other that naked fencing and armoured fencing.
Each time wrestling being just a part global fencing.
In that respect I don’t know about codex W (the online facsimile is very hard to read and I have lent my book)

If we take Ott (ir in VD,VS and juden Lew) and the context he is presented in, things seems to be more compartmented and being a discipline of their own.
That being said there is not that much zu-laufen ringen left in those manuals
That being said I am not sure the audience of the book were the same as the above.

Now that plate http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/91.jpg
Item one more piece
When you with another will run in to wrestle, so wait when he comes to you and will not fall in at the arm, so thrust your right foot in direction of his left knee and with the right hand strike toward the left ???.
So he twitches the foot and the head behind himself so strike with the right foot at his left, as it is stands in the picture. So he falls, be ??????? (I have no clue as to what follows)

So may be the elbow biceps grasp was king of what you would normally expect as well as something that can be used to bring up “peasant” wrestling.
If you give your guys a knife each, you will see that they tend to neutralise each others draw like with that grip.

So may be ringeck and codex W come in with the angle of by passing that, after all as the goody we never attempt it but we are at the receiving end ,and may be for Ott, the angle it that it is the starting point?
Or may be it was the “in” thing to start you explanation from a “guard”?

Phil