Posted On:
    12/08/2009 3:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongkongFooie View Post
    in continuous sparring, there SHOULD be an occasional technique
    Huh? What do they do the rest of the time, stand there like statues?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2009 12:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A technique in EPAK refers to a self-defense combo, unlike in some other MA's where everything is a technique, i.e. a punch, a kick, etc. So I'm refering to the idea that there should be a "Deflecting Hammer" or "Shield and Sword" somewhere in the fight.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    12/09/2009 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Huh? What do they do the rest of the time, stand there like statues?
    Maybe that's what they are waiting for. . .
    for one to freeze with their arm out, so
    the other can do a technique!
    :XXjester:
    `~)

Posted On:
    12/09/2009 5:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Pupule Throwdown Medley

Here's the 2nd throwdown we hosted in Ewa Beach, HI. All the participants are Kajukenbo or Kajukenbo lineage (Hawaiian Kempo)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2009 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone see a karate technique?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2010 10:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Lord of the Sword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All these styles are somewhat alike. They all have something of good value to offer. There just happens to be lot's of politics involved with these arts with people connected with any given camp bad mouthing the others'. Not saying everyone in the Kenpo world does this. It's just there are a lot of strong personalities involved. Everyone wants to be king of the hill & run the show. Best thing to do is try a few classes at each place & stick with the school & style you feel most comfortable with. Good luck.:icon_chee

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 6:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i can only answer what i know about Kaju

Myself and my family were taking Kajukenbo in mesa AZ under Sifu Kelly Corder. Who is not only a great teacher but was is a great listener to your needs in training. Now you want rich history this style has it. I too have searched for over a year looking for this style of martial arts in Oklahoma.
    The forms are tough and the fighting is even tougher. There is alot of work involved as in all arts. However this one took to my lifestyle. if you are looking for fancy kicks and jumping around then this is not it. To me the style is a real modern self defense style. Now i am not saying all others are not, however i have expierenced the lack of actual self defense in others, that target more on point fighting and tournements. however i would not discredit any style of self defense just because of my non interest in them. Kaju within itself is a real work out and teaches alot of real life self defense styles against thugs in the streets. It is fast and effective. To get your attacker on the ground and you away safely. It is recomended for ages 4 to 104. My children have never expierence the bullying most kids go through as they simply take their aggressor down and await assistance from the teacher.....they are 7 and 10. now my son is not very big for 7 he is smaller than most in his class and only weighs 40 lbs but heys like a teenager. I am not claiming it will instantly make you a badd axx but it will definately give you an upper advantage. So good luck on your journey and I hope it this gives you some enlightment you can also check out Kajukenbo.org and they have the complete history on the site. Sifu Corder we love you and hope to see you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinthewalker View Post
    I have searched for years in oklahoma to find a school of American Kenpo and finally one opened here. It is affiliated with Brian Duffys American Kenpo Federation. I have also always been fascinated with Kajukenbo and found a school here that is taught by 8th dan Dan Frazier. His credentials are pretty legit and his students all train hard and seem very helpful. I was impressed by what I saw at this school. My question is which style would fit what I'm looking for the most. What I want is a style that not only fascinates me but has a rich history and something I can make a part of my life. I want a really good challenge physically and mentally and i think both these styles can offer that. The Kajukenbo school was very impressive when I went to check it out and I'm going to check out the Kenpo school this weekend and then decide. Anyone with insight into these styles I would appreciate hearing from. I'm torn between both styles right now and am going to commit one way or the other. Thanks

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD/Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know GM Dan Fraiser. He trained with my Kaju instructor. GM Fraiser hits, and hits HARD.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongkongFooie View Post
    Anyone see a karate technique?
    Yeah, techniques like "punch a guy", "Kick a guy" and "move out of the way".

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The idiocy in some of these posts is disenhartening. Some of you still believe this ****?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast